So what is the real story?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
"... Kate this is to you, give it a rest now please….Your personal crusade against him is over i hope"

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...embers-look-out-black-list-59.html#post151249

Are you one of Parked's 'affiliates'?

Why did he post reviews of products he knew he was going to sell without making his bias clear and why did he want to keep his product reviews on the review board when he was found out?

He tried to get me to talk to him behind the scenes too but I refused, it's not up to me to judge his position.

I see Cashmere doesn't want us to talk about this, and am happy to let it go ... after we know what's happened.

ApOsTle51

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2008
UK
I said ages ago he was a janty reviewer and I and TB had suspitions over his offer to SJ for the Forum , But as it came from ApOsTle51 , no-body took any notice.

I might come across as a trouble maker or making waves but enlightening people about things put's people on the defensive, I can handle that if it all comes out in the wash.

and it's nice to see people , even Cash and Kate agree that reviewers that dish out codes have a vested interest in the e-cig biz, Just wish others see the light and make judgment knowing the whole story.

Last edited:

Nuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Ontario, Canada
That thread ended poorly. After all the accusations a single member talks to him on the phone, decides he wasn't intentionally shady, refuses to share the reasons for his judgment and then the topic is closed?

I was supportive of Parked yesterday until it came out he registered his site long before doing reviews of competitors products. It's a fairly underhanded thing to do and I'd really like to hear an explanation.

What the hell Parked, did you do all those competitor product reviews after you knew you were going into business or not?

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
I said ages ago he was a janty reviewer and I and TB had suspitions over his offer to SJ for the Forum , But as it came from ApOsTle51 , no-body took any notice.

Suspicions is a good word choice, Apostle. The word "devious" came to my mind at that time. It is still there, after reading last night's free-for-all.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Some people just love a fight, I get accused of it a lot but I suspect it's because I know how to ask questions that make some unethical people uncomfortable.

I'm annoyed that Sun and Rick have tried to portray me as a crusader or troublemaker. Both people who made a calm, rational situation dramatic and irrational.

Parked has edited out inconvenient posts on his board now too. I just hope SmokeyJoe doesn't sell out for a whitewash here.

Philip

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2008
UK
www.philipnicosia.com
I agree with that. It just reeks of impropriety that he has reviews of other products that are competing with the products he is now selling.

Yes, especially when they are putting them down. How can a supplier be allowed to have clealy biased reviews on his section like http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/dietsmokes/5315-parkeds-review-intellicig-evo.html and http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/dietsmokes/5821-parkeds-intellicig-evo-review-take-two.html yet give a thumbs up review of a similar model that he sells on his site.

Quite honestly in my opinion none of his reviews can be trusted anymore.

dohsma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
WI, USA
Yes, especially when they are putting them down. How can a supplier be allowed to have clealy biased reviews on his section like http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/dietsmokes/5315-parkeds-review-intellicig-evo.html and http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/dietsmokes/5821-parkeds-intellicig-evo-review-take-two.html yet give a thumbs up review of a similar model that he sells on his site.

Quite honestly in my opinion none of his reviews can be trusted anymore.

Exactly! And I feel for anyone who made a purchase decision based on any of his reviews.

eskimoroll

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
Exactly! And I feel for anyone who made a purchase decision based on any of his reviews.

Yeah, that's me. :mad: I ordered a Dura C after seeing his review and it might actually be a great e-cig but I feel conned because I thought I was seeing an independent review rather than potential marketing b.s.

dohsma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
WI, USA
Yeah, that's me. :mad: I ordered a Dura C after seeing his review and it might actually be a great e-cig but I feel conned because I thought I was seeing an independent review rather than potential marketing b.s.

And were you considering any of the other e-cigs that he doesn't sell, but did reviews for?

CandyGirl

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Domain Name: DIETSMOKES.COM
Created on: 26-Nov-08
Expires on: 26-Nov-09
Last Updated on: 22-Jan-09

First review, posted on 10-December-2008
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...nty-mini-fogger-review-small-review-pics.html

Videos-

No i don't think my videos should come down I gave them a fair shake if a product sucks i will tell you no matter what company it is. I have done this on a few models etc..... My videos are how I started and should stay up i believe this is a part of "Parked" and who I am.

Also 75% of these videos were done before I knew I was getting in the business.

eskimoroll

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
And were you considering any of the other e-cigs that he doesn't sell, but did reviews for?

Actually the other e-cig I was considering was the ladypipe (also because of his review) so I guess either way I would have been a sucker. I thought he was one of the "good guys" here on the forum. With that said, if I had known his bias beforehand I may have simply kept modding and using the e-cigs I've been building happily and saved myself a few bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread