The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Smoktech Dual Coil Cartomizers

Discussion in 'Cartomizer Reviews' started by Stownz, Apr 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. nvglenns

nvglenns Full Member Verified Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Nevada
    I got my hubby the Smoktek tanks with his first vv, he had nothing but problems with them - flooding, burnt, etc I'm not sure if it was "operator error" maybe? He went through a 5 pack of the single punch atty's in 2 weeks! He has since switched to the rba's and LOVES them!

2. Koman

Koman Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2010
    lv
    Umm that's unfortunate. Maybe defective ones?

3. Barry Badrinath

Barry Badrinath Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 1, 2009
    New Jersey
    I have a 900mAh standard Ego and a 650 KGo VV, are these alright for them?

Not in a tank, but just the cart filled?

Also, I have seen 1.3ohm and 2.0ohm, which is better and what is the difference? Will both be OK for either of the above batteries?

4. Big J All Day

Big J All Day Full Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Fresno, California
    Can I use them with a tank? Remember, no such thing as a stupid question right? Just entered into cart tanks, love them. Using prepunched boges, like them, but can't up voltage without burning. And considering that they Will work w/ a tank, might I get more days of vaping with them? Either way your review sold me and I'm picking some up thx.

5. MrGimp

MrGimp Senior Member ECF Veteran

will these work in something like this EGO-EVOD. I dont mean to sound stupid, i'm just starting out, and trying to learn as much as I can so I don't waste money and frustrate myself by getting the wrong products an set up.

6. Koman

Koman Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2010
    lv
    Thanks for clarifying.

7. BradleyNIN

BradleyNIN Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I recently picked some of these up from a guy on eBay who was unloading his random vape stuff.

I didnt enjoy it until I put it on my Vamo with about 12 watts. Wow! These things really put out the vapor! Dont get me wrong, I prefer the ease of use and constant vape of my tanks but the 10 of these I have will be fun to use juice out of my normal rotation.

8. sandybeach

sandybeach Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 8, 2011
    Chicago
    I know what you mean about the tanks being better. My problem with using cartos, even in a tank, is that they go bad so fast and I went through so many. I'm guessing I had about 200 cartos, I just gave them away. I kept some of my dual coil tanks, but finally gave all of those away too.

9. Shadowtao

Shadowtao Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 7, 2010
    Over There
    Good information, thanks. I will try them out.

10. Extremeodd

Extremeodd Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 9, 2009
    Been using the DCT-2 2.0ohm cartos in random smok tanks for a year or two now as my dailys and almost never have issues. The sweet spot personally has been a 2 hole 2ohm on my bolt with 2x cr123 3v batteries, cant hold the button but gotta tap it to keep from burning but almost never have issues with going dry or flooding. Ive looked into rebuildables but Im a guy thats been over the modding and tweaking scene for a loooong time and its very nice to have something that will just simply work. Out of a few hundred Ive never had a single DOA, and Ive NEVER had one actually die. They just get to the point where they taste terrible. One way to make them last way longer is to shove a safety pin in each side to straighten up the air hole and coil, also breaks crud off of the coil. I usually get 1.5-2 weeks per carto this way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.