So what is the real story?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitewriter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Hendersonville Tennessee
I don't believe anyone has damaged his business except Parked. If he truly cared about his reputation as a seller, 1st- he would not have been so shady from the beginning. 2nd- He would have at least made a statement here to clear up speculations. As it is, he has allowed us all to think whatever we will, and with no statements from his side, it only confirms the worse.

I'm sure this will damage his reputation but it's obvious that he doesn't care enough to defend it, or he cannot deny the truth. Either way, no one is to blame but him.

dohsma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
WI, USA
I don't believe anyone has damaged his business except Parked. If he truly cared about his reputation as a seller, 1st- he would not have been so shady from the beginning. 2nd- He would have at least made a statement here to clear up speculations. As it is, he has allowed us all to think whatever we will, and with no statements from his side, it only confirms the worse.

I'm sure this will damage his reputation but it's obvious that he doesn't care enough to defend it, or he cannot deny the truth. Either way, no one is to blame but him.

Well said! Just because he had a private conversation with one member (Terraphon) it does not appease everyone. We never even got the details from that conversation.

Lika

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
Dallas - USA
I came in late to read that thread. I sat there catching up and waiting for had to be a good two hours (total) for Terraphon's response to his phone convo with Parked. After all that reading and waiting I admit I was a bit ticked at the "blow off" resolution.

A real resolution is important to me because I live near to the same area as Parked and was strongly considering changing my primary supplier. He seemed like a nice guy (and probably is) but I wanted to be sure. Pretty much next day delivery would be expected being so close by the shipping center. Or, if emergency the possibility of dropping by might exist.

PM's don't do it for me in these situations. I need to know what everybody knows. If it's all on the straight and up then it should be known to everyone.

I wrote a response to Terr's update but decided not to post it at the time. Forum politics entered my mind and I thought I'd wait for what Cash or Smokey Joe had to say. Next thing I know we're given a group hug and the door slams shut.

So... Here's my comment I was going to post:

-------------------------------------

Hold on a minute peeps

Ok...

I just got off the phone with Mr. Parker...we had a conversation which ran over 1 hour and 5 minutes...

Wow! This is all we get after pages upon pages of accusations? You were the first to very publicly out this guy.

And now....

Any questions, PM me...I don't think this should be aired out in public any more.

Sorry, but you're going to have to do better than a brush off post to convince me... You weren't afraid to boast details earlier. So how about it?

-------------------------------------

Needless to say, I wasn't happy with the results. So I was thinking some fairly outlandish (or are they?) scenarios that might have gotten this result: payoffs, attorneys, etc.

I really shouldn't turn my frustrations to Terraphon. For that, I apologize. Obviously he was cornered somehow. If not by Parked then by his own accusations against Parked, making himself feel like a raging fool. Whatever it is, something doesn't give. And the explanation makes no sense whatsoever.

What I really want is a public explanation of all this from Mr. Parker himself and no middlemen. We deserve at least that much. Don't we?

Tumbleweed4829

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2008
Virginia, USA
Everything you said was pretty accurate Tumbleweed. The problem I have, is that he gave competitor products bad reviews under the guise of being impartial. It's dishonest to say the least and he apparently had no problem damaging another man's business with his conduct.

The reviews in question are STILL in his sub forum. After giving him the benefit of the doubt I'm a little ...... at how misleading he was.

Couldn't he have gotten a bad Evo and thus gave it a bad review? If I did reviews I would have given the 901 a bad review because the first one I ever got had no throat hit and not much vapor what so ever. Everyone raved about it and I just couldn't figure out why. I then gave it a second chance and now I like it. (I wonder if I might have gotten a real 901 or the other) Anyway, all e-cigs are different, even when they are the same exact e-cig. I again have two 901's actually I now have about 4. One gives better vapor and throat hit than any of the others. Yes I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because I really believe he did not do all of this for some dark horrible reason.

Nuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Couldn't he have gotten a bad Evo and thus gave it a bad review? If I did reviews I would have given the 901 a bad review because the first one I ever got had no throat hit and not much vapor what so ever. Everyone raved about it and I just couldn't figure out why. I then gave it a second chance and now I like it. (I wonder if I might have gotten a real 901 or the other) Anyway, all e-cigs are different, even when they are the same exact e-cig. I again have two 901's actually I now have about 4. One gives better vapor and throat hit than any of the others. Yes I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because I really believe he did not do all of this for some dark horrible reason.

Anyone who gives a bad review to a competitors product while hiding the fact that they are a competitor is dishonest. He made straight-forward claims about 75% of his reviews being done before he knew he was going into business. With the published 'whois' we know this to be absolutely false and in fact, ALL of his reviews were done after he had started his business.

It was dishonest, misleading and damaging to the products he gave false reviews for.

ApOsTle51

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2008
UK
I certainly think we need something from terraphon to explain exactly what conspired over that phone call.
If terra wasn't so prolific in dragging up all the 'evidence' in the last thread it wouldn't matter , but being he was the council for the prosecution , he certainly needs to add a closing statement and not keep the jury in the dark :)
or maybe its just parked has offered a .... load of free stuff to terraphon for review !!!

parked

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hello Everyone!

Never in a million years did I expect to get this kind of response from this forum. I have been researching products and participating on this forum for quite sometime now. I will post this response to all of your concerns but will no be posting much of else as this forum/thread have gotten out of control.

In regards to everyone going crazy about the domain purchase... This is what I have done my entire career. I am a "Domainer" if you will and have made money off of the internet by purchasing and selling domain names. I literally have thousands of domain names and most of them are inactive sites that contain advertising or are up for sale. When I bought DietSmokes I thought it was a cool name and that it may be worth some money someday. In addition to DietSmokes I purchased a bunch of other names as well. I honestly did not have any interest in getting into this business at the time other than to possibly sell some domain names. The reason I bought DietSmokes was that it was included in a post by ratindahat about renaming e-cigs and what we should call our new hobby... I loved the name and hence bought the domain name.

Jeff, from Janty, lives about 10 miles from me. I had already purchased about 5 other e-cigs before I purchased from Janty. When I purchased from Janty I contacted Jeff and arranged for local pickup. At that time I purchased a mini fogger and a dura set, both of which I paid the full retail price on the website for. I have NEVER received free demo units from Janty or any other supplier to date. My reviews are as unbiased as they can possibly be. I did many reviews for many models, some were Janty and some were not. I have also done reviews for products that we are not even carrying at DietSmokes...

Since I began e-smoking I have purchased every single model on the market and spent thousands of dollars doing so. Some models I like and some I don't like. The thing I liked the least was having to buy from so many different suppliers, especially the one's overseas. I thought it was a great idea to create a superstore of sorts where customers could simply have access to "One Stop" shopping. I consulted with Jeff from Janty on my idea as he has a bunch of experience in this business.

A couple of things were very apparent... First of all if I was going to carry a lot of product we needed a large facility. As you know large facilities cost large amounts of money. It would be impossible for me to cover the cost 100% so we decided to split the costs which made things more feasible. Janty is Janty and Diet Smokes is Diet Smokes...

The second thing that became apparent is that if I was to offer a superstore that the "Brand" names should be included as well. I contacted NJOY and some of the other name brands but they did not have interested in becoming part of this. Janty did have an interest and that is how they became a part of our site. I buy my Janty products directly from Jeff so if a product is available then we can sell it... If it is not we do not sell it.

I really feel like I have done absolutely nothing shady or as someone put it being a "Con Man" here. I am a huge fan of e-cigarettes and will always continue to buy the latest and greatest products. If I like the product I will probably buy a lot of them and make them available at DietSmokes. There is currently a supply issue with most suppliers today. We are trying to get to a point where supply will never be a concern. I know this industry quite well and honestly the only thing I am trying to do is offer a company that will serve the community and offer solutions to issues that are currently in the open. If some of you are upset that I am trying to build something that will only benefit the consumer in the end then there is nothing I can do to change your perception. I'm an honest individual who is trying to build an honest business and I am honestly "Disturbed" that so many of you can't see beyond your initial impression.

As I stated earlier... I have a business to run. I hope that you will give us a shot b/c I think you will be pleasantly surprised. I am not going to answer questions directly on this forum b/c some people will just never be satisfied. If you personally have any questions or concerns regarding our business please PM me directly and I will answer your questions right away.

Thanks
Parked

dohsma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
WI, USA
Hello Everyone!

Never in a million years did I expect to get this kind of response from this forum. I have been researching products and participating on this forum for quite sometime now. I will post this response to all of your concerns but will no be posting much of else as this forum/thread have gotten out of control.

In regards to everyone going crazy about the domain purchase... This is what I have done my entire career. I am a "Domainer" if you will and have made money off of the internet by purchasing and selling domain names. I literally have thousands of domain names and most of them are inactive sites that contain advertising or are up for sale. When I bought DietSmokes I thought it was a cool name and that it may be worth some money someday. In addition to DietSmokes I purchased a bunch of other names as well. I honestly did not have any interest in getting into this business at the time other than to possibly sell some domain names. The reason I bought DietSmokes was that it was included in a post by ratindahat about renaming e-cigs and what we should call our new hobby... I loved the name and hence bought the domain name.

Jeff, from Janty, lives about 10 miles from me. I had already purchased about 5 other e-cigs before I purchased from Janty. When I purchased from Janty I contacted Jeff and arranged for local pickup. At that time I purchased a mini fogger and a dura set, both of which I paid the full retail price on the website for. I have NEVER received free demo units from Janty or any other supplier to date. My reviews are as unbiased as they can possibly be. I did many reviews for many models, some were Janty and some were not. I have also done reviews for products that we are not even carrying at DietSmokes...

Since I began e-smoking I have purchased every single model on the market and spent thousands of dollars doing so. Some models I like and some I don't like. The thing I liked the least was having to buy from so many different suppliers, especially the one's overseas. I thought it was a great idea to create a superstore of sorts where customers could simply have access to "One Stop" shopping. I consulted with Jeff from Janty on my idea as he has a bunch of experience in this business.

A couple of things were very apparent... First of all if I was going to carry a lot of product we needed a large facility. As you know large facilities cost large amounts of money. It would be impossible for me to cover the cost 100% so we decided to split the costs which made things more feasible. Janty is Janty and Diet Smokes is Diet Smokes...

The second thing that became apparent is that if I was to offer a superstore that the "Brand" names should be included as well. I contacted NJOY and some of the other name brands but they did not have interested in becoming part of this. Janty did have an interest and that is how they became a part of our site. I buy my Janty products directly from Jeff so if a product is available then we can sell it... If it is not we do not sell it.

I really feel like I have done absolutely nothing shady or as someone put it being a "Con Man" here. I am a huge fan of e-cigarettes and will always continue to buy the latest and greatest products. If I like the product I will probably buy a lot of them and make them available at DietSmokes. There is currently a supply issue with most suppliers today. We are trying to get to a point where supply will never be a concern. I know this industry quite well and honestly the only thing I am trying to do is offer a company that will serve the community and offer solutions to issues that are currently in the open. If some of you are upset that I am trying to build something that will only benefit the consumer in the end then there is nothing I can do to change your perception. I'm an honest individual who is trying to build an honest business and I am honestly "Disturbed" that so many of you can't see beyond your initial impression.

As I stated earlier... I have a business to run. I hope that you will give us a shot b/c I think you will be pleasantly surprised. I am not going to answer questions directly on this forum b/c some people will just never be satisfied. If you personally have any questions or concerns regarding our business please PM me directly and I will answer your questions right away.

Thanks
Parked

See that clears up a lot of the misunderstanding. I too am in the web business, and my company buys domain names all the time, we have a few dozen that are sitting unused. I'm not sure this answers all of the questions, but I am glad you made the effort to clear the air. I sent you a PM and would still like to hear back from you. But I am satisfied in your explanation

I presumed TB was pointing out that the threat of a US ban may be a more worthwhile thing to devote your endeavours too. If all the US suppliers lose their stock then this issue becomes moot.

Yeah this horse is dead and nothing is left but a gooey mess. It will work itself out however it works out.

Let's put our differences aside and move on to more important matters:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...09-senator-seeks-halt-sales-e-cigarettes.html

(Suggestion removed in view of the discussion on the thread listed above. Specifically #81 by KDMickey)

However, I do believe that big guns can be disabled just as effectively as small ones. The flaws are there. Just keep the magnifying glass on them.

EDIT: Thank you for taking the time to respond Parked.

Last edited:

Lika

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
Dallas - USA
Hello Everyone!

Never in a million years did I expect to get this...

Thank you Parked. Your post is much appreciated. I've also been in the domain business myself. It can be quite lucrative with a little luck :) In fact, I have a couple ecig related domains at this time. I may or may not get into the business at some point in the future. One thing I've learned from all this is if you have related domains - don't do reviews, lol.

Just so you know... The main reason I wanted to public response from you is because I was sick and tired of all the assumptions. I even started to have them. You needed to speak up. If I was a part of encouraging you to do so I'm glad. It wasn't just for out benefit but yours as well. I hope you will realize that when this all clears the air.

Don't be disturbed about the reactions here. It's human nature to speculate. Speculation comes from lack of information. How all this started is another story. Hopefully lessons have been learned by all involved.

Here's wishing you the best. And, yes I'd be more than happy to give your company a shot. Heck, maybe we can meet for coffee one day - My treat :)

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
Parked's superstore conception is the way to go with e-cigs, far better than having loads of different suppliers....I am afraid a lot of the other suppliers on this forum are probably eventually going to be wiped out by it, loads of people selling the same basic products under different brand names isn't going to succeed...assuming that vaping does not get banned the guy is well on his way to becoming a millionaire.

ApOsTle51

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2008
UK
what i can't figure is what's the point in having an official janty reseller in the same building as an official Janty supplier.

I thought the idea of having a brand reseller is to allow for faster shipping etc. but whats the point when they share the same outlet.

honestly that confuses me ...there must be something in it for Janty but i can't figure it out, I mean ..sharing office space with the competition..just crazy...

Walrus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA
what i can't figure is what's the point in having an official janty reseller in the same building as an official Janty supplier.

I thought the idea of having a brand reseller is to allow for faster shipping etc. but whats the point when they share the same outlet.

honestly that confuses me ...there must be something in it for Janty but i can't figure it out, I mean ..sharing office space with the competition..just crazy...

One might also wonder if the reason JantyUSA can't fill our orders is because he sold all his stock to Parked.

Hey, I'm just wondering... not implying anything.

dohsma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
WI, USA
One might also wonder if the reason JantyUSA can't fill our orders is because he sold all his stock to Parked.

Hey, I'm just wondering... not implying anything.

I might not be 100% correct on this but I have not see the Janty products in stock on his site. I have only checked a couple of times though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread