So my mom thinks my e cig...

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
...looks like a (OTHER STUFF) pipe! Especially the mvp with the mega aerotank. She was very embarrassed that I was using it outside a restaurant yesterday while we were waiting for the rest of our party to arrive.

She wants me to get a cigalike. I said no way!

I think I should get a mech mod that looks like a pipe bomb just to really freak her out!

Last edited by a moderator:

gousooners18

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Sioux Falls
Thats funny, my mom saw me using a twist with a little tank on it and asked to try it. She said she wanted to get one and she hasn't smoked in quite a while. She thinks they are neat and took a few pulls off my dna30 w/ rda the other day. Maybe your mother will get used to it as they gain more traction nationally.

RaceGun59

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
Owensboro, KY
...looks like a (OTHER STUFF) pipe! Especially the mvp with the mega aerotank. She was very embarrassed that I was using it outside a restaurant yesterday while we were waiting for the rest of our party to arrive.

I think I should get a mech mod that looks like a pipe bomb just to really freak her out!

Get one of these and see what she says.

Cool Fire II

built4feel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2014
South Central PA, USA
This thread may be against forum rules....

10. a. "Discussion or mention of illegal/illicit drugs or sexual content."

Just saying...
I do get that comment a lot though. Not from my mom, but a lot of uninformed people. I try to educate them a little, letting them know "cigalikes" are pretty much like matchbox cars nowadays...

Beau

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Omaha, NE
www.nicoticket.com

My dad gave me the same exact line! Ha just old fashioned people stuck in their ways. I'm pushing to get him to just try them out to get him off the stinky sticks, but that seems like an uphill battle that I won't win :glare:

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
I mentioned that one to keep smilin' this morning.

Oops, I didn't mean to break any forum rules. I am wondering though if this happens to other people? Have any of you been pulled over by the police?

A pal from here (ECF) who lives in CO was vaping with his windows closed so his car looked completely smoked out. He was pulled over and when he rolled down his window he said it was like a scene from a Cheech and Chong movie. :headbang:

The cop said, "You know, you are not allowed to smoke that and drive..." My pal had a huge tube mod with a Castle atty he held up to the cop and explained all about vaping. The cop then kept him there for a long while getting as much info as he could, even trying the vape and left without giving a ticket as he was a smoker desperate to quit. :laugh:

And people who have never seen me vape or my gear all go, "What is that...???" :blink: and I explain about vaping and they all breath a sigh of relief as they assume it's for the other stuff as CO just made that legal...:facepalm:

stillnotsmoking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
GA, USA
As far as the cops...
...I've been pulled over a few times this year for non moving violations and went through quite a few checkpoints because I work nights/weekends and they ALWAYS notice immediately my mod and ask "what is that ya got there" etc. The last time I was asked about it the cop asked to see the mod and proceeded to take a whiff in the drip tip...I'm assuming to see if he could smell an illicit substance. Other than that, no issues from the police. They're generally clueless as to what it is until I tell them. I usually offer to demonstrate because they give me that look of "Never seen an ecig like that before"

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
If this is what my mom thinks though, does everyone else who sees us think the same thing? Do I need a crummy blu for public use? Or just not vape in public? She was sure the police would show up any second.

Naw, it is becoming more widespread. My hubby says that most of the smokers from his building are now vaping. He waved at them once to be supportive and one guy with a Reo came over ready to start a huge debate and my hubby cut off his tirade before he could get going by saying, "Hey, is that a Reo? Nice drip tip!" The guy was stopped in his tracks for a moment then said, "...erm.....yeah! Do you vape?" And my husband told him about me and how I was over a year smober and they were fascinated that not only he was supportive but didn't mind chatting to them as they vaped. :lol:

kinggirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Dallas
<ahem>

I edited since the SA didn't :facepalm:

Careful please :)

/me Waves Hello !!!

I wish classwife was a full time moderator in my LIFE! Seriously...it would be awesome if she could pop in when some of my hard to manage adult customers were on the phone. Or when I'm responding to a snide/snippy email from someone that I have to bite my tongue on. :) She's always so kind about it. Big time respect!

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
I wish classwife was a full time moderator in my LIFE! Seriously...it would be awesome if she could pop in when some of my hard to manage adult customers were on the phone. Or when I'm responding to a snide/snippy email from someone that I have to bite my tongue on. :) She's always so kind about it. Big time respect!

Agreed, she is awesome! :thumb:

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
She even called me again today about it :unsure: I keep trying to tell her that really, I have pretty basic equipment but she says no one else has an e cig that looks anything like that.

Its getting pretty annoying. I thought she would be glad I finally quit smoking but apparently smoking was less embarassing to her than vaping. Or, I should say she was happy I quit until she actually saw my e cigs.

I've never used any kind of (other stuff) in my life.

gopher_byrd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2013
Peoples Republic of California
If this is what my mom thinks though, does everyone else who sees us think the same thing? Do I need a crummy blu for public use? Or just not vape in public? She was sure the police would show up any second.

I travel a lot for work and go through TSA regularly with 2 REOs, a ProVari with a KFL+, a DNA30 with a Russian, and 2 mechs in my backpack. Not a peep from them. When I'm out and about I openly vape outside. I figure I'm not smoking cigarettes and my devices will not give the impression that they are cigarettes. If anyone asks I tell them that I have been tobacco free for 8 months now and have had some smokers ask about e-cigs. I've actually gotten more crap when I was still smoking cigarettes.

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
I travel a lot for work and go through TSA regularly with 2 REOs, a ProVari with a KFL+, a DNA30 with a Russian, and 2 mechs in my backpack. Not a peep from them. When I'm out and about I openly vape outside. I figure I'm not smoking cigarettes and my devices will not give the impression that they are cigarettes. If anyone asks I tell them that I have been tobacco free for 8 months now and have had some smokers ask about e-cigs. I've actually gotten more crap when I was still smoking cigarettes.

In CO I get ranted at since "vaping will KILL you!!! What are you doing??!!?? Smoking is SO much better for you than VAPING!!!!!" My favorite retort is, "Every time you are at a performance that uses fog effects or any time you buy a fog machine for your kids at Halloween you are breathing the same stuff I'm using to vape. The. exact. same. thing...would you rather those fog effects were made with cigarettes?" Then I pull up article after article on my phone showing how much less dangerous vaping is over smoking and then they are so confused. I mean, what? The news LIED to them??? :facepalm:

gopher_byrd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2013
Peoples Republic of California
In CO I get ranted at since "vaping will KILL you!!! What are you doing??!!?? Smoking is SO much better for you than VAPING!!!!!" My favorite retort is, "Every time you are at a performance that uses fog effects or any time you buy a fog machine for your kids at Halloween you are breathing the same stuff I'm using to vape. The. exact. same. thing...would you rather those fog effects were made with cigarettes?" Then I pull up article after article on my phone showing how much less dangerous vaping is over smoking and then they are so confused. I mean, what? The news LIED to them??? :facepalm:

Me thinks they have been using too much of that newly legalized substance and are literally in a Rocky Mountain High...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread