Smok TFV12-T12 Leak (RESOLVED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
That is actually how the coils are made with those wires protruding. The question in my mind is that it appears they are just a touch too long since there still has to be a seal between the coil body and the base of the atty.

You can actually pull that gold colored stirrup from the bottom of the coil and then you will see the positive wires caught between it and the red seal, but these ones aren't the problem. Then pull the red seal out and you'll see the offending negative wires caught between the red seal and the coil housing. Nip a millimeter or two off these offending wires so the flange on the red seal sits flat against the bottom of the coil housing when re-installed. Put it all back together and don't mix up the wires and it should stop leaking.

PvPHoe

May 9, 2017
That is actually how the coils are made with those wires protruding. The question in my mind is that it appears they are just a touch too long since there still has to be a seal between the coil body and the base of the atty.

You can actually pull that gold colored stirrup from the bottom of the coil and then you will see the positive wires caught between it and the red seal, but these ones aren't the problem. Then pull the red seal out and you'll see the offending negative wires caught between the red seal and the coil housing. Nip a millimeter or two off these offending wires so the flange on the red seal sits flat against the bottom of the coil housing when re-installed. Put it all back together and don't mix up the wires and it should stop leaking.

Those wires are MOST DEFINITELY suppose to be there. But they are not suppose to be sticking out and creating a gap between the body and the red o-ring. This causes the leak.

So yes, either sticking them in with a screw driver, or snipping them back behind the red o-ring both work to solve the same issue. Both solutions will create a flush seal between bottom of coil and red o-ring

PvPHoe

May 9, 2017
You're the best thank you dude.

DO NOT PLAY WITH THE WIRES!!! I WAS WRONG!!!

Turns out... thats just the way they are suppose to be. I went back to the vape shop I bought my TFV12's, and asked to see their replacement coils, and EVERY SINGLE ONE had those wires sticking out. Which instantly lead me to believe that I was not getting defective wires, I was just doing something wrong.

Here is the EXACT STEPS i followed, and 2x Q4's and 1x T-12 coil hasnt leaked after multiple refills (this coming from a guy who has lost 50ml's of liquid since buying his TFV12 due to the learning process of getting these not to leak). These newly installed coils (especially the T-12) had a TONNN of wires sticking out, and none have leaked to date using my steps, even when placed on their sides.

Steps (assuming your using a brand new coil - skip steps that you've already done):
1) Unscrew all parts and check that everything looks good, and that no damage is done to any o-rings
2) Prime your coil (I do this by apply liquid directly to the top of the coil and a drop at each side wick on the coil)
3) Attach your coil to the top part of your tank securely (WITHOUT THE BASE ATTACHED). This is one of the most important steps!!!
4) Attach the base to the bottom of your coil securely (dont over-tighten as this actually will bend the o-rings in different directions due to too much pressure)
5) Check through the airholes to make sure the bar is sitting nicely and not slanted. This can sometimes happen if the bar is not pushed in well enough when tightening the base on.
6) CLOSE YOUR AIRHOLES, open the top, and apply your e-liquid to near the top of the glass, then close tightly right away (as extra precaution, I then place those bands they give you in your box around where you open the top cap so I never accidentally nudge it open or anything)
7) RIGHT AFTER your top is sealed, flip your tank upside down so the e-liquid rushes to the top of the tank, then open your airholes (this will push air out instead of wanting to push liquid out when you first open your airholes. This will also start to create your vacuum so that your liquid doesnt leak).
8) After about 5-10 seconds of the airvents being opened while upside down, flip it back over and let it sit for a MINIMUM OF 10MINS, but i usually do 15. While waiting, every 3mins take about a 2seconds dry pull out of the top of the tank to suck out any unwanted air (helps along the vacuum effect), and to help make sure your liquid gets to all your wicks.
9) After your done waiting 10-15mins, attach your tank to your mod. Then set your mod to 50 watts and do 3 pulls (do not take 3 pulls right away, give it 10 seconds or so between each pull). After those 3 pulls, increase the wattage up by 10, take 3 pulls (1 every 10 seconds), then up the wattage to 70. Keep doing this until you have reached the desired wattage that you will be using this coil on (for my Q4 I vape at 115, T12 I vape at 135 - just preference).
10) YOUR ALL SET. YOUR COIL HAS BEEN PRIMED, TANK VACUUM SEALED, AND YOUR COIL HAS BEEN WORKED IN BY DOING STEP 9. YOU SHOULD NOW NEVER EXPERIENCE ANOTHER LEAK IN YOUR LIFE!

LET ME KNOW IF THIS WORKED FOR YOU!!! WILL BE POSTING THIS IN ITS OWN THREAD TO HELP OTHERS WHO ARE IN NEED SO THEY DONT HAVE TO SEARCH THOUGH THIS LONG THREAD TO FIND THE ANSWER TO LIFE!!!

Guide on Forums: TFV12 - 100% STOP YOUR LEAK GUIDE!!

how to up load

Last edited:

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016

Turns out... thats just the way they are suppose to be. I went back to the vape shop I bought my TFV12's, and asked to see their replacement coils, and EVERY SINGLE ONE had those wires sticking out. Which instantly lead me to believe that I was not getting defective wires, I was just doing something wrong.

Here is the EXACT STEPS i followed, and 2x Q4's and 1x T-12 coil hasnt leaked after multiple refills (this coming from a guy who has lost 50ml's of liquid since buying his TFV12 due to the learning process of getting these not to leak). These newly installed coils (especially the T-12) had a TONNN of wires sticking out, and none have leaked to date using my steps, even when placed on their sides.

Steps (assuming your using a brand new coil - skip steps that you've already done):
1) Unscrew all parts and check that everything looks good, and that no damage is done to any o-rings
2) Prime your coil (I do this by apply liquid directly to the top of the coil and a drop at each side wick on the coil)
3) Attach your coil to the top part of your tank securely (WITHOUT THE BASE ATTACHED). This is one of the most important steps!!!
4) Attach the base to the bottom of your coil securely (dont over-tighten as this actually will bend the o-rings in different directions due to too much pressure)
5) Check through the airholes to make sure the bar is sitting nicely and not slanted. This can sometimes happen if the bar is not pushed in well enough when tightening the base on.
6) CLOSE YOUR AIRHOLES, open the top, and apply your e-liquid to near the top of the glass, then close tightly right away (as extra precaution, I then place those bands they give you in your box around where you open the top cap so I never accidentally nudge it open or anything)
7) RIGHT AFTER your top is sealed, flip your tank upside down so the e-liquid rushes to the top of the tank, then open your airholes (this will push air out instead of wanting to push liquid out when you first open your airholes. This will also start to create your vacuum so that your liquid doesnt leak).
8) After about 5-10 seconds of the airvents being opened while upside down, flip it back over and let it sit for a MINIMUM OF 10MINS, but i usually do 15. While waiting, every 3mins take about a 2seconds dry pull out of the top of the tank to suck out any unwanted air (helps along the vacuum effect), and to help make sure your liquid gets to all your wicks.
9) After your done waiting 10-15mins, attach your tank to your mod. Then set your mod to 50 watts and do 3 pulls (do not take 3 pulls right away, give it 10 seconds or so between each pull). After those 3 pulls, increase the wattage up by 10, take 3 pulls (1 every 10 seconds), then up the wattage to 70. Keep doing this until you have reached the desired wattage that you will be using this coil on (for my Q4 I vape at 115, T12 I vape at 135 - just preference).
10) YOUR ALL SET. YOUR COIL HAS BEEN PRIMED, TANK VACUUM SEALED, AND YOUR COIL HAS BEEN WORKED IN BY DOING STEP 9. YOU SHOULD NOW NEVER EXPERIENCE ANOTHER LEAK IN YOUR LIFE!

LET ME KNOW IF THIS WORKED FOR YOU!!! WILL BE POSTING THIS IN ITS OWN THREAD TO HELP OTHERS WHO ARE IN NEED SO THEY DONT HAVE TO SEARCH THOUGH THIS LONG THREAD TO FIND THE ANSWER TO LIFE!!!

how to up load

If the coil is sufficiently tightened down on the base the silicone might seal around the protruding wire but if it dosen't then it will leak. None of the other procedures you've listed will have any impact on that I'm afraid and turning your tank upside down and opening and closing the airflow will not create a vacuum nor push any air out.

PvPHoe

May 9, 2017
If the coil is sufficiently tightened down on the base the silicone might seal around the protruding wire but if it dosen't then it will leak. None of the other procedures you've listed will have any impact on that I'm afraid and turning your tank upside down and opening and closing the airflow will not create a vacuum nor push any air out.

All i have done i posted the exact steps that worked for me. i was once having my tank of juice leak out within 20mins, i now havent had a single leak when following the above procedures. NEVER ONCE said that this was the be all to end all solution, nor did i EVER ONCE say that all these steps were absolutely necessary...

all i said was, ive done these exact steps and have gotten 3 back to back coils to work without a drip coming out. and these coils were littered with bad sealing at that o-ring because of the grounding wires.

so take it as u will, all ive said was, these steps worked 3 times in a row when my previous steps had never worked. these steps are 100% better than playing with your coils grounding wires, i can assure u that much

Reactions: Eskie

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
Well I finally dug out my Cloud Beast and had a close look at its coils and now I'm going to have to take back much of what I've previously written. I was under the mistaken impression that the red seal actually seals, it dosen't, it is not a seal at all and the wires protruding from it will have no impact on any leaks.

The seal is an O-ring found just above the red thing. The red thing is just a spacer and an insulator nothing more. So the potential for a leak lies with 5 seals, including the top & bottom seals on the glass itself. The o-ring above the wires on the bottom of the coil, the o-ring on the bottom of the chimney, and the flat seal the rotating top uses. If these three seals are in place and working then you won't get leaks unless there is a serious problem with the cotton in the coil or the glass is not sealing. My personal bet as to the most likely culprit would be either top flat seal or the o-ring at the bottom of the chimney.

thevapegod

Jun 18, 2017
Hey everyone, thanks for stopping by.

I've had my new vape set-up for about 4 days now.
(Smok TFV12 Tank with a Limitless Mod Co Arms Race Box Mod)

It's my very first vape ever, and although I planned on taking extremely good care of it; the Smok TFV12-T12 tank has leaked twice now, thus ruining my plan.

The leak seems to be coming from the airflow located at the very bottom of the tank, and it's leaking liquid from the tank somehow.

I noticed that this happened after I filled up the tank and I have a picture of the first leak

pU3Vc9P.jpg

but the second leak which happened a few hours ago was so bad that I had to clean it asap because it was running down the side of the mod.

Sorry for the iPhone quality photos, but you can see the reflection from the liquid that is still currently in the airflow reservoir under the tank.

Hr2lEcL.jpg

tIz9zkF.jpg

hjiq2E2.jpg

This entire time i've owned the vape, I have never placed it on it's side or dropped it. I leave it sitting upright at all times and it has stayed in my room at room temperature, never in direct sunlight. I don't want to turn this into a rant, but as a first time vaper this is really discouraging and I cringe at my vape now because there are juice stains in areas I can't reach for cleaning.

Has anyone out there had similar issues with the TFV12 tanks or has heard of this issue? The vape shop set it up for me and it was working perfectly fine, but it leaks for a bit then stops.

I plan on going back to the vape shop to see what they can do to help me, but in the mean time I would appreciate any replies, thanks in advance.​
Bro my savage setup is what i like to call it just got completely trashed from tfv12 major leak went lal the way into my circuit board while i was sleeping ijoy maxo with tfv12 shorted my power button woke up to the smell of burning metal and hotboxed room foul smelling coil smoke battery wraps done as well my sticker bombed ijoy baby ive had for six months done luckily my coworker gave me his ijoy box cause he doesent use jt but its not the same really hoping i can find a diy fix for leaks (life lesson unscrew tank from mod when not using)

Noob SubO

Jul 28, 2017

how to up load
Hey I went through 3 tanks of juice before replacing top seal and then following your steps. Been vaping on it now for over a week without leaks.
I have both the v8 and v12, v8 is the one I was trying to get to stop leaking. It came with the t8 installed with wires sticking out along with to q4. I actually snipped the wires on q4 while trying to get successful seal on t8. Gave up after 3 tank went down the tube. Then found this forum. Q4 is installed with clipped wires will not do so on next Q4 and see if it leaks when I change the current one out. Don't know what exactly was the fix but will report back when I change out coil for factory one. Thanks for this post very much appreciated. Cheers.

Noob SubO

Jul 28, 2017
Hey I went through 3 tanks of juice before replacing top seal and then following your steps. Been vaping on it now for over a week without leaks.
I have both the v8 and v12, v8 is the one I was trying to get to stop leaking. It came with the t8 installed with wires sticking out along with to q4. I actually snipped the wires on q4 while trying to get successful seal on t8. Gave up after 3 tank went down the tube. Then found this forum. Q4 is installed with clipped wires will not do so on next Q4 and see if it leaks when I change the current one out. Don't know what exactly was the fix but will report back when I change out coil for factory one. Thanks for this post very much appreciated. Cheers.
BTW v12 still in box will un wrap when I have anot her mod to use it.
Cheers.

jray707

May 28, 2014
United States

how to up load
THIS IS NOT CORRECT AND COMMON SENSE WILL ALSO TELL YOU THAT YOU ARE NOT GETTING RID OF ANY AIR LOL. SMOK HAS SAID THE ISSUE IS THE WIRES STICKING OUT

jray707

May 28, 2014
United States
All i have done i posted the exact steps that worked for me. i was once having my tank of juice leak out within 20mins, i now havent had a single leak when following the above procedures. NEVER ONCE said that this was the be all to end all solution, nor did i EVER ONCE say that all these steps were absolutely necessary...

all i said was, ive done these exact steps and have gotten 3 back to back coils to work without a drip coming out. and these coils were littered with bad sealing at that o-ring because of the grounding wires.

so take it as u will, all ive said was, these steps worked 3 times in a row when my previous steps had never worked. these steps are 100% better than playing with your coils grounding wires, i can assure u that much
Actually you did make that claim lol
"YOU SHOULD NOW NEVER EXPERIENCE ANOTHER LEAK IN YOUR LIFE!"

jray707

May 28, 2014
United States
NOW LASTLY, IVE HAD THE BB, THE TFV8, AND NOW THE TFV12 AND ALL OF THEM HAD SAME ISSUE. WE NEED TO CREATE A PETITION OR SOMETHING BECAUSE ITS FLAT OUT WRONG THEY CONTINUE TO MAKE AND SELL US FAULTY PRODUCTS AND IM ....... ANYBODY INTERESTED IN STARTING A PETITION, WRITING OUT A LETTER, AND POSSIBLY EVEN FORMING A BOYCOTT AND SPREADING THE WORD? WE SHOULD NOT ACCEPT THIS BS FOR 1 MINUTE PPL. WE ARE PAYING CUSTOMERS. CANT THEY EVEN BE SUED FOR THIS OR A CLASS ACTION BE STARTEDM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread