So what does everyone do for a living?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a registered nurse working with psychiatrically and emotionally challenged children and adolescents in a placement group home setting. I'm also so new to vaping that I'm expecting my starter kit to arrive this week. I don't plan on ever vaping on the unit around the residents, just as I don't smoke analogs there now. But I'm very much looking forward to vaping in my office instead of driving around wasting gas, and then having to mask the smell before going back to set a healthy example for the kids.

MrT0ad

Nov 28, 2010
Eastbourne, UK
soldier us army. i vape here at work sometimes well most of the time saves me from going out in the heat during the day in afghanistan plus with all the sand in the air vaping helps me breath alot better then a regular cig.

Vape On

Do you find it a bit of a chore to get supplies there? Or you took enough with you to last for the entire deployment?

Kpoc

Jun 2, 2011
KY
I am an AH64-D pilot here in Afghanistan again.I love my ego cause it works in my aircraft on those long 8 hours in the air. To answer the question on getting supplies here it varies for me and my vaping contingent here. Some things I have found such as ELP juice gets here in a week, others like my ego took a month. So I generally now keep a supply of 200-300 ml on hand and about 4 attys for each my tank and mega system. It also helps to ship it to the wife in the states and then have her just drop it in one of her packages. Between the 8 or so other vapors here we keep each other informed on who sells and ships faster.

hisfattness

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2011
CT
i do part time tech work for my church. other than that lurk on ECF, play mafia wars on facebook, be a daddy to my cute puppy, and try to find things to take up my time cuz i have sleeping issues. And working on getting my disability cuz the lilttle money from the church sure doesn't pay the bills. And big supporter of our armed forces. Used to be in the AF.

DevilFishPhil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2011
Montreal, QC
I'm a search engine optimizer at an agency, and as others have mentioned not having to head outside every hour for a smoke certainly has helped my productivity tremendously. While I don't smoke @ my desk because I work in a loft type office, I always bring it with me when I go to the bathroom, the kitchen, and in the conference room :)

tamale_2

Oct 14, 2010
Phoenix
PhD student in sociology. I mostly work from home now, but when I'm out in the field doing research or teaching I don't vape on the job. Other than that, I vape ALL day long while doing grading, research writing, etc on my trusty MacBook. My partner works for the state and can't vape at work. I do know her boss appreciates her kicking the cancer stick habit, but as a professional courtesy she still takes "smoke breaks" or vapes covertly in the restroom.

phonedude

DIY Enthusiast
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2011
Kansas
I sit and look out the window and collect a pension for a living.

I am retired from telecommunications. (Mostly installing Nortel systems) I have lots of time to stalk the mailman.

I wish I would have discovered vaping before I retired. It would have fit in very well with much of my workday.

Retirement does not interfere with vaping at all.

:banana:

Last edited:

Vapian

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2011
Lexington, KY
Well... not always - did you see this?

I said safer, not "safe". Believe me, I'm privy to far more Darwin Award-worthy events than I will ever tell anyone about. However, despite being extremely allergic to highly accelerated projectiles aimed in my direction, and the fact that Subs are (statistically) far safer than the civilian drive to work, no one gets on boats that are designed to sink because they're "safe". :)

Loving seeing the variety here; Overall, seems like a lot of capable folks. You'd almost think this was a hobby that technical folk would take a liking to....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread