Status
Not open for further replies.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
If you want temperature control I would get stainless 316L. If you want VW Kanthal.

Stainless in power depends. If you don't do a lot of consecutive puffs or the mod locks the resistance it's fine. Quick consecutive puffs where the mod is going on the reading at the button push can get pretty hot.

SS works perfectly in Power and was used long before SS support in TC. I vape 99.99% all Mech's and mostly all with SS. I recommend SS over NiChrome or Kanthal due to SS is very responsive and for me it has a much cleaner/crisper taste.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
SS works perfectly in Power and was used long before SS support in TC. I vape 99.99% all Mech's and mostly all with SS. I recommend SS over NiChrome or Kanthal due to SS is very responsive and for me it has a much cleaner/crisper taste.

If you consider increasing your voltage depending on when you push the button perfect.

Mechs are unregulated volts not VW. Your mech has 3.2-4.2v no matter what the coil is reading. You have no buck or boost, only what the battery has. How do you not know that?
On something with VW a mech would be equal to Bypass.
When you're set to 20w with VW at .5Ω it uses 3.16v, when you push it again if it sees .6Ω it uses 3.46v to keep with the 20w setting.

I don't use mechs and I do switch over to VW so I know what they can do. VT-Two stays at whatever was screwed in. I forget which one I had that would continue trying to get hotter if you kept bumping the button but I have one. And I recall some having continuous polling while the button was pushed.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
If you consider increasing your voltage depending on when you push the button perfect.

Mechs are unregulated volts not VW. Your mech has 3.2-4.2v no matter what the coil is reading. You have no buck or boost, only what the battery has. How do you not know that?
On something with VW a mech would be equal to Bypass.
When you're set to 20w with VW at .5Ω it uses 3.16v, when you push it again if it sees .6Ω it uses 3.46v to keep with the 20w setting.

I don't use mechs and I do switch over to VW so I know what they can do. VT-Two stays at whatever was screwed in. I forget which one I had that would continue trying to get hotter if you kept bumping the button but I have one. And I recall some having continuous polling while the button was pushed.
Thank you but not only am I well versed on Mech's but before Mech's I Vaped regulated, dove deep into TC. So I do have a bit of experience under my belt.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Reactions: stols001

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
None of my mods do it like that (geekvape tesla dna joyetech vandy chip), didn't ever notice a problem with SS in power mode.

Edit:
correction - the vandy chip indeed does it like that, realized I didn't try power mode with SS yet and just tried it now.

As long as you know the mod does it it's not terrible. Hit slow if you want smooth. Bump the fire button if you want a little rough. Double puffing his like hot boxing.
I switch over to VW when I want a change from TC, and that's definitely a change.

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
If you have to save up for a RTA, I would get one that is very versatile, so you only have to buy one to experiment with a lot of different styles to find the vape/build you'll like.

In my mind the Aromamizer Supreme v2 would be a good candidate: It is both single and dual coil, it has different decks (postless, single coil, velocity style (with single coil plug) and diferrent tank sizes. Also great flavor and easy to build.......

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I'm the same way. Tried fancy coils, dual coils, etc. None of them ever gave as a good a vape as a single for me.

Same here. MTL has satisfied me since 2010. Single coil decks are easy to build and easy to maintain. I have a box full of wannabe RTA's that were good, but Kayfun and Beserker are really all I need.

That said, I'm stocked up for an FDA surprise attack.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
FWIW, most any wire works well for specific applications. It's wire gauge that determines the sweet spot in power level. 28ga works well for MTL wattage. 26ga and larger play well at higher wattage.

Here's a good tutorial that explains wire type and wire gauge for specific vaping applications.
An Easy Guide for Learning the Basics of Vape Wires - Vaping360

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread