What does this ban mean for the rest of the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
Lima, Peru
Hey everyone! So it’s clear that things are changing for all of you who live in the USA. I truly feel for all of you, and I still can’t believe this is happening. But, what is the impact that this is going to have in all of the other countries that basically depend on the US market?

I live in Perú and in most shops, if not in all of them, most of the juice that is sold is directly imported from the USA. Does this mean that we won’t be able to purchase these items anymore either? And what about new devices? I’m aware that most of them are made in China but under American brands.

I understand that the USA has probably been one of the biggest markets in regards to vaping. How is this whole thing going to impact the rest of the world? Our vape community isn’t that big, it just started growing last year. Stores don’t really make their own e-juices, it’s hard to get good quality ingredients.

I’d really appreciate your thoughts <3

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Well if the worst happens, US juice that's not tobacco flavored will be gone. Stuff made in China will still be available, although some smaller companies that rely heavily on the US market may fold. You might have to order from the EU and UK where at least some common sense appears to remain.

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
Lima, Peru
Well if the worst happens, US juice that's not tobacco flavored will be gone. Stuff made in China will still be available, although some smaller companies that rely heavily on the US market may fold. You might have to order from the EU and UK where at least some common sense appears to remain.

Some shops already sell their “own brand” of juice that comes from China but it’s SO bad honestly. My favorite vape shop only sells American stuff.

Is it going to be illegal for brands to continue making e-juice and selling to other countries? I haven’t really had time to read the whole ban news so I don’t know what’s the extent of it all.

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
Lima, Peru
Unflavored is always an option.

Many people prefer it and won't be affected by the flavoring ban. Lots of DIYers here have always vaped unflavored.

Nobody can stop you from keeping some food flavorings and putting a drop or so in.

As I said, DIY is not really an option because it’s definitely not easy to get the ingredients here. Our market is completely different to yours and we heavily rely on US brands. When you go into a shop most of the stuff comes from the USA. For example, my favorite vape shop only sells American e-juice, and their main shop is located in the USA.

Good question, I see Chinese vendors selling US brands. Halo, Cuttwood.

I’ve seen probably a couple brands that come from countries in Asia. Vapetasia if I’m correct? There’s also a shop that sells A LOT of juices, things I’ve never seen before. But they’re mostly fruit/tobacco flavors and here a lot of people prefer dessert flavors apparently.

Reactions: stols001

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
It’s hard to say. Some things that have been banned here can still be exported. Some cannot. Since this is not a product of a few really large corporations that will sell tons and tons, it’s very likely the USA will not allow it to be sold outside the country.

If it were millions of gallons of Roundup instead of vape juice, I’m sure the government would be fine with selling it worldwide even if it were illegal here.

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
Lima, Peru
It’s hard to say. Some things that have been banned here can still be exported. Some cannot. Since this is not a product of a few really large corporations that will sell tons and tons, it’s very likely the USA will not allow it to be sold outside the country.

If it were millions of gallons of Roundup instead of vape juice, I’m sure the government would be fine with selling it worldwide even if it were illegal here.

Seems like I’m spending my whole paycheck on e-juice by the end of this month then. -shrug- this whole thing is ridiculous.

Georgia Boy

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2019
Atlanta Georgia
Pat
Nobody really knows yet, we can all speculate but that is we are doing right now. If I lived outside the US and relied on flavored juice, I would just be doing some research on-line to see what's available from what countries. My own preference would be to look at getting it from Canada and the EU or somewhere else that you know has good quality products.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I was wondering the same. Without a US market, companies may not have enough international support to continue, that is of course assuming any new imposed laws allows juice to be made in the US for other markets outside the US

Canada has healthy e-juice industry with a few labs that even produce for US brands. Despite being a Canadian retailer, Dashvapes does ship world wide and they are also a lab that produce not only their own line of juice, but juices for other brands as well. That said, I do not know what happens if a company such as Costal Clouds (US based) folds under the new laws, if Dashvapes will be allowed to continue to produce juice under that brand. Guess it is possible to use the same recipes, but different brand name.

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
Lima, Peru
Pat
Nobody really knows yet, we can all speculate but that is we are doing right now. If I lived outside the US and relied on flavored juice, I would just be doing some research on-line to see what's available from what countries. My own preference would be to look at getting it from Canada and the EU or somewhere else that you know has good quality products.

That would be a good option if it was easier to just order online. Sadly it costs a lot of money to order things yourself, in fact every time I want to buy something from the USA I have to ship it to my friend and wait until she comes to Perú to get it.

I’ve seen some stores sell stuff from other countries that are not the USA but I think it’ll definitely damage their business as well. I suppose they’ll have to look into importing from other countries like Canada and EU as you said, as customers here are also quite picky and Chinese stuff is not really well received. -shrug-

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I was wondering the same. Without a US market, companies may not have enough international support to continue, that is of course assuming any new imposed laws allows juice to be made in the US for other markets outside the US

Canada has healthy e-juice industry with a few labs that even produce for US brands. Despite being a Canadian retailer, Dashvapes does ship world wide and they are also a lab that produce not only their own line of juice, but juices for other brands as well. That said, I do not know what happens if a company such as Costal Clouds (US based) folds under the new laws, if Dashvapes will be allowed to continue to produce juice under that brand. Guess it is possible to use the same recipes, but different brand name.

To add, Canadian made e-juice is regulated and required to follow our FDA (Food and Drug act) and CCCR (Consumer Chemicals and Containers Regulations). Our labs are subjected to inspection and sample testing. Same can’t be said about China made juices.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain

I believe the FDA only regulates American markets. Companies that manufacture for export will still be able to continue exporting their products they just won't be able to sell their products within the U.S.

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
Lima, Peru
I believe the FDA only regulates American markets. Companies that manufacture for export will still be able to continue exporting their products they just won't be able to sell their products within the U.S.

I think they also regulate anything that comes into their market. For example, just last week they had something to say about two food colorings used in the cream included in some cookies that we produce here, and that I supposed it’s sold in their land. The same happened with another of our companies because they were selling it in Puerto Rico and they said it’s components did not allow them to be called milk... because it isn’t.

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
Lima, Peru
The real question is will "unflavored" be allowed or not. If it is, then all you would need to do is buy the unflavored juice and then buy "flavor shots". This is already happening in other countries.

Yeah, but not in mine. We are a country where natural stuff is super cheap and “chemicals” (for a lack of a better word) are not easily found, and if they are it’s usually expensive. On top of that you don’t know if it’s safe or not. Now flavorings, this is hard to find even in the food industry as it’s cheaper for us to use natural ingredients when it comes to homemade stuff. Also, the vape scene is not that big. Most people see vaping as a bad dangerous thing to do. It’s taken a while for people to understand, it’s just gotten popular over the last year or so. I wouldn’t be concerned if I didn’t know that we heavily rely on getting supplies from the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread