What does this ban mean for the rest of the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stratus.vaping

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2018
UK & much further East.
Perhaps they ( Russia ) should assume the title of 'Land of the Free' nowadays ... at least they still allow their populace to participate in online gaming and vaping if they so choose.

A bit off topic sorry but I'm still mad about the U.S. shutting down online poker a few years ago and now this BS with vaping.

Anyway, I do hope things work out okay in your country Pat. The whole situation stinks ( pun intended :lol: ) but as others have mentioned, if there is a void created by this development, I feel certain others will step up to fill it.

Yup, I have been working there and in the 'Stans since the early nineties, there's a lot of "frontier" territory there, it's do what you like country, it's often called the "Wild East" 8)

Used to be vast numbers of cig smokers there, inc me, as local made air cured dark tobacco cigs were a few pennies a pack, foreign were cheap too. Now gov control has raised cig prices hugely and many have turned to vaping with the blessing of said gov, a similar plan as the UK have very effectively used.

Russia laughs at most USA policy and <ahem> politicians so does not copy the legislation... the UK is much more of an "ally" ofc so there are some concerns in the UK that after Brexit someone will pick up on the recent US madness to enhance their political career.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
The world is rethinking as we type, and appropriately so.

A14HQlWdjBL._SX355_.jpg
Firesign Theatre! :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
Oh Please lets not start on chocolate. I have been on a diet for a year! Lost 98 pounds and determined not to blow it now even with the triple diet threat of Halloween, thanksgiving and Christmas coming up.

I made these.....

upload_2018-3-11_0-2-35-png.728479

upload_2018-3-11_17-10-56-png.728627

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
Lima, Peru
Oh Please lets not start on chocolate. I have been on a diet for a year! Lost 98 pounds and determined not to blow it now even with the triple diet threat of Halloween, thanksgiving and Christmas coming up.

That’s amazing! I’m about ten kilos (like 20 pounds?) overweight and I just don’t know where to start my weight loss journey. :(

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    That’s amazing! I’m about ten kilos (like 20 pounds?) overweight and I just don’t know where to start my weight loss journey. :(
    I dropped 20 with Weight Watchers online. It's around $12 a month. I still have 20-30 more pounds to go.

Myrany

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 14, 2013
    Louisiana
    I did it with weight watchers. Still about 50 to lose but I am determined to get there

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
    Jan 10, 2015
    Kent - United Kingdom
    Reason for not posting lately - I'm am in the middle of an house move, with most of my vape gear either boxed or displaced. It will end someday, but I realise that the age has taken away the flexibility and adaptability of the early years.

This said - I've seen the U.S. flavour ban. In my right mind - I can't figure how such ban can protect public health, nor I grasped why this happened.

Sure it is a commercial Armaggedon - the price difference between a five dollar bottle of e-juice and a twenty-five dollars bottle is only because of the added flavours.
    The juice sales are what keeps many vape shops in activity, as the profits on the hardware aren't always sufficient to sustain operations.

Things here in the UK are definitively going better, but I'm seeing a negative shift in attitudes - too many media articles pointing to the dangers of vaping, and to the recommendations of the American health agencies to stop all vaping activities altogether...

The new neighbours shutting and locking their windows at the mere sight of my Sunday Clouds.

But no vapers that I know has stopped vaping because of the current sympathetic media frenzy against vaping.

But I noted a decrease of cloud chasers, and an increase of people using small vape devices - and note, not AIO or pod systems.

Vapers don't proffer a word, and the only people with an opinion are the non-vapers, which keep themselves updated by reading tabloid papers.

I only seen two UK papers mentioning the cause of the vaping-related illnesses, i.e. the solvents used to vape the main chemical that I can't mention here.

I'm feeling quite strange. At *Every* attempt I made to explain the cause of the illnesses in the U.S. to somebody here who has sided against vaping - following the ongoing media scare - I have been rebutted, promptly and rudely.

What is going on?

AttyPops

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 8, 2010
    Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
    What is going on?
    Psychological warfare propaganda has reached the commercial sector. Not that it hasn't always been there to some degree, but it's more common and professional now than ever.

We've gone from "More Doctors smoke Camels" to ...having it everywhere. All politics, and the polarization. You're experiencing it there too...I have one word for you...."Brexit". There's spin, emotions, opinions, no matter what "side" you're on. And it's all leveraged.

The internet. The fake news. The real news even. And spin.

It's about culture but here in particular it's about MONEY. BT and BP aren't stupid, and they have the clout to influence just about everything in their scope. Including the FDA and congress.

All it takes is a few people, well intended or otherwise, to mess up THC vaping, and bam. Between that and "save the children" stuff, it's a hostile take over.

Of course all this crosses the pond. Of course people react out of fear when the truth is hidden behind sensationalism and propaganda and click-bait.

IDK what to tell you. The truth sets you free, so educate others the best you can.
    Fingers crossed.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Reason for not posting lately - I'm am in the middle of an house move, with most of my vape gear either boxed or displaced. It will end someday, but I realise that the age has taken away the flexibility and adaptability of the early years.

This said - I've seen the U.S. flavour ban. In my right mind - I can't figure how such ban can protect public health, nor I grasped why this happened.

Sure it is a commercial Armaggedon - the price difference between a five dollar bottle of e-juice and a twenty-five dollars bottle is only because of the added flavours.
    The juice sales are what keeps many vape shops in activity, as the profits on the hardware aren't always sufficient to sustain operations.

Things here in the UK are definitively going better, but I'm seeing a negative shift in attitudes - too many media articles pointing to the dangers of vaping, and to the recommendations of the American health agencies to stop all vaping activities altogether...

The new neighbours shutting and locking their windows at the mere sight of my Sunday Clouds.

But no vapers that I know has stopped vaping because of the current sympathetic media frenzy against vaping.

But I noted a decrease of cloud chasers, and an increase of people using small vape devices - and note, not AIO or pod systems.

Vapers don't proffer a word, and the only people with an opinion are the non-vapers, which keep themselves updated by reading tabloid papers.

I only seen two UK papers mentioning the cause of the vaping-related illnesses, i.e. the solvents used to vape the main chemical that I can't mention here.

I'm feeling quite strange. At *Every* attempt I made to explain the cause of the illnesses in the U.S. to somebody here who has sided against vaping - following the ongoing media scare - I have been rebutted, promptly and rudely.

What is going on?
    A lot of people love being part of a mob.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread