Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Arizona
There is a bit of interest in this clone, my self included, and like someone mentioned, it is disrespectful to keep bringing it up in the authentic thread. I just purchased the SS AMOD version from Eciggity, to go with my SS MXv2 I received today.

It isn't a 1:1, but it obviously is a copy, and a pretty good one from the looks of it. How much is there really to copy to be honest. There seems to be at least a couple copies out there though, the AMOD and another direct 1:1 that actually is not a solid tube, as I saw pointed out in the authentic thread. I have not received my AMOD version yet, but it states a solid tube and AMOD is getting known for quality copies. If anyone has any proof to the contrary I would be interested in seeing it.

Anyway, this will be my first mech, I really like the simplicity of the design.

Infinite version

Last edited:

duc916

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Nor Cal
Froth said that on his seamless clone, he used a heavy-ish drill bit (1/2" I think), let it free fall internally with the mod upside-down and it was enough to pop his off. I'm reluctant to do it to mine until I have an authentic in hand (waiting til some time next year), as I don't want induce more Vd any sooner than I have to. I won't object if you do it to yours though. ;)

RandyF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Arizona
Froth said that on his seamless clone, he used a heavy-ish drill bit (1/2" I think), let it free fall internally with the mod upside-down and it was enough to pop his off. I'm reluctant to do it to mine until I have an authentic in hand (waiting til some time next year), as I don't want induce more Vd any sooner than I have to. I won't object if you do it to yours though. ;)

That was with the 1:1 clone though, with the Epic logo wasn't it? AMOD copied the design, but puts his own branding. Hopefully his is a solid piece.

readeuler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2014
Ohio, USA
I got one from Fasttech, the most expensive (by a couple dozen cents) copper one they have, 20.86 or something.

I'm in love with the mod, but I'm not too pleased with the quality. There was quite a bit of cleaning up to do with the threads, a few copper "sprigs" attached. The top came pretty dirty, and I haven't yet polished it.

It's my 2nd mech and first copper mod, so I have yet to get the supplies for cleaning/polishing, but I looks pretty rough on top. I can't tell if it's dirty/oxidized or if I've also identified the seam.

Either way, it works like a dream, and I absolutely love it. It doesn't seem to live up to the quality I've seen posted by others on Fasttech appearance-wise, which is really a cosmetic gripe, at this point. And my only gripe :)

I didn't want to comment on the authentic thread, so cheers for creating this one.

Derrick Wang

Dec 2, 2014
Just got my SXK SS clone in the mail. VD is .2V less than my nemesis clone, with a .5 drop on a .09ohm build.
I do like the functionality of this with not having to deal with a locking ring. The groove where the coin slot is located is a little sharp so I'll have to file it a little. I do think it's a pressed in top from the outside, you wouldn't ever be able to tell but there is a noticeable seam on the inside. Overall, satisfied purchase.

SMPL.jpg

Confuzzled1969

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2014
Gotebo OK
I just received a copper AMOD SMPL clone today... I love it!!!
I just checked it real close and if it isn't one solid tube, it is incredibly well matched.... In fact, I would venture to say it would be harder, and thus more expensive to match the pieces than to machine it out of one piece, but I am not a machinist.

I will be getting more of these, at least one of each finish and color... It is the perfect blend of simplicity and function.

Very happy with this mod...

johndoe1027

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2014
NC, USA
I'm loving my SMPL. I threw my Atlantis on it first and the atty leaned noticeably. Tried the same atty on my stingray mod, no noticeable lean but when it put the Atlantis back on the SMPL it didn't lean nearly as bad. Go figure.

Anyway, I love this mod. I'll have a SS one someday. It feels great in my hand and not having to worry with a lock out is just beautiful. The button feels WAY better than my Tobeco Stingray X clone. Plus I don't know how a smaller 18650 mod could be made.

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
Yeah, I'm happy with my infinite 4nine ss clone for the same reasons... Small, no locking ring, solid little mod! I like the looks of the smpl and the fact the switch is on piece instead of constantly having to attach a magnet to the bottom of my battery. Also I bet smpl has less voltage drop because it's not closing the circuit with a magnet... Which I imagine is not as conductive as whatever is in the smpl switch. ... I'll get one some day :)

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

k5blazer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2010
Fredericksburg, VA
Just received one in today's mail.
Picked up the 20$ clone from Custom Mod Creation.

$16 shipped using code wow30sm. Don't know if the code is still valid at this time.

SMPL does indeed stand for simple. So far so sweet with the Igo-L, makes for small device!

Just picked this one up from CMC myself. Had it a couple days now and really like it. Pretty sure I'll be getting another at some point. Probably the copper one.

RandyF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Arizona
Button is a tad crunchy, but it's already starting to loosen up.

I have the AMOD version and the button wasn't completely smooth at first either, wasn't bad, but wasn't ideal. It has smoothed out with use though. I just ordered a SS Lemo Drop to put on top of it, which should make for a nice compact "out and about" set-up.

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
I have the AMOD version and the button wasn't completely smooth at first either, wasn't bad, but wasn't ideal. It has smoothed out with use though. I just ordered a SS Lemo Drop to put on top of it, which should make for a nice compact "out and about" set-up.
The Lemo being 23mm looks a little out of place on the 22mm SMPL because of the overhang from my experiences, though that may not be something that bothers you.

RandyF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Arizona
The Lemo being 23mm looks a little out of place on the 22mm SMPL because of the overhang from my experiences, though that may not be something that bothers you.

Yeah, But it is only a .5mm overhang, it would be hard to notice unless you are holding it in your hand. I looked at how bad it would be with a full size Lemo I have and it was passable, I agree though, it would be ideal if it was 22mm as well.

Anyone wanting to put their Lemo on a hybrid style mech though, don't forget to bring that center pin down, it is recessed by default.

Reactions: mamabear15
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread