Status
Not open for further replies.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
LMAO! Let this be a warning. I decided to study how beer consumption influenced my vape testing. The results were inconclusive. At some point, I don't remember when, beer starts to look a lot like e-liquid and vise versa. YMMV, I know mine did.
It's the look of the used beer that you have to be concerned with.

MrEctions

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Clinton, NY
Well just submitted a ticket to Madvapes regarding my Vmax. Tonight for some reason I was vaping it and when I hit the button it flashed and went dead. First thing I thought was batteries, so switched em out, got the 1-9 startup numbers and then.....nothing. No menu, no nothing. Took the batteries out swapped in another set, and same exact thing. Looked down into the tube with the cap off and it smells burnt. Guessing something inside it fried. Its weird as I was using a 2.8ohm nova at 3.5 on the Vmax, so shouldnt have been an issue. Submitted a ticket for replacement, but thoping I can return it and pay the difference for a Zmax instead. If not its no biggie, but hoping they'll let me.

skipdashu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2011
Central Texas
Well just submitted a ticket to Madvapes regarding my Vmax. Tonight for some reason I was vaping it and when I hit the button it flashed and went dead. First thing I thought was batteries, so switched em out, got the 1-9 startup numbers and then.....nothing. No menu, no nothing. Took the batteries out swapped in another set, and same exact thing. Looked down into the tube with the cap off and it smells burnt. Guessing something inside it fried. Its weird as I was using a 2.8ohm nova at 3.5 on the Vmax, so shouldnt have been an issue. Submitted a ticket for replacement, but thoping I can return it and pay the difference for a Zmax instead. If not its no biggie, but hoping they'll let me.
Sounds like a shorted 510 connection. Happened to me also... The nova has a long center post and will find this flaw if it can. I'm told later ones have an improved/fatter insulator in the connection.

MrEctions

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Clinton, NY
Sounds like a shorted 510 connection. Happened to me also... The nova has a long center post and will find this flaw if it can. I'm told later ones have an improved/fatter insulator in the connection.

Good to know. Luckily I have enough other backup devices to get by for now, but Im definitely already missing my Vmax......

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
So, what seems to be the most durable finish to purchase. Looks like I'm getting a SS Zmax and a Vmax as well. Thinking about going with a black Vmax to give me some contrast between the two. Unfortunately, I came late to the party and don't have time to read through almost 350 pages, lol

The stainless is super durable but the black isn't bad as long as you don't put it in your pocket with keys.

VAPNJ350

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Jacksonville,FL.
I posted this earlier but I want to make sure everyone has seen it, understands it, and from here out gets and uses accurate and correct descriptions and information.

Ok folks, this is a topic I would really like everyone to pay attention to. As a EE myself I've been saying this all along from the start but I feel it's past time for everyone to get on the same page with this.

EVERYONE PLEASE WATCH THIS VIDEO AND PAY VERY CLOSE ATTENTION AND MORE-SO....FORGET EVERYTHING YOU 'THINK' YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SUBJECT.

Link :

http://www.vapersforum.com/showthre...ion-Reviewers-and-Pulse-Width-Modulation-mods

This link was forwarded to me from scotay87. Thank you scotay.

DKS-1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2011
VA/NC and NLV Land
The stainless is super durable but the black isn't bad as long as you don't put it in your pocket with keys.

Thanks for the reply!! I really wanted Chrome, but the deal on the Z is only in SS. I'm trying to convince myself that it's for the best since the SS "should" be more durable than chrome, lol I figure I don't need 2 shiny ones, so I guess I'll go black for the V.

This is a really great thread guys, lots of good info. Back to reading, lol

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
VAPNJ350 sir have to disagree somewhat with that thread. A certain mod uses PWM that can be measured with a multimeter without issue. My motherboard on my computer uses PWM as well, yet can read the voltage accurately with a multimeter again without issue. What comes into play is how the PWM is utilized (which a poster brought up in that thread).

I like both my vmax and zmax, but the scope even shows they're inaccurate and have very high (not to mention low) voltage spikes with off averages. If in a 10 second burst the avg. is 5.33v, and it's set to 5.1v, then the measurement is off. This isn't an issue to most, most don't care if it's accurate just that when they turn up the voltage/wattage they get more vapor production, throat hit, etc. What it affects are mods that are accurate then get the moniker they don't hit as hard as vmax or zmax at the same setting, because at 5.1v they're actually delivering 5.1v.

VAPNJ350

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Jacksonville,FL.
A multi-meter can read PWM, I don't believe I said it couldn't. The inline voltage meters that madvapes and other vendors sale cannot read PWM. But now a person has developed a inline meter that can read Vrms, which is what's needed to get some better numbers than what we've been depending on. But you are correct, multimeters can read PWM...I have found that some of the cheaper MM do have a hard time sometimes picking it up though. Non-digital type cheapo's. The ones no one use anymore but for some reason they still sale them.

Modnar

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2012
Denmark
www.octopusecig.com
This is getting ridiculous...

My replacement vmax just got fried after beeing used just a couple of days. (second time in 2 weeks. 4th dead SS vmax in total)

Im damn close to cancel my Zmax order...

My Vmax will still fire if I hold the fire button while I screw the mizers on. If I put a mizer on, and then hit the fire button, i'll get an F1 error every damn time...

The tubes smells burned all over again...

I only used a carto tank on there, so there's no way I screwed in on too tight.

This is ....ing ridiculous :(

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia
This is getting ridiculous...

My replacement vmax just got fried after beeing used just a couple of days. (second time in 2 weeks. 4th dead SS vmax in total)

Im damn close to cancel my Zmax order...

My Vmax will still fire if I hold the fire button while I screw the mizers on. If I put a mizer on, and then hit the fire button, i'll get an F1 error every damn time...

The tubes smells burned all over again...

I only used a carto tank on there, so there's no way I screwed in on too tight.

This is ....ing ridiculous :(

If it still fires It's not the VMax it's the atty/center pin causing the problems. Seems like the VMax doesn't have good enough protection for shorts caused by center pin issues as this is prob what happend to most to all people that killed thier VMax.

Last edited:

Modnar

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2012
Denmark
www.octopusecig.com
If it still fires It's not the VMax it's the atty/center pin causing the problems. Seems like the VMax doesn't have good enough protection for shorts caused by center pin issues as this is prob what happend to most to all people that killed thier VMax.

Its doing it with every single atty/carto/clearo I have (I have tried atleast 20 different ones, and all of them with the same result)

The tube got hot as hell this morning and is smelling like burned plastic now...

I picked up the vmax from the table and burned my hand on the tube, and since then it's been giving me the F1 error constantly.

Lava_Man

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
MA
probably not the ideal place to ask this, but im at a loss as to where to ask... 1st of all, i just got a vivi nova and im having issues with my vmax ( at 3.7 on a 2.8ohm head- i get flavor and vapor, but not much TH ) ? much higher than that i get a burnt taste....

but more importantly, i just got my mom vaping ( almost 2 weeks now and she has severly cut down on analogs ) she has an ego, and started on stardust tanks, i just had her order a vivi nova, and she likes it, but she's asking if she can get a flat ( black and mild style tip ) drip tip for her nova ( like what comes on some stardust's ) i've looked and looked and cant find any that match, all i've found were a wider-flat style, she wants the skinny-flat...any links?

i'm just trying to do whatever to keep her beginning to vaping as enjoyable and as easy as it can be

Thank-you in advance

TBinAZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2012
Mesa
Are the Vivi heads stock? The coils are rather tight, which make the vape a bit 'off and on'. Are you talking about the small rubber whistle tips for you Mom?

probably not the ideal place to ask this, but im at a loss as to where to ask... 1st of all, i just got a vivi nova and im having issues with my vmax ( at 3.7 on a 2.8ohm head- i get flavor and vapor, but not much TH ) ? much higher than that i get a burnt taste....

but more importantly, i just got my mom vaping ( almost 2 weeks now and she has severly cut down on analogs ) she has an ego, and started on stardust tanks, i just had her order a vivi nova, and she likes it, but she's asking if she can get a flat ( black and mild style tip ) drip tip for her nova ( like what comes on some stardust's ) i've looked and looked and cant find any that match, all i've found were a wider-flat style, she wants the skinny-flat...any links?

i'm just trying to do whatever to keep her beginning to vaping as enjoyable and as easy as it can be

Thank-you in advance

Lava_Man

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
MA
Are the Vivi heads stock? The coils are rather tight, which make the vape a bit 'off and on'. Are you talking about the small rubber whistle tips for you Mom?

she wants the same exact type of tip that comes with a stardust ( problem is, it screws on ) pretty much it would be akin to a black and mild cigar tip - hard plastic

i guess it could be considered a "whistle tip " as the dimensions would be alike

TBinAZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2012
Mesa
I think I know what you mean. Look for a 510 Ming drip tip. If she doesn't like that, then I have no idea what you're asking. lol

she wants the same exact type of tip that comes with a stardust ( problem is, it screws on ) pretty much it would be akin to a black and mild cigar tip - hard plastic

i guess it could be considered a "whistle tip " as the dimensions would be alike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread