Status
Not open for further replies.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
Just tried 8 volts by stacking to fresh charged 3.7 volt bats. Still no burning LOLOLOLOL. This is officially the most insane vapor I have ever hit. I thought 2 dual coils on a AJ dual atty was great.... No 8 volts into 1 is pretty sufficient .. hahaha.

I can't resist, time to load it up with some pure VG stuff and checking wicking and vapor production.

I think it would be awesome if you could take video of yourself hitting the dual coil atomizer with 8 volts. I would love to see it.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I'm only capable of 3.7 and 6.0v. I've been using them since the 25th of last month, and I have to agree that the single most impressive thing about them is that they do not burn. You can chainvape the heck out of them and get them scorching hot with no burned taste. At 6v, they heat up extraordinarily quickly and deliver a lot of vapor. The flavor is excellent as well. The temperature of the vapor and the fact that these don't burn makes the experience very analog-like. At 3.7v, it takes a couple of pulls to get them hot, but they deliver at 3.7 too.

I only have 2 negatives I can mention with these cartos. I have one juice that doesn't produce much vapor in them. It is a 100% PG DK-TAB. I get flavor but hardly any vapor, so I think maybe these are just too hot for 100% PG. - The other mentionable negative is that these pop and spit quite a bit when freshly filled. I've had to put the silicone ring back in and put my drip tip on top of it to minimize having extremely hot juice occasionally hitting my tongue (with other cartos, I've just thrown away the ring and never had anything like that happen). - That problem more or less goes away after the first fill as the filler swells up a little.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
The total wattage is off the battery. I think each coil would see half (i.e. 9 watts off the battery would be 4.5 watts to each coil).

I just got mine. The two I tested metered at 1.6 and 1.5Ω. Using them on my eGo (3.2v) and on my 3.7v Riva SE; maybe a bit harsh on the Riva, really nice on the eGo--5-6 Watts is usually my sweet spot. I'm not a fan of high wattage vaping.

So far so good. I'll keep you posted. I need some more time with them.

In the meantime, happy vaping!

BTW, Wattage = Voltage squared divided by resistance.

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
So, what would be the best PV for these, keeping in mind that I don't want a huge throat hit?

What are you using currently?

I like them on low voltages, 1.6Ω atty on 3.2v will generate ~6 Watts. This is about as much as I can take without my juices beginning to taste cooked or scorched. [Some people like it hotter, though.] They don't deliver any more TH than 2.0Ω Boge cartos and the vape is comparable. Maybe Boge has a slight edge with regard to taste. Not sure yet.

What's your favorite combo (battery and atty)?

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
Not to sound like a schill for these guys but hoosierecigsupply is having a 15% off sale off the already lowest price on these cartos. Here's the link. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...pply-com-were-now-accepting-credit-cards.html

Yeah, I saw that. Just placed a big order from them. I would not be shocked to see their stock of the dual coil cartos go out of stock in a hurry. With the discount, their prices are nearly half of what everyone else is charging.

Last edited:

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
What are you using currently?

I like them on low voltages, 1.6Ω atty on 3.2v will generate ~6 Watts. This is about as much as I can take without my juices beginning to taste cooked or scorched. [Some people like it hotter, though.] They don't deliver any more TH than 2.0Ω Boge cartos and the vape is comparable. Maybe Boge has a slight edge with regard to taste. Not sure yet.

What's your favorite combo (battery and atty)?

I was using standard KR8s, but just placed an order for these along with that ePower.

How much VG can these handle?

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I was using standard KR8s, but just placed an order for these along with that ePower.

How much VG can these handle?

Well, according to Hoogie from MadVapes: these are not suitable for eGo, 510, 901 or mosfet driven type batteries. These are meant to be used with 3.7 volt mods with a switch capable of handling 2 or more amps.

On the other hand, Drew at Nhaler says they are OK on the eGo and the Riva. But they both agree that you need big batteries (650 mAh at least). I've been using mine on my eGo and it sure goes through the juice and the battery fast, just like any other LR atty would. I wouldn't use them on stock batteries like 510 or kr808; those just can't handle any LR atties.

I don't know about VG, but I'm using 70/30 PG/VG juices without a problem. The filler in those cartos is very good, loose, and the wicking seems to be better than in other cartomizers. But you really need a big battery.

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Yeah, I saw that. Just placed a big order from them. I would not be shocked to see their stock of the dual coil cartos go out of stock in a hurry. With the discount, their prices are nearly half of what everyone else is charging.

Out of stock. You bought them all. You bast... rascal.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
For those that missed the Hoosier deal since they are out of stock now, crystalclearvaping.com has good pricing for them as well if you order the three pack ($32) and they don't charge for shipping. I haven't ordered from them though so I don't know how they are and they seem to be having small issues accepting payments at the moment, but that is their everyday price.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread