The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Smoktech Dual Coil Cartomizers

Discussion in 'Cartomizer Reviews' started by Stownz, Apr 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. sandybeach

sandybeach Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 8, 2011
    Chicago
    I've had very good service from Brent at Hoosier. Whenever I've asked him to replace something, he has.

2. sandscards

sandscards Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 6, 2012
    Broken Arrow, OK
    I've also placed several orders with Hoosier for the Smoktech single and dual coil cartos and haven't had any bad ones or funny taste. This goes back a couple of months to current. No problems with any of them. Always good service, good prices, and when asked a question almost immediate replies. One of my favorite vendors.

3. plasticscones

plasticscones Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 27, 2012
    Tropic
    i just got two and my ego twist. couldn't be happier! makes my virgin vapor liquids so delishhh

4. lnfound

lnfound Full Member Verified Member

Apr 27, 2011
    MA
    I've been using the 1.2ohm on my Reo. Clear XL have been excellent, until this last batch. 3 in a row, cracks near the base within 1 hour. By cracks I mean completely falling apart tube. This was the first batch I could get the 1.2 shorty blacks and those are excellent.

Put in an order yesterday for a bunch of those since I like them a bit more after trying them finally.

Sent from my SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

5. passerbyeus

passerbyeus Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 13, 2009
    Kentucky
    I have yet to find a cartomizer better than the 1.5 dual coil in testing since the coils came out, yes they clog easy and run your battery down faster but the taste ,warmth and vapor production is the best I found yet, I have ordered some fusions to try and should be getting those in a day or two....

6. Vinv

Vinv Full Member Verified Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Space
  7. speedemon

speedemon Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 7, 2009
    Chicagoland
    You can use xl dc cartos with your tank would stick out the bottom farther.I would'nt buy prepunched though because you will need to put your holes up higher.

8. sandybeach

Nov 8, 2011
    Chicago
    With shorter tanks, as speedemon says, I just punch the hole a bit farther up. I really like the V2 punch that Phiniac and other places sell. There is an excellent instructional video on the punch on Phiniac's website.

9. k3vin

k3vin Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Aug 31, 2010
    OK USA
    Marking a place in this thread,

10. chuff425

chuff425 Full Member

Smoketech dual coil for 510 are only $1.79 each at Hoosier. We use the 1.5, and the 1.25 on an ego-T battery passthrough. They never disappoint. Hoosier ROCKS! They are close to us, and no one can get stuff here any quicker. Here is a link to help with the search.
    Cartomizers

11. VpnDrgn

VpnDrgn Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 21, 2010
    Gulfport, MS.
    Why put the excess out the bottom? Unless it is a "Lava" style tank, just let the excess stick out the top.
    It gives you something to grip when trying to screw on a tank that is a little "slidey" when just filled.
    And, you can use pre-punched cartos or punch your own at regular location.

12. ckimura

ckimura Full Member

Aug 12, 2012
    pullman, washington
    I just bought a 5 pack of these, and I'm using them on my ego battery. For some reason the vapor production is very poor unless i take a massive drag on it. Anybody have a solution for me?

13. Led Hendriani

Led Hendriani Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 22, 2009
    Northern California
    If they are the XL's then you need to put 58-62 drops in them slowly, not getting any in the middle hole so that the carto will be full of liquid...I drop about 50 and then start adding 2 drops at a time so that the most I will waste is 2 drops if I go over, let it stand on the desk or table on a paper towel of some sort and see if it can take more...you will now within a minute if it is too much, usually quicker.

If I recall correctly , the standard size takes 40 or so drops to fill....

If you put less than a full amount the first time, it is very easy to burn the coil(s). (or what is near them)

14. sandybeach

Nov 8, 2011
    Chicago
    Try it on a different PV. I get very good vapor production with dual coils in a tank; I rarely use just the cartos anymore. It's also possible that you got knock-off and/or defective cartomizers.

I fill mine with the cap. I fill the cap with juice, then slowly push the cartomizer down on the cap. I do this four times, then blow out the excess.

15. alilallal

alilallal Full Member Verified Member

Aug 13, 2012
    los angeles
    I love this carto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Vinv

Vinv Full Member Verified Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Space
    can I make them work with a phiniac clear regular size tank ? I know it will stick out on top but still .... and make the holes from the bottom , will this method utilize both coils effectively ?

17. passerbyeus

passerbyeus Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 13, 2009
    Kentucky
    A month later.....Yes it will work fine

18. pjim

pjim Full Member Verified Member

Nov 4, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Yeah same hear, terrible vapor production on my ego, not sure if i'm doing something wrong?

19. sandybeach

Nov 8, 2011
    Chicago
    I think an Ego battery if it's a small one like a 650 may be not high enough power for this.

20. pjim

pjim Full Member Verified Member

Nov 4, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Yes, I was thinking the same thing, that maybe 3.7v isn't the best for these cartos, my battery is 900 mah but perhaps just doesn't cut it. I'll try it again when I get my vv battery next week. Has any one else had any luck with an ego on these I wonder?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.