Softvape RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

narrdarr

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
fema region 9
Looks interesting. Build looks pretty straighforward. I'll be curious to see what people think. Is the clear tank glass or plastic?
i think its plastic but im not 100% sure.

Hmm. Looks like the deck will flood leak like a mother... you'll have to stuff TONS of cotton in there.

i don't think so i think it would be really nice to work with. almost like a hybrid of a few different tanks. if the tank was sub 40$ i would order one.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I bet once the online stores start carrying it, better prices will appear. Then I would be game.

If its wicked right, it won't flood. I've never flooded the Orchid or Silverplay or Aquas.

Looks like it comes with a metal tank section, too so no worries about plastic with some juices. And I like the matte black color.

Dioxyde

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
Oregon
I bet it would look sick on your black stingray roxy. Seriously nice looking tank!
IMG_6894_1024x1024.jpg

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
No, its not innovative, but the chimney shape leads me to think it might have better flavor than say, the Orchid.

What makes you say its junk though? The threading looks good to me.

It looks like somebody decided to cash in on the ecig market, so they came up with ... ok, so the typical rda has 3 posts in a straight line, so they put that in it; then the most common rta is the kayfun type; so they threw that together.

I don't think there's any reason to believe there's poor quality manufacturing, just that for a new tank, it doesn't actually improve or contribute anything different in a usefull; on the contrary, deliberately putting 3 posts in a straight line is a step backwards !

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
No, its not innovative, but the chimney shape leads me to think it might have better flavor than say, the Orchid.

What makes you say its junk though? The threading looks good to me.

I don't see anything that makes it look like junk. At least from the pics, the machining looks well done..

The chimney shape is different and I also see that as a potential plus.

Here is what I see as the big plus with this one:

SoftVapeStellar.jpg

Take a look at how the corners of the deck are lopped off.....that's where the wicks are going to sit. Looks like it will be breeze to set it up and have it wick well.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I don't see anything that makes it look like junk. At least from the pics, the machining looks well done..

View attachment 417931

Take a look at how the corners of the deck are lopped off.....that's where the wicks are going to sit. Looks like it will be breeze to set it up and have it wick well.

Agree. I like the afc ring, too. Gives me the opportunity to do m2l and potentially increase flavor. So that's a plus to me over some similar RTAs.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago

View attachment 417931

What I notice from that picture is the airholes on the deck; not sure if there's enough airflow below to support it, but the potential airflow they put on the deck is a plus.

Oh; and concerning what you're looking at with the corners lopped off, I was just looking at it myself to see what you were talking about, and what I see is it has the effect of a raised airflow for the purpose of reducing leaking from liquid collecting at the bottom of the fog chamber.
Good observation, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread