Status
Not open for further replies.

schuff

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2013
Dickson, TN
You figure out how to disassemble the switch yet? The contact pin doesn't seem to screw off easily. (If it does screw off at all?)

The contact pin doesn't turn. It is held into place by a retaining snap ring. That keeps your button from coming loose by twisting it on and off. All to have to do is remove the ring and the whole button is disassembled.

schuff

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2013
Dickson, TN
i really want one of these but is it possible at all to upgrade the spring to magnet? I wish the button was full copper as well.

Of course it is possible to switch to magnets. I just looked and the magnets are going to need to be disk magnets slightly smaller than those on a chi you. I will see if I can find the perfect size but magnets in this one might be a downgrade. The spring is stiff but never gets turned sideways or grindy as it is.

MFD00M

Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
San Diego, CA
I ordered a SS one when they were in stock on the vapor lair site. My tracking said "Delivered" and there was nothing in my mail box but a couple envelopes and some junk mail. I saw the mail man filling all the mail boxes asked him for my mail, he said he can't until he's done. Now nothing. USPS screwed me and now I'm out $120 and a mod that is now sold out. :( :( :(

Any advice on what I can do? I filed a complaint with my post office but they wont even respond for at least 48hrs. I doubt the Vapor Lair would want to send me another even if they were in stock. This sucks.

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
I ordered a SS one when they were in stock on the vapor lair site. My tracking said "Delivered" and there was nothing in my mail box but a couple envelopes and some junk mail. I saw the mail man filling all the mail boxes asked him for my mail, he said he can't until he's done. Now nothing. USPS screwed me and now I'm out $120 and a mod that is now sold out. :( :( :(

Any advice on what I can do? I filed a complaint with my post office but they wont even respond for at least 48hrs. I doubt the Vapor Lair would want to send me another even if they were in stock. This sucks.

Are you at a house? Or do you have a PO box? If house, then check EVERYWHERE....I know my mailman can be sneaky sometimes and leave stuff in places where you wouldn't think to look.....If it says "Delivered" then it had to have been scanned at/around your house.....

Good luck buddy!! And I like your screen name!! MF Doom rules!! :)

MFD00M

Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
San Diego, CA
Are you at a house? Or do you have a PO box? If house, then check EVERYWHERE....I know my mailman can be sneaky sometimes and leave stuff in places where you wouldn't think to look.....If it says "Delivered" then it had to have been scanned at/around your house.....

Good luck buddy!! And I like your screen name!! MF Doom rules!! :)

Thanks!

Apartment complex, so there was maybe 40 mail boxes he was filling. They usually leave a key in my mailbox and leave the box in a larger locked storage bin. Nothing. No box, no key. My hunch is he put the key in the wrong persons mail box. I don't trust my neighbors to be honest and return it to me but i guess i can hope. I better not catch anyone in my building vaping a SS SMPL mod.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014

It's likely still at the post office and will be delivered tomorrow. "Delivered", from my recent experience, can mean it was delivered to your local post office, and not yet to your residence. Depending on what time it was "Delivered" dictates whether or not you'll get it that day or the next. Don't freak out just yet.

MFD00M

Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
San Diego, CA
It's likely still at the post office and will be delivered tomorrow. "Delivered", from my recent experience, can mean it was delivered to your local post office, and not yet to your residence. Depending on what time it was "Delivered" dictates whether or not you'll get it that day or the next. Don't freak out just yet.

Thanks that makes me feel a little better. Only thing that threw me off was that it initially said "out for delivery" but i went and checked anyway since he was in the process of filling all the mail boxes. After he shoo'd me away, I went back a couple hours later when the tracking was updated to "Delivered" and nothing.

Binigo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
California
Thanks that makes me feel a little better. Only thing that threw me off was that it initially said "out for delivery" but i went and checked anyway since he was in the process of filling all the mail boxes. After he shoo'd me away, I went back a couple hours later when the tracking was updated to "Delivered" and nothing.

If you paid with a credit card, you could charge back. Although that would be unfair to TheVaporLair, you didn't receive the product and considering USPS just lost over $2 billion I doubt they'll do much for you. I would exhaust all other options before doing this but paying $120's for receiving nothing is a burn.

MFD00M

Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
San Diego, CA
If you paid with a credit card, you could charge back. Although that would be unfair to TheVaporLair, you didn't receive the product and considering USPS just lost over $2 billion I doubt they'll do much for you. I would exhaust all other options before doing this but paying $120's for receiving nothing is a burn.

Yeah, I wouldn't want to burn the vapor lair for this. They did nothing wrong. In fact that was the only pleasant part of this transaction. They gave a heads up of when the mod would go on sale and it shipped same day and I would have gotten it in 3 days, assuming I actually received it yesterday.

No wonder why the USPS is hemorrhaging $. My local post office hasn't even bothered answering their phone all day today. I did find a phone # for customer service who then filed a complaint for me, but she said they (local office) has 48hrs to respond.

I'm just crossing my fingers @inswva is right.

schuff

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2013
Dickson, TN
Thanks!

Apartment complex, so there was maybe 40 mail boxes he was filling. They usually leave a key in my mailbox and leave the box in a larger locked storage bin. Nothing. No box, no key. My hunch is he put the key in the wrong persons mail box. I don't trust my neighbors to be honest and return it to me but i guess i can hope. I better not catch anyone in my building vaping a SS SMPL mod.

I don't know how big your mail box is but the SMPL doesn't come in a box. Mine was just a priority mail envelope with the mod inside a plastic tube that was bubble wrapped. Unless you got a ton if mail that day it should fit in the box.

MFD00M

Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
San Diego, CA
I don't know how big your mail box is but the SMPL doesn't come in a box. Mine was just a priority mail envelope with the mod inside a plastic tube that was bubble wrapped. Unless you got a ton if mail that day it should fit in the box.
Yeah that definitely would fit in my mailbox then. I only had 2 envelopes and some junk mail in there. :(

MFD00M

Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
San Diego, CA
from where did you order the device?
The Vapor Lair

Post office doesn't give a rip. I filed a case with the post office. I asked the front desk lady what happens with the complaints and she shook her head said "nothing really", we'll ask the driver if he remembers what happened to it.

The Vopor Lair said, sorry not our fault. Which is true, but it sucks. They offered me 20% off if I wanted to buy another.

So frustrated...worst part is no one seems to care.

mikeylab

Jun 3, 2014
All Around
The Vapor Lair

Post office doesn't give a rip. I filed a case with the post office. I asked the front desk lady what happens with the complaints and she shook her head said "nothing really", we'll ask the driver if he remembers what happened to it.

The Vopor Lair said, sorry not our fault. Which is true, but it sucks. They offered me 20% off if I wanted to buy another.

So frustrated...worst part is no one seems to care.

man that sucks- i'm sorry to hear about that! I would call your credit card co. or bank and see what they can do for you. i guess that the vapor lair didn't send it insured. it cost like a dollar extra to send it with 100 insurance. i'm not the biggest fan of the that shop, truth be told. that is why i'm standing pat on one smpl mod for the time being.

Huh?!

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Houston
Brotha, I feel for ya. Had the same thing re post office happen to me with $75 worth of vape mail. Tracking said delivered but nothing my mail box or front office. Talked to local post office numerous times but kept getting the run around. They kept telling me "the driver remembers delivering it." So I asked "did he deliver to my mailbox or front office?" Talk about dead silence on the other end...

Learned my lesson so I now have things delivered to my work because my mail room signs for everything. If no signature, post office can't claim they delivered it.

Truly sorry for the loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread