• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Smok TFV4, its stock coils and RBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaughtyClownn

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2015
Hi all,

Thought about starting a thread about this tank so those using it can get their reviews and input.

TF-R2 (Dual Coil RBA)
Personally i have tried the dual coil rba that rolled out a tad later. Definitely way better den the first stock single coil rba. On the dual rba deck, my set up would normally be dual 6 wraps of 26ga with a 2.5mm diameter. I was able to hit around 45w-48w. Anything above that i was getting muted flavour and minimal dry hits. Tried it on its stock coil and also when i recoiled and rewicked.

TF-T3 (Triple Coil OCC)
First 3 days everything was nice. Flavour and vapor production was at its optimum. Vaped between 70w-80w. 4th day onwards the throat hit started bit by bit. Had to lower down the wattage to around 50w to eliminate the throat hit. Whats puzzling, reviews on youtube says it can last for 2 weeks to a month! Hrmmm. I tried washing the occ and leaving it overnight, tried it the next day, it only lasted about a day before it hits the throat again.

TF-S6 (Sextuple 6 coil OCC)
This is definitely a juice drainer. Vaped this at 70w-80w. Currently on my 5th day. Very minimal throat hits. Vapor is good, flavour is too notch! If not for its abilities to drain juice so much, this coilhead might just be my favourite so far.

That being said, i dont think the coils mentioned anove are suited for temp control as they have new temp control coils currently out. If anyone has ever tried the coils on temp control, any inputs? Am using the ipv3-li, in temp control you cannot lock the wattage, it fires in joules mode.

So yeah. Lets disscuss more and share our views about this beast!

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

NaughtyClownn

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2015
So far using this tank on single coil.. only had kbox mini... as for dual coil rba hav yet to bought it... so far on single coil mode, flavour doesnt taste much to me.. had to close the airflow on drip tip and the bottom holes to minimum then can taste the flavour.. using clapton coil btw on this tank..
I had mine closed as well initially. Den i tried fiddling around with it. Realised that if you opened the airholes on the driptip just slightly, when i mean slightly its very minimal, just a small peekaboo opening, it gives you a cooler vape at higher wattages. Tried it on FF Munkey & Aj Vape Mango Blackcurrent using the Sextuple OCC and vaping at 70w.

smokyribs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2014
California
I've got the single rba, dual rba, quad coil, tri coils, and nickel air core coils.

So far, the nickel ones are meh. Muted flavor and gets really really hot.

Quad is the best but I'm getting a bit of plastic taste in my vape on my new quad coils. Tried another quad and it also gave me the samr problems.

Might be doing something wrong...

NaughtyClownn

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2015
I've got the single rba, dual rba, quad coil, tri coils, and nickel air core coils.

So far, the nickel ones are meh. Muted flavor and gets really really hot.

Quad is the best but I'm getting a bit of plastic taste in my vape on my new quad coils. Tried another quad and it also gave me the samr problems.

Might be doing something wrong...
So its true! The new aircore coils makes the flavour muted. I guess its cause of the two air holes just beside the coils. Saw lots of reviews saying so. I havent had the chance to lay my hands on the quad coils though. Did you saturate them long enough? What i usually do is to drip a lil of liquid in the coils till the cotton soaks abit, you can tell if its soaked from the sides, the colour of your liquid will show from the juice holes at the side. Then i let it rest in my tank full of liquid for about 5 mins before vaping. Btw just curious, whats your wattage levels on those quads bro?

baba nana

Verified Member
Sep 20, 2015
I had mine closed as well initially. Den i tried fiddling around with it. Realised that if you opened the airholes on the driptip just slightly, when i mean slightly its very minimal, just a small peekaboo opening, it gives you a cooler vape at higher wattages. Tried it on FF Munkey & Aj Vape Mango Blackcurrent using the Sextuple OCC and vaping at 70w.

oh yeah the airholes on the drip tip really can be adjusted to have cooler vape.. draw for 3 seconds still not even hot just warm unlike subtank mini.. lurve it!

Reactions: NaughtyClownn

NaughtyClownn

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2015
Naughty do you chain vape with the OCCs? Have any issues with the heat? Damned thing sure heats up faster than Hisham's erection. I'm on the triple coils.
Yes i do. And yes like what you've mentioned. It heats up fast like a boiling pot. You're on a triple coil, imagine the sextuplet ones. Oh yes, i forgot to mention it drains the batt effin fast as well. Check out the voltage at 70w.
d20937a8031cd6453c517b952368be00.jpg

NaughtyClownn

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2015
Anyone tried using it with the smok X cube 2? I'm thinking of getting the cube 2 and tfv4
Most of my friends that i know are vaping the tfv4 on a xcube 2. The feedback i gathered is that the tc is not accurate. I dont own the xcube 2 personally so i can't comment but for general vaping i think its fine. Oh yeah btw they have already released the black tfv4 and the tfv4 mini. So you might want to consider those.

smokyribs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2014
California
So its true! The new aircore coils makes the flavour muted. I guess its cause of the two air holes just beside the coils. Saw lots of reviews saying so. I havent had the chance to lay my hands on the quad coils though. Did you saturate them long enough? What i usually do is to drip a lil of liquid in the coils till the cotton soaks abit, you can tell if its soaked from the sides, the colour of your liquid will show from the juice holes at the side. Then i let it rest in my tank full of liquid for about 5 mins before vaping. Btw just curious, whats your wattage levels on those quads bro?

Yeah, i tried every single method i could think of.

I'm guessing it might be a lot of bad coils.

Just bought another tfv4 so that I can test the coils on the new tank to isolate the problem. if the quads tastes alright on the new tank then i can finally sleep in peace.

Anyway, the black tfv4 and the tfv4 mini have a slight update.

The inner walls of the drip tips are now in glass instead of metal.

Also, I'm running the quad coils around 70W~90W.

Like the warm vape it gives.

The aircore nickel coils imo absolutely sucks. A waste of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread