Smoktech Dual Coil Cartomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Hands down all Iken Atty's will blow any carto away, and I also agree about these dual coil cartos to a point, I have dissected one of them IssacClark, they are nothing more then one more wire coming up through the wrapping of the carto and the wire is a piss poor cheap piece of skimpy thin wire, nothing of a high quality wire being used, just like most of the wire coming from across the pond over in china, Issac is using all USA internals now made right here in the good old USA then has them shipped over to China to be used for his Atty's and this is only one of the reasons his Atty's are a big step up from others.!

namuch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Surprise,Az
Hands down all Iken Atty's will blow any carto away, and I also agree about these dual coil cartos to a point, I have dissected one of them IssacClark, they are nothing more then one more wire coming up through the wrapping of the carto and the wire is a piss poor cheap piece of skimpy thin wire, nothing of a high quality wire being used, just like most of the wire coming from across the pond over in china, Issac is using all USA internals now made right here in the good old USA then has them shipped over to China to be used for his Atty's and this is only one of the reasons his Atty's are a big step up from others.!

Over the last 2 years I have used nearly all of Iken's atty's (306,510,901 lr and hr), and even some of his cartos. But they have been collecting dust since I picked up these dual coil cartos. The warmth and fullness of vapor you can get on a small form riva/ego battery just can't be beat. Beats lugging pipe bombs and boxes around by a long shot. Maybe he can take these new ideas and run with them to create a more QC consistent product than Smok Tech is putting out. But until he does, his atty's (and all my others) will stay on the shelf along with all my other clumsy, bulky, mods I've built and bought over the years...

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Over the last 2 years I have used nearly all of Iken's atty's (306,510,901 lr and hr), and even some of his cartos. But they have been collecting dust since I picked up these dual coil cartos. The warmth and fullness of vapor you can get on a small form riva/ego battery just can't be beat. Beats lugging pipe bombs and boxes around by a long shot. Maybe he can take these new ideas and run with them to create a more QC consistent product than Smok Tech is putting out. But until he does, his atty's (and all my others) will stay on the shelf along with all my other clumsy, bulky, mods I've built and bought over the years...

That's why we all have choices, I'm an Atty guy all they way, I really dont like or use cartos to much I just dont like the taste of filler, or the potentials they could have from using them down the road but I know others do. As far as big mods, heck I will take my 2 VV Ali'i,, Reo Grand,,Reo Mini,, and my Phids all day long, grab one,2 or, 3 and go. Everything is wrapped up inside and not carrying juice and all the stuff needed with the smaller ecigs and just pull my trigger and give a little squeeze of the bottle or push of a small feed button (Phid) any day of the week then having to keep refilling cartos. I think that all comes down to personal choice but as the vaping world grows I think self contained units are what's gonna be more in demand all day long. Only time will tell as technology grows to what we all wil like and be using in this fast paced world of vaping moves forward. As for me, I'm going to keep using all my Iken 2ohm & HV Attys all day long over filler style carto's and feeding them from the bottom on the fly while vaping at the same time.!!!

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
I just loaded a fresh dual coil with AVE gorilla juice. I think gorilla juice is all VG (I didn't check). Running it on hubby's ProVari at 3.7v and it's producing a ton of vapor. I don't have any filler taste and I'm not a big fan of AVE but this juice is pretty darn good in this carto. I haven't tried the juice in a Boge to compare or Ikenvape's...as I want Ikenvape's for my daily rotation of favorites.

Also, I cleaned one of these in an ultra sonic jewelry cleaner without issues. Sucker is vaping like a champ after I dried it in a food dehydrator. No problems on the cleaning.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
I don't understand how they're LR when I use them @ 6v.

Using them @ 3.7v gives me little vapor compared to reg cartos...

6 volt draw off the battery = 3 volts to each coil. 3.7 volt draw = 1.85 volts to each coil. The net result is LR, but each coil is still 3 or 3.2 ohms.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
.... these dual coils dont even come close to Ikenvape's cartos in any aspect. They're more expensive, and give out less vapor + taste.

Keep in mind @ 6v these give decent vapor, but on a Ego type battery these just fall through.

Curious, which one are you talking about. They have a bunch of different 510 cartos on their site, most of which are sold out.

Thanks!

son et lumiere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Earth
Curious, which one are you talking about. They have a bunch of different 510 cartos on their site, most of which are sold out.

Thanks!

I believe he is talking about these ones. I went to buy some to cpmpare but they are sold out. Of course the drippers they have are the same but I just don't feel like buying a couple of cartos at $4 that come with a drip tip because I dont need one.

http://www.ikenvape.com/store/cartomizers/510cartomizers/ikv510v2

alldayvape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
Maryland

Thanks!

hey, the ones I'm was referring to are the 510 Gold V2 Cartos... Now I should say that @ 3.7v the IkenVape's outperform the dual coils.. At the range from 5 to 6 volts the dual coils do quite nicely, and I don't think I can take the V2's that high up.

Another disclaimer: Being new to vaping I need to learn to NOT judge products right away. The dual coils do hold a nice amount of liquid and as mentioned do decent enough at higher voltages..

Btw: I'm alldayvape on Elixir. I think I see you there every now and then :)

Edit: If you PM me your address I can send you a 510 Gold V2.. Going to the post office tomorrow ..

Last edited:

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
hey, the ones I'm was referring to are the 510 Gold V2 Cartos... Now I should say that @ 3.7v the IkenVape's outperform the dual coils.. At the range from 5 to 6 volts the dual coils do quite nicely, and I don't think I can take the V2's that high up.

Another disclaimer: Being new to vaping I need to learn to NOT judge products right away. The dual coils do hold a nice amount of liquid and as mentioned do decent enough at higher voltages..

Btw: I'm alldayvape on Elixir. I think I see you there every now and then :)

Edit: If you PM me your address I can send you a 510 Gold V2.. Going to the post office tomorrow ..

Some say the dual coils need a bit of a break in period, but I don't know if that's true or not.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Some say the dual coils need a bit of a break in period, but I don't know if that's true or not.

Interesting. Worked for me nicely out of the box.

Check it...

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...vs-smok-tech-510-lr-dual-coil-mega-carto.html

It's always a trip reading these threads. I've got one on the Giantomizer...

Post 1) I hate it.
Post 2) I love it.
Post 3) I hate it.
Post 4) I love it.

And they go on and on.

Everyone has different "tastes". Just have to learn to respect peoples opinions on this stuff.
Then learn not argue your opinion over theirs.

You gotta find someone doing reviews with similar tastes and opinions as your own, or do what I do, ignore everyone and try stuff out for yourself :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread