Status
Not open for further replies.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
Did you check this on a scope or a meter? I'm still looking for a scope to borrow, but the problem is that a true rms meter will show dc voltages even if it's a pwm device. I believe the constant push would have to be around 4v or less on this circuit, the way that I understand it to be laid out. I think at the higher end the pwm just reaches a high enough frequency that most non-rms meters will pick up a dc voltage off the duty cycle. I have yet to prove this theory though, of course. Perhaps someone with a scope will post.

I did it with a cheapie meter. I did just get an RMS meter. I might try the same experiment with it.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I got one in yesterday and have been using it since. I'm very pleased with it. It's 100% plastic, so I wouldn't recommend dropping it, stepping on it, throwing it across the room, etc.. But the vape quality is clearly top-notch.

I don't care much about the accuracy thing, myself. What I do know is that if I set it at around 80% of ProVari, I get the vape I'm looking for. For example, if my ProVari is at 4.2v, then 3.4v on the Gripper comes out to be just about perfect. Not only don't I know why that is the case, to be honest, I don't really care. I just want to know how to get there; and I do (know...).

It's lightweight, portable and provides an excellent vape. I know I could have gotten for a few dollars cheaper, but the $49.99 that I spent at Discount Vapers was, in my opinion, money well spent.

Just one more opinion in a sea of them.

Nurzrachit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2011
Gray,GA.
I got one in yesterday and have been using it since. I'm very pleased with it. It's 100% plastic, so I wouldn't recommend dropping it, stepping on it, throwing it across the room, etc.. But the vape quality is clearly top-notch.

I don't care much about the accuracy thing, myself.

It's lightweight, portable and provides an excellent vape..
.[/I]

I second that, seat of the pants performance is excellent. It is quite plastic, and not terribly sturdy. the ohm checker was worth the money alone for rebuildables. Good buy.

SpicyMcHaggis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Hamilton Ohio
Got mine today. Nice lil powerhouse. It's not something you want to toss around and I can see where you need to be careful with the latch. For $50 it's a nice device and very pocket friendly. The ohm checker doesn't coincide with my Vari, it seems to be off a tenth or two. And like some have mentioned, if you like to vape at 4 volts you will probably back that off some, it seems to vape hotter than the setting.

rdbeads

Jun 17, 2012
oregon
I spilled juice on mine twice. Because of my stupidity, the button doesn't always fire. I would love directions of moving it to a different box. I never really liked the button much anyway. It would be great to hook up a different button. I don't want to open up the case because I doubt it would go back together.

Why would you want a different battery?

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
Oops, you're right, sorry about that. I updated it :) But yes, the button is a bit iffy as well. Would also have been cool to have an ego connection on it, as I was going to try a flavor at my local shop on an ego tank they had for sampling and realized it wouldn't fit lol. I know they have adapters, just woulda been cool to have the larger threads already in place.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I'll admit that I'm treating it with extreme caution. I purchased it to serve a very specific purpose come mid-October. Therefore it's essential to me that it survives a month or two. If I get what I need from it, I'll have gotten my money's worth. In the meantime, I'm very satisfied with its power & vape.

JonnyRoBato

Verified Member
Sep 18, 2012
Idaho
I thought I would share an update on this device after having abused it for the last couple of months....lol. The SMOKtech VV Gripper has been a great mod and creates clouds of vapor similar to the Vmax I had for a while, however there are some cons to this mod. The first issue is the battery door, my tab cracked in the first week of normal use with no accidents. But, then I dropped it several times on the hard wood floor and on some asphalt and that broke the door permanently. I now use a rubber band wrapped around my mod to hold the door shut. :) Then I drop kicked my gripper on accident while walking to work. It bounced off of a parked car and landed in the gutter, in pieces. :( So, I tore the case all the way apart, it was glued together, and reseated all the components. Then I used electrical tape to hold the case together, that was all I had at work. So now it is a Frankenstein of a mod but still hits like a train....lol.

So, the mod is not well built but cheap. I am glad I bought this instead of a more expensive mod. I am glad it is built the way it is as it allows for repair. I figure if I beat the case up too much, I can put the guts in something else and keep on vaping. :) I have had more spendy mods that have lasted longer but like this cheap plastic box the best, go figure. I have super glued and broken the 510 connector loose several times.....lol. But for the price, this is the best mod for me to abuse and rebuild as needed. Just wanted to share my experience. Thanks for listening.

Using EH 2000mAH button top batts from madvapes and they fit fine and last a couple of days. Also the vivi nova tank with my own wrapped coils at various ohms works great. As well as the mini vivi. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread