smoktech 510 dual coil feeler

Status
Not open for further replies.

thehangdude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
part (a huge part) of the problem seems to be vendors complaining. they are being greedy and just plain rude. there are a few I won't name that I won't be ordering from anymore...
If the problem is the vendors, maybe we should know who is trying to shaft us.

These are a great product, and I was wanting some to spread around. PIF them to newer vapors, share them with friends. The co-op is not going to break any vendors, and will at most lose them a few dollars. I see them for sale at $2 many places. We'll pay one dollar.

Name the obstructionists!

But seriously, I hope the co-op will succeed.

Neo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ...off the analogs for years!
I find this scenario to be ridiculous. The wholesaler can sell to anyone they please. The vendor(s) cannot go elsewhere for the product because no one else makes/sells it at this point so I don't see how they hold anything over the head of the wholesaler. The vendor will continue to sell at their marked up prices to lots of people who wouldn't participate in the coop or don't even know about it. It's not like the coop would buy every carto in existence.

I can see where vendors would be getting pissy about it. Honestly, I would like to know the vendors who are- the truth is- I know every buisiness owner is out to make money, thats the whole point (coming from someone who averaged less than minimum wage making custom cakes all last year) - BUT, we also need to think about the fact that I DONT get upset when my clients run to walmart and buy a 25.00 cake, instead of buying a 250.00 from me- it just makes them appriciate MINE more when they do reorder- AND they DO reorder- usually appologizing for having ran to walmart the last time-

I know this is 500 carto's that the American vendors wont sell- BUT, there were quite a few folks who had never even bought one bfore who were willing to buy- Chances are they will go searching out those carto's at local vendors once these runout. its the coupon mentality- a manufacture eats the cost the first few weeks or months, to get people to use the product cheaply and fall in love, then quits putting out the coupon-

BUT our vendors have it easier- THEY dont have to eat any cost- we all get in on this- buy the carto's. AND love them, but its too much of a PITA to keep dealing with the company or we cant get together another large order, so we go to the vendors to get it. common sense... they didnt even have to draw us in to get us to buy from them!! They actually MADE money on the deal!

Uggggggg

Sainted_S

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Nether Iceland of NWPA
I kinda of had the thought that it was vendors complaining when smoketech came back with a larger minimum. How convenient that it was to the point where the co-op rules would make it an impossibility because of the cap. I also think they did harm to themselves because I'm not paying what the vendors are charging for dual coils when I'm pretty happy with what I use currently and this makes me adamant on that point. I gladly would have saved money with the co-op, but it's not such a huge thing to pass on them if I have to pay full, retail price.

Last edited:

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
I agree completely Q4!! I think that is completely backwards of any vendors to think this is a bad thing. Personally, when a new product comes out- I won't buy the outrageous 'new' prices (as we all know prices usually drop) I am perfectly content to vape what I use now.. heck, even daily I don't use the same thing.. so do I care if I'm missing out on the latest and greatest? NO. I am content to wait, rather than pay exorbitant prices.

However, on the flip side; I would gladly jump at a chance to try a new product at a reduced rate. (like a co-op) Then I get to test and see if I like something, without pouring a bunch of money into something I may not like. After I test them, THEN I go to my regular vendor and buy the products I know I like... and may even be willing to pay higher prices- if I know I like them!
But I am not about to throw away money to find out if I like something.

And if these vendors are making a stink, not only are they losing out on my possible business.. but if I find out who, I WONT shop there again. It boils my blood thinking they would pull some dirty tricks to cut us out. We have every right to hold a co-op if the manufactures will do it...

blah.. makes me mad.

The Big Chief

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2009
Anderson, IN
Im with Bug. Its a bit petty for retailers to be complaining, as if its ecf's job, or manufacturers job to insure their sales. Now I do understand their perspective on constant co-ops, as it could make a mark on their income, just not a huge one. I prefer also to jump in on a small buy to test the waters before sinking in a bunch of money to find they arent my kinda thing. If I like, then I support the company that has earned my business, and buy more.
The only upsetting part to me, is PIF not getting co-ops. I understand classies, as that is purely selfish over there. But over here, they serve a much larger purpose, and half wind up being given out for others to test the water also. This is the place for good will, and if anyone deserves a break, its these participants. This forum is strictly not for profit, and why I didnt mind doing co-ops here. Classies, no thanks...its dissapointing to see its come to this, or has been allowed to get to this point where suppliers get to complain about the forums that got them their business to begin with. But we know it wasnt blue mist, xtreme, or PA etc. Im sure they have appreciated our past orders.

rob5482

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
new york
There is only one thing I am confused on here. How can the vendors have any bearing on us buying from the supplier? The suppliers deal with alot of different vendors and don't really care who they sell their product to as long as they get their money.

There is something going on here and I wish Zadane would just post the whole thing.

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
*(I don't know for sure, because I'm not running the co-op... so this is speculation!)

I'm guessing that if enough of their 'customers' complained and said "we will pull our accounts".. the manufacturers would be more concerned with a loss of their regular business account(s) than with our little co-op.

It's business (dirty pool, IMHO) but I don't really blame the manufacturer.. we ARE the small fish here. What would you do if your business accounts were threatening to pull their accounts and go elsewhere? :blink:

Neo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ...off the analogs for years!
*(I don't know for sure, because I'm not running the co-op... so this is speculation!)

I'm guessing that if enough of their 'customers' complained and said "we will pull our accounts".. the manufacturers would be more concerned with a loss of their regular business account(s) than with our little co-op.

It's business (dirty pool, IMHO) but I don't really blame the manufacturer.. we ARE the small fish here. What would you do if your business accounts were threatening to pull their accounts and go elsewhere? :blink:

True. However, there is only one place at this time to buy these things so IF the vendors threatened this, it's an idle threat.

I really wish this would all get laid out on the table.

rob5482

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
new york

If I was tho sole manufactuer of these I would tell them go right ahead there are 100 more dealers that will buy them when you don't. There is no way they would make any kind of dent in their profits, its all about economics, supply and demand. A few dealers stop buying them, the other dealers see this, start buying them and charging even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread