• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Smok TFV4, its stock coils and RBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaughtyClownn

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2015
I was considering this also, but am worried about splattering and end up tasting the juice directly in the mouth. My current setup (dual coil: straightened kanthal 24G six winding on 2.5mm - 0.25Ω at 40w) have significant amount of splattering (can hear) when I use the Rayon CelluCotton which is super absorbent.
Checkout the drip tip, it has the bottom made exactly like a occ to prevent spitbacks.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Hysterix

Aug 1, 2015
Restrictive Red Dot
Both the tri and quad frustrating sia, its like an embody of a juice vampire and boiling kettle.

Meaning those cross border juices in the tank loses their flavour body very fast due to the heat, so far only angmoh juices can last for my stock 3/4 coils.

Economical wise, would advise dual rba for best juice consumption rate and building flexibility because of the long body able to build it vertically.

Reactions: MMM

VapGeek

Verified Member
Oct 11, 2015
Local
Kept getting dry hits this afternoon, decided to rebuild my TF-R2 using my spare.
Then I notice the negative and positive 'post' of my current TF-R2 are almost touching each other (Paper width gap).
You can see the new TF-R2's post have a significant gap. Not sure why this happened? May be a manufacture variation or if it is because the 'electrical insulation' under the post on the left may have melted. So TF-R2 user take note.

TF-R2_02_.jpg

TF-R2_03_.jpg

Last edited:

NaughtyClownn

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2015
Kept getting dry hits this afternoon, decided to rebuild my TF-R2 using my spare.
Then I notice the negative and positive 'post' of my current TF-R2 are almost touching each other (Paper width gap).
You can see the new TF-R2's post have a significant gap. Not sure why this happened? May be a manufacture variation or if it is because the 'electrical insulation' under the post on the left may have melted. So TF-R2 user take note.

View attachment 499757

View attachment 499758
Thanks for the share bro! Will def keep a lookout!

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Comrade Vape

Verified Member
Oct 4, 2015
Local
Why is the TFV4 such a b*tch to disassembleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::-x:-x

Was taking it apart today for a good wash to welcome a different juice.. good God for the life of me I could NOT remove the pyrex from the base. The top came right off but the bottom.. ....!! So i had to use a small-nosed plier to remove the OCC and screw in a new one.. now I'm feeling nervous as I've only managed to tighten the OCC with the plier and not my fingers.. fark i'm so frustrated!!!!!:-x:-x:banana::-x:-x:spammers:

Reactions: mondokz

VapGeek

Verified Member
Oct 11, 2015
Local
Why is the TFV4 such a b*tch to disassembleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::-x:-x

Was taking it apart today for a good wash to welcome a different juice.. good God for the life of me I could NOT remove the pyrex from the base. The top came right off but the bottom.. ....!! So i had to use a small-nosed plier to remove the OCC and screw in a new one.. now I'm feeling nervous as I've only managed to tighten the OCC with the plier and not my fingers.. fark i'm so frustrated!!!!!:-x:-x:banana::-x:-x:spammers:

Buy spare pyrex! I broke one so far. I just got some coloured ones and found out the edge finishing is a lot better than the originals as the edge is smoother thus easier to insert and remove.

Matt Marshall

Feb 21, 2015
So far using this tank on single coil.. only had kbox mini... as for dual coil rba hav yet to bought it... so far on single coil mode, flavour doesnt taste much to me.. had to close the airflow on drip tip and the bottom holes to minimum then can taste the flavour.. using clapton coil btw on this tank..
The kbox mini doesn't have enough power to roast those coils. Even with the mini rba your looking at 65watt minimum and the flavour is outstanding for a tank

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

VapGeek

Verified Member
Oct 11, 2015
Local
Got my o ring replaced (VMQ O-ring aka Silicone O-ring non-toxic).
Got them locally at $1 each, which is extremely mark up price compared to online auction website price. I didnt have a choice since I dont have spare left for the TF-R2 and my orders for the o rings have not arrive.

Used it for a week, there was no signs of tear or breaking.

The ones I got for the cap to glass was 15mm(ID)*1.83mm was a bit too tight, but luckily my replacement glass has a rounded edge instead of a flat edge. Thus it was easier to install the glass back.
The one for the TF-R2 was 8mm(ID)*1mm, they didnt have stock for 9mm. I tried the 10mm*1mm o ring but it was too thick, which resulted in poor electrical contact with the base.

No leaks

20151028020205.jpg

20151028020206.jpg

1TA2F

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
Little Red Dot
Got my o ring replaced (VMQ O-ring aka Silicone O-ring non-toxic).
Got them locally at $1 each, which is extremely mark up price compared to online auction website price. I didnt have a choice since I dont have spare left for the TF-R2 and my orders for the o rings have not arrive.

Used it for a week, there was no signs of tear or breaking.

The ones I got for the cap to glass was 15mm(ID)*1.83mm was a bit too tight, but luckily my replacement glass has a rounded edge instead of a flat edge. Thus it was easier to install the glass back.
The one for the TF-R2 was 8mm(ID)*1mm, they didnt have stock for 9mm. I tried the 10mm*1mm o ring but it was too thick, which resulted in poor electrical contact with the base.

No leaks

View attachment 501880

View attachment 501881

You replaced it after how long? Getting my tank soon and I'm worried about it leaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread