The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

smoktech kick vs sigelei kick, which is better?

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion' started by goober, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MasterofNone

MasterofNone Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 2, 2013
    New York
    Maybe for you goober but for many they want something they can repair when something breaks and keep using forever. Not everyone just wants sub ohm. Now they can do regulated if they want, with a small now essential disposable drop in device. And if the zombie apocalypse ever happens, maybe you can't buy any more drop in electronics pieces when yours break, but you can always still use your elegant beautifully cobstructed mech mod. But you may be more concerned about whether your $300 lead pipe might be useful as a bludgeon against the horde ;)

2. stylezuk

stylezuk Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 16, 2013
    Rugby
    Very late to the party :D

Bad hit the hammer on the nail regarding protection also having a Mod that looks sweet and vapes constant from start to finish is a bonus, i'm using UDT-v9 with AGI v1 w/ Kick 2 and love the look v's the Vamo, THE UDT-v9 has class with hidden functionality :)

Sometimes it's good to wake the dead :banana:

3. tj99959

tj99959 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Many folks had really good mechanical PV's before regulated PV's ever hit the market, and didn't want to just toss them. The Kick gave them the means to turn their old mechanicals into regulated PV's.

then the sub ohm craze came along and changed everything, and mechanicals became the latest & greatest

4. oldjoe

oldjoe Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 5, 2011
    Il.
    Ditto! I had a perfectly good Bolt that sat unused after I went to a VV/VW Mod. The Kick brought it out of the drawer.

5. icemanistheking

icemanistheking Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 21, 2014
    Bella Vista, AR
    My SmokTech kick quit after 2 days lol...ordering the real thing from Evolv methinks

6. ModBox

ModBox Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 4, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Why does the kick only go to 15w when they have the DNA going to 30W. Some chinese ones going from 35-50w. The chinese should bring out a 30 or 50w kick. The kick 2 is so expensive for what it is.

7. Auto-Alex

Auto-Alex Senior Member Verified Member

Apr 24, 2014
    Baltimore,MD, USA
    Old thread but I recently got one of these but it's actually pretty terrible. Lots of sanding and it puts out 3.3v max as read with my handy dandy volt meter... Just glad I only spent $9. The voltage drop of my mech over the course of a kayfun tank is much better lol.

8. Ronald3638

Ronald3638 Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 16, 2013
    Zeeland, MI, USA
    A regular volt meter won't measure the kick voltage because it's a PWM device and I believe the smoktech version is the 33.3HZ chip.

That being said mine works so well in my Nemi I thought I would get "The Force" kick adapter which comes with a smoktech kick inside so I can use it on my magneto in 18650 mode.

When I tried the Kick in my magneto in 18350 mode it didn't work too well. I don't think it made as good a ground connection as it does on the Nemesis which works great in both 18350 and 18650 modes.

9. CMD-Ky

CMD-Ky Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    There you have it, straight from hazarada who resides in "buttville"; a fitting location.

10. Jarmstro

Jarmstro Full Member

Jul 15, 2014
    Torquay, England
    One thing to keep in mind is that the Evolve Kick 2 does not have reverse battery protection. The Segelei 15w Kick does have rbp and Is a quarter of the price. I use four Segelei 15w Kicks and love them. But the lifespan isn't too good. I get through one a month!!
    :)

11. Fullknight

Fullknight Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 1, 2012
    Oklahoma
    I have all three types all 3 brands work fine and are at least 8 months old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.