San Francisco
270913946_efa38ec3d8.jpg

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Wow

Well, I had to work all day so I didn't get to see this thread until just now.

Here's a basic response to everything.

First, Parker's post in this thread covers pretty much everything we talked about on the phone last night only we went into things in MUCH more detail and some personal and professional information was given out that I won't share because it's sensitive to the industry.

So Parker comes in here today and makes a post which covers the majority of what we talked about last night AND, his stories mesh...That is to say that he's giving the same story now as he was last night...That tells a story considering the fact that the majority of our conversation last night wasn't happy...There wasn't hostility, so to speak, but it wasn't small talk-either. Now, I know a thing or two about taking and reading statements and I'll tell you this...When someone's lying, their story changes every time they tell it...the change is sometimes minor, sometimes GLARING. I got Parker to tell me his side of things 3 times last night - in different words and terms - by asking him different questions with the same direction. Every time he told me his story, the details were spot on...I recorded that phone conversation and I've listened to it (last night before I went to bed). Same thing...the details were there...I don't believe that he is attempting evasion or being dishonest.

Here's what I *BELIEVE*.

I believe that Parker got that domain name and "parked" it (an industry term, no pun intended)...This is something that domain sellers do a LOT.

I believe that Parker got involved with the community out of interest in something he was doing (vaping) and started reviewing products that he liked simply because he liked them.

I *KNOW* that Parker also reviewed products that he didn't like but didn't post some of them out of not wanting to screw people's business.

I believe that Parker ordered some products from Janty and got them hand-delivered at which time he started a non-professional relationship with Jeff.

I believe that as time went on Parker saw some holes in the industry that could be filled and made the decision to fill them.

I believe that, in the process of doing so, Parker approached Jeff and shared the idea of them sharing resources...An idea which Jeff accepted.

I believe that Parker then went on about setting up his business and continued on with his community membership, not out of will to steer or manipulate people but out of a want to be a part of the community and share his knowledge and experience.

And now, here we are.

As I said in the post I made last night, I'm not going to go in to details. Parker and I butted heads in public, then in PM and then on the phone. When all was said and done we both have a better understanding of what was done and why it may or may not have been the best set of decisions in the world. Parker realizes that he inadvertently set himself up to look like a shill and that a couple of different choices would have avoided this whole mess en toto. Parker also understands the perceived implications of his actions and is taking steps to correct the perception (steps had already been taken, in some cases, prior to my conversation with him last night.)

Parker is also FIRMLY of the belief that he did nothing wrong. He understands that it may look like his actions were inappropriate but he believes in his core that they were on the up and up...I tend to agree.

Now...I will make it clear that I *WILL* be making purchases from Dietsmokes. They have items I want at a price I can live with. I feel completely comfortable transacting with Parker and his business and will do so when the need arises.

I will also likely do reviews of Dietsmokes products at some point...Those reviews will be honest, blunt, to the point and no BS, as have been ALL of the reviews I've done.

I have no reason, what-so-ever, to believe that Parker is out to scam anyone and I feel I was wrong in throwing fuel on the fire...Sure, the evidence looked pretty solid but I should have done the due diligence I've been trained to do and made sure I had all of the FACTS before I started forming OPINIONS.

That's that. I hope that helps clear some things up and I REALLY hope we can put this whole thing to bed, now.

(Also, for the person that said Parker may have offered me a bunch of free stuff in return for me ....'ing...I've received a lot of free stuff from a lot of people, especially lately. That's the LAST thing that would ever make me .... and Parker's not NEARLY cute enough to give me what it WOULD take to silence me.)

That will be all...carry on.

dohsma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
WI, USA
Thanks Terra,

As soon as I read his response, especially in regards to parked domains, it became clear to me that this was a witch hunt. I also should have known better, but I got caught up in the wave too. Not making excuses, but it's a fact I can't ignore. I am glad this all got hashed out as I went through all the evidence and jumped to a conclusion. I would also say that I would have no problem ordering from dietsmokes and for my part I apologize for adding fuel to the fire as well.

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Also, I'd like to add that Parker is a VERY gracious person. After he and I went 'round and 'round and all the dust settled he was just as quick as I to help pat off the dust and offer beers.

After he read the post I made last night he actually sent me a "Thank You" letter and offered his personal assistance in any questions or issues I ever had.

If that's not a stand-up guy, I don't know what is...

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
well folks once again I see the same old story,

10 pages for this debate,

and in the end it all comes down to the same thing
EVERYTIME

trust who you believe in,
deal with who you trust,

this goes for all suppliers out there,
and there are quite a few of you who are
having communication, trust problems right now......

Di .....

end of story,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread