So...anyone here have the tools and skills to convert a Cyclone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cliven

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
UT
I think it was Indy Vapes or something like that has the insulators.
Awesome job!

I got a BF from somewhere and it has a Vicious Ant on the bottom like yours. The one I got from Vapers Vault does not. Would it still be authentic? It looks identical other than it is TF.

Edit: Where do I send my TF's for modification...;)

Last edited:

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Awesome job!

I got a BF from somewhere and it has a Vicious Ant on the bottom like yours. The one I got from Vapers Vault does not. Would it still be authentic? It looks identical other than it is TF.

Thanks for the info, I'll check them out.

Not sure about the non VA printed deck, all 3 of mine (1-BF from MOV, 1-BF from Vintage Vapors and 1 formerly TF from ECigz.UK) have Vicious Ant on the bottom. I just ordered another from Vapers Vault so we'll see when it comes in.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
Awesome job!

I'm afraid that would be a clone... I have 5 cyclones 2tf and 3bf and all of them have "Vicious Ant" etched into the bottom. Mine came from MOV, cigatec (France), intaste(Germany).

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I bought 3 from Indy vape shop a while back and they don't have the Vicious Ant on the bottom either. I'm going to check with VA to see if their legit :)

I have two cyclones and a Divo : no engraving on the bases.

Cheers
I

ETA: SXD; Up early or out late?

Last edited:

Cyrus Vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Bay Area, California
Great work B2L, you've inspired me. My cyclones from the Vaper's Vault don't have the Vicious Ant inscription on the bottom either, but there's nothing else about them that says "clone" to me. Granted I don't have a known authentic to compare to, but you know what I mean.

And also, as much as I love my VV grand, its time for a LP Grand. Now to get neurotic about colors and finishes for an undetermined stretch of time before pulling the trigger...

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
Justin from Vicious Ant just confirmed that my cyclones are authentic. He had me post pics just now on their FB group. He stated that the first run didn't have engraving. :)

Thanks. You really had me wondering since the three I bought from indyvapes all have the engraving. And with so little coffee in me, I was getting more confused than usual in my normal morning fog.

Meanwhile, since I munged the 510 thread when trying to mod my Cyclone, I'm ordering a 7mm X .5 die to see if I can at least get it back in operation. We'll see if I feel like trying again after that.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Great work B2L, you've inspired me. My cyclones from the Vaper's Vault don't have the Vicious Ant inscription on the bottom either, but there's nothing else about them that says "clone" to me. Granted I don't have a known authentic to compare to, but you know what I mean.

And also, as much as I love my VV grand, its time for a LP Grand. Now to get neurotic about colors and finishes for an undetermined stretch of time before pulling the trigger...

Glad you got some inspiration :)

On the clone question, the only clone I am aware of is the SmokTech Scar and it is very obviously different. The posts are brass, the hex screws are black, the shape is a little different and the base is just slightly wider so that a VA cap will not fit.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
A couple of comparison pics, Scar on the left and Cyclone on the right. These are ones I have converted so the holes are a little off center on both.

Photobucket is giving me a migraine, if the pics are upside down the VA is on the left and the Scar on the right. I need to try TinyPic.

Last edited:

Cliven

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
UT
My first attempt at converting a Cyclone TF into a BF and it works great! It squonks and drains perfectly.

To start, my post was threaded into the insulator. I used a screwdriver to twist it out of the insulator until it wouldn't come out anymore then popped it out from the top. I then held the top of the post with some vice grips and dremeled a groove into the side of the post and into the slotted head. I then pushed it back into the insulator/base and screwed it back into the insulator. Done. I'm sure that you can probably pop the whole post with insulator out at once but this seemed easier for me. Not too bad for a $36 TF into a BF in minutes! My search for the Cyclone BF is over now as I have one BF, one converted to BF and one more TF to convert.

Now for Monday to come so I can get my new LP and try out the AFC caps I got.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Dconnor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2013
Las Vegas
My first attempt at converting a Cyclone TF into a BF and it works great! It squonks and drains perfectly.

To start, my post was threaded into the insulator. I used a screwdriver to twist it out of the insulator until it wouldn't come out anymore then popped it out from the top. I then held the top of the post with some vice grips and dremeled a groove into the side of the post and into the slotted head. I then pushed it back into the insulator/base and screwed it back into the insulator. Done. I'm sure that you can probably pop the whole post with insulator out at once but this seemed easier for me. Not too bad for a $36 TF into a BF in minutes! My search for the Cyclone BF is over now as I have one BF, one converted to BF and one more TF to convert.

Now for Monday to come so I can get my new LP and try out the AFC caps I got.

View attachment 337063
View attachment 337064
View attachment 337065

I found a Cyclone with AFC cap, std cap, and fusion drip tip at a B&M here in town. It was a top feed but I have modded about 10 others and figured I would give it a shot.

Used Cliven's method above (thank you!) and was able to get it done in about 30 minutes. I will say it was the toughest mod I have done. I would not advise this as someone's first bf mod. Now that it is done. Loving it!
ytasygy2.jpg

Last edited:

Cyrus Vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Bay Area, California
So I did the cyclone today, pretty darn easy

After mangling my EH Pro Atomic clone the other day I decided to use the insulator method. I screwed the atomizer onto a 510 connector (the Natural Mech) and tapped out the post and insulator together with a punch and intervening cardboard. I had soaked the atty in really hot water before doing this and the insulator got stuck onto the post, so I just left it in place and cut a slit through. I didn't see any adhesive material on the outside or inside of the insulator which is good, because I was worried about squonking through that nasty crap. Pressed it back in and it squonks and drains easier than my bf ERA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread