So... What does this mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sorry.. Will do. Thanks
No need to be sorry. I don't think he was telling you not to ask your questions here or on whatever thread you happen to be on. We are all here to help in any way we can.

No need to be sorry. I don't think he was telling you not to ask your questions here or on whatever thread you happen to be on. We are all here to help in any way we can.

For sure, ask away. But look at that plan so that you have one. Otherwise you are not going to understand the depth of the problem and how to prep.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Well ya scared me into it. Just loaded up a couple carts. Lol

One more question,

I'll still be able to buy mixing supplies for two years right?

Nick
How about nicotine. I only ordered a liter (100mg/ml) for now. That's a lot but not a lifetimes worth... let's say a month from now... Will I be able to get more do you think?

Like most people here, I think there's no way to know with 100% certainty what will be available after 8/8, and I advise buying as much nic now as you can. I wanted to know what a nicotine vendor thinks about this so I called and had a conversation with someone at RTS vapes about this. He said he thinks their nic will be available for at least through the end of the year without any problems at all, and that over the next couple of years, they will go through the PTMA testing/approval process so they can stay in business. He seemed pretty confident about this. I am comforted by that, but what if the guy at RTS is wrong and it won't be available for another year or two? That's why I want to keep buying 100 mg. nic as quickly as I can.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I think that nicotine concentrate already falls under the child protective container law, which went into effect a few days ago. And MUST be in approved child resistant containers if sold to consumers.

What is the nic concentrate? Is that the 100 mg. nic in a vg or pg base, or is that the super concentrated 100 % pure nic?

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I'm in Michigan. So is this on a state by state basis? I was under the impression this was a federal law.

I've heard people say Michigan is a very vape-friendly state. You'll still feel the pinch of the FDA regs, but you won't have to deal with the state of Michigan making things worse than the FDA does.

SeaBrz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2009
Florida
Probably not the appropriate thread to post, but I did not find another more relevant. Big apologies for not visiting more often, but mostly because of this site I have been happily vaping for over 7 years and cannot even recall the last time a cigarette even seemed appealing.

All that said, I was SHOCKED to read how quickly this Deeming thing transpired. Yes, I have been a CASAA member for years, read the emails and have often sent emails to my state representatives. But .. yes, I did get lazy and I am sorry for that.

I have spent half today reading about these horrific proposed changes. If passed, I will not suffer much because I have DIY'd before and only use replaceable-battery mods, but it breaks my heart to think how many curious newbies will continue smoking because vaping will not be an available affordable option.

When I first joined here in 2009, my blood/oxygen level was 73% (age 53). Last week, at my annual doc appt it was 98%. My doc said "I wish you could convince more of my patients to switch to vaping and get off cigarettes." My mother and both of her sisters were dead by age 58 from COPD. My younger 56-yr-old sister (still a heavy smoker), was diagnosed this year with COPD.

So the irony I am seeing here is that while many states have already passed laws to legalize marijuana, and more will likely do so in November, vaping nicotine versus cannabis will be less accessible? Am I a descendant of Rip Van Winkle?

I never have and never will rebuild coils (hell, I don't even sew buttons on shirts), but I can stockpile all the other stuff and go back to DIY juice. I am just so sad that this has even gotten to this point PRIMARILY for the health benefits that so many smokers found from converting to vaping.

Sorry for popping in with a long filibuster, but it is definitely time for me to come back and get more active in the ECF forum that literally saved my life.

Huehugh

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
COPD is terrible! After chain smoking for 10 years I developed a bad case. I woke up 6-7 times a night and what do you think I did? Sparked up a cigarette. Started vaping 2 years ago and now I sleep through the night. No waking up and my COPD WENT AWAY. I can run a half mile without stopping which is a complete miracle (for me) :)
It sucks beyond belief that a "public health organization" like the FDA will cut off the option to vape to millions of people... who will continue to kill themselves by ingesting death from big tobacco.

Probably not the appropriate thread to post, but I did not find another more relevant. Big apologies for not visiting more often, but mostly because of this site I have been happily vaping for over 7 years and cannot even recall the last time a cigarette even seemed appealing.

All that said, I was SHOCKED to read how quickly this Deeming thing transpired. Yes, I have been a CASAA member for years, read the emails and have often sent emails to my state representatives. But .. yes, I did get lazy and I am sorry for that.

I have spent half today reading about these horrific proposed changes. If passed, I will not suffer much because I have DIY'd before and only use replaceable-battery mods, but it breaks my heart to think how many curious newbies will continue smoking because vaping will not be an available affordable option.

When I first joined here in 2009, my blood/oxygen level was 73% (age 53). Last week, at my annual doc appt it was 98%. My doc said "I wish you could convince more of my patients to switch to vaping and get off cigarettes." My mother and both of her sisters were dead by age 58 from COPD. My younger 56-yr-old sister (still a heavy smoker), was diagnosed this year with COPD.

So the irony I am seeing here is that while many states have already passed laws to legalize ........., and more will likely do so in November, vaping nicotine versus ........ will be less accessible? Am I a descendant of Rip Van Winkle?

I never have and never will rebuild coils (hell, I don't even sew buttons on shirts), but I can stockpile all the other stuff and go back to DIY juice. I am just so sad that this has even gotten to this point PRIMARILY for the health benefits that so many smokers found from converting to vaping.

Sorry for popping in with a long filibuster, but it is definitely time for me to come back and get more active in the ECF forum that literally saved my life.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
cc97a6700739b8392988b68b44059c1f.jpg

Has anybody seen this? ... wonder how sales went?

Sent via iPhone

Reactions: bnrkwest
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread