Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
For a mech to autofire is a bad thing. The best fix is to take out the batteries immediately, post haste, and throw the mod far far away. Then go out and buy a good quality regulated mod before you or your friend become another news story about how dangerous vaping is.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
My friend has a Solstice mec mod which is trying to fire the tank when no one is touching it, and even when it's turned off! I've never seen ANY mod do this, can anyone tell me what's causing it and how to fix it?

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
A mech and an unregulated internal battery mod are not the same thing. It’s not a mech. There is no fix. The battery electronics (most likely the button plc looking at a pic of the thing) have gone bad. It’s a disposable sealed device. Dispose of it.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Autofiring is worse than not firing at all. I know it sucks to get rid of something that seems like it "works" in a way and might be fixable, but really junk it.

Imagine if your (non Tesla and non Herbie) car started driving itself and it would not stop. (I even find Herbie creepy to be honest.) Would you be all like, "Well, it's a perfectly good car, and it drives, so I will mess with it a bit."

I wouldn't, I would call the junkyard immediately and be like," Will you please let me pay you to come "get" this car if you can coax it onto the tow truck without it blowing up."

Sorry car metaphors are my favorite when it comes to vaping safety, so another one comes along.

But no, junk it. Take the batteries out and get rid of it. Maybe bury it or something.
Anna

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Smokey James, take the battery out and bin it as it's dangerous.

2s4kx8.jpg

Then advise getting something better, like a Smoant Battlestar Mini from fasttech. I've got 2 on order myself, one for my Ma and one for myself as a little something. Also trying to get my Ma to stop smoking, at least vaping is a little safer that smoking and it certainly smells better. Then I've got to help sort her a tank for her style as well as liquids, then the fun really begins.

And sorry for the self generated meme, you're welcome to pinch it. But with great power comes great responsibility.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
My friend has a Solstice mec mod which is trying to fire the tank when no one is touching it, and even when it's turned off! I've never seen ANY mod do this, can anyone tell me what's causing it and how to fix it?

Smokey, sorry, it sucks, but do not use that mod. It's just not safe.

There are a lot of good vape products out there, ask and we can help you with that :)

Smokey James

Unresolved Status
Jan 19, 2019

There are a lot of good vape products out there, ask and we can help you with that :)
I really appreciate everyone's responses to my question. Yes, I recommended to him that he throw it away. He bought the Solstice at a wholesale tobacco store, so it's basically a disposable mod but similar to a smok vape pen 22. My experience is with regulated mods such as the Kaos Z, Fuchai, Rader Mage, etc. So while I promised to ask this question, I've already recommended he dispose of it! As he is a new vaper, and loves the style of my "Box Mods" but cannot vape DL, can anyone suggest a simple MTL mini box mod? I myself started with kanger top tank evod, and switched to an endura t22. Then I bought a Joyetech procore air plus, and a Kaos Z. I don't have a clue what to recommend to him!

Reactions: stols001

Smokey James

Unresolved Status
Jan 19, 2019

My buddy bought the bloody thing from a wholesale tobacco store. I told him that they're not worth it. But it was only $16. Does anyone know of a pen mod for $16 or less he could buy? I prefer box mods, and just ordered a snowwolf mfeng kit.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Imagine if your (non Tesla and non Herbie) car started driving itself and it would not stop.

Not to derail the thread but this actually happened to a girl I dated long ago. She was driving her truck and the linkage to the accelerator broke. For those that don't know, when this happens it forces the accelerator to FULL THROTTLE and nothing you can do from inside the car will stop it until you kill the engine. She stomped on the breaks until the pads were completely gone and the truck just kept on going full speed ahead. She hit several cars (glancing blows) before she was finally able to completely turn the engine off and roll to a stop (remember she no longer had breaks at this point). Considering she was entering a school zone with stopped traffic, it could have been a whole lot worse. Thank goodness there was a bit of a shoulder for her to get over to. Believe it or not, no one was seriously injured and she was grateful to be alive. I guess my point is, you don't have to have Herbie to end up in a runaway car.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Not to derail the thread but this actually happened to a girl I dated long ago. She was driving her truck and the linkage to the accelerator broke. For those that don't know, when this happens it forces the accelerator to FULL THROTTLE and nothing you can do from inside the car will stop it until you kill the engine. She stomped on the breaks until the pads were completely gone and the truck just kept on going full speed ahead. She hit several cars (glancing blows) before she was finally able to completely turn the engine off and roll to a stop (remember she no longer had breaks at this point). Considering she was entering a school zone with stopped traffic, it could have been a whole lot worse. Thank goodness there was a bit of a shoulder for her to get over to. Believe it or not, no one was seriously injured and she was grateful to be alive. I guess my point is, you don't have to have Herbie to end up in a runaway car.

That's scary. It's tough to know what to do in that situation with everything happening so quickly. Glad no one was seriously hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread