The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Smoktech Dual Coil Cartomizers

Discussion in 'Cartomizer Reviews' started by Stownz, Apr 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. sandybeach

sandybeach Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 8, 2011
    Chicago
    PJ, I had a Kgo, 1100, and even that got crapped out from dual coil cartos. I love my VV mods! Can use anything with them.

Even the Ego Twist, the big battery, I use DC Tanks!

2. dyckie

dyckie Full Member

my Smoktech DC 1.5's are working fine an a 900mah Ego twist set on max (4.8v) - warm hit, good vapor production, more taste than an LR clearo or an LR Vivi IMO.

I like 'em so far - lots of snap, crackle, and poppin' tho...

3. pjim

pjim Full Member Verified Member

Nov 4, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Finally got some results with this carto on the basic ego. You've got to get it warmed up it seems. Hold the button for a bit before you take a draw, first one still won't be great. Repeat, and I seem to find its giving of decent vape on the second hit onwards, until it cools again. I'm finding you've got to be holding that button for 3 secs plus before taking a draw on it. It will crackle a little then seems to be ready.

Hopefully help anyone using this on an ego.

Still not much good for all day vaping. Needs vv I think.

4. Plumes.91

Plumes.91 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 30, 2012
    United States
    I'm using the smoktech dual coil cartomizer tanks that come stock with smoktech dualcoils in them and they rock as long as you keep your tank filled. I find that if you fill these from above, they will clog and die within a few days... But as long as your keeping them wet, like in a tank that is constantly feeding them juice, they rock for a good long time. I'm wondering, does anyone here know how the coils are positioned? I know these are dual coils so, where are the coils? Vertical on each side, or horizontal on the bottom? I ask because the top of the filler material is always bone dry when i'm using these in a tank, but I've never gotten a dry hit or anything from these. So I'm wondering if the coils are situated toward the bottom of the cartomizer, yeah? Anyone know?

5. Plumes.91

Plumes.91 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 30, 2012
    United States
    These work great at 3.7 volts and they work fantastic at 4 to 4.3 volts. Its because they are DUAL coils. Haven't any of you ever watched GRIMMGREEN videos? haha. DUAL coil cartomizers work better at higher voltages, despite what the ohm says... Its because there are two coils, which raises the total resistance of the cartomizer, I think. I love it on 3.7v mods though and I think a lot of people would. Its cooler vapor but still tons of vapor and a great throat hit. Can somebody please answer the question I posted above though?

6. Stownz

Stownz Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2010
    Guthrie, OK
    Work nice on the Twists.

7. Koman

Koman Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2010
    lv
    Yeah, great work!

8. DrewGrimey

DrewGrimey Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 10, 2012
    san jose
    Will these cause any damage to my 1000 mah ego c-twist batteries?

9. Subject:09141987

Subject:09141987 Full Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Earth
    Odd. I've bought two of them and both gave me nothing but troubles. The first one died in four days, and this one just keeps flooding the juice from the tank in. Poor vapor production' although the flavor is very clean. I get a constant gurgle, and I've tried hitting it several different ways. I have a 5 ml archemedes tank from madvapes that I really don't want to go to waste, but I'm also 2 for 2 on bad carts. :(

10. Koman

Jan 7, 2010
    lv
    Kgo is great, I've had it.

11. mmikee

mmikee Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 26, 2012
    st louis
    Of all the cartos I have tried on a mod, I like these the best. They are worth every penny to me. Crystal clear has them in a 3 box (of 5) deal for about $22. That's less than a buck fifty a piece. My wife still uses 900 mah batteries. These don't perform well at all on her bats. But they rock on my zmax.

12. d357r0

d357r0 Full Member Verified Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Oklahoma
    Enjoy mine on a simple ego twist with dc tank. Great Vape, Long Lasting if maintained. Just ordered some single coil's from IkenVape going to see how these work out in comparison!

13. garyd

garyd Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 11, 2010
    idaho
    These work great on the Vamo. I usually run them at 8-9 watts, tons of vapor, no burnt taste.

14. Stownz

Dec 29, 2010
    Guthrie, OK
    That burnt taste is why I started looking so hard for something else. If i never taste burnt tire again for the rest of my life, it will be too soon 8)

15. rebar

rebar Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 21, 2011
    iowa
    You still using these Stownz?

I was thinking about trying them on a VV passthru I built.

16. Stownz

Dec 29, 2010
    Guthrie, OK
    Yep still using them, but that initial 200 I bought from china is now all gone. Experiencing some quality control issues with some of the newer ones I have bought. I wish I would have bought more a long time ago before they went huge....

17. sandybeach

sandybeach Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 8, 2011
    Chicago
    I have boxes and boxes of brand new Smoketech dual coil cartomizers, and a bunch of tanks sitting unused. I never use them anymore.

18. Mudtoe

Mudtoe Full Member

Feb 15, 2013
    Houston
    Some of the earlier posts in this thread said not to use these with Ego batteries, then I saw other people saying they used them without problems. Does anyone have a definitive idea about if they will damage Ego 650's? Anyone had an Ego battery ruined by them? They seem to work well, I just hate to trash batteries if I don't have to, and I did have one foul up on me and just give off burning flavor despite being well filled.

19. mmikee

mmikee Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 26, 2012
    st louis
    I have to say, after using both Boge and Smok for about 6 months now, I actually now prefer the Boges. But I still really like the smoktech dual coils as well. The main thing I like better about the Smok is they are easier for me to fill.

20. Koman

Jan 7, 2010
    lv
    Yeah, they are the best. I agree!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.