Some Campaign Ideas Write Themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
1 to 2 years ago, if I were discussing something eCig related on topic of health, with a non-vaper, I'd expect them to cite some CDC point as to why eCigs need to be treated as dangerous. Internally, I'd be like this is complete BS, and I've seen this particular info cited umpteen times, while debunked at least 5 times. But externally, I'd just be rhetorically asking, "do you think the CDC might be wrong about this?" And see where the discussion goes, and realize they are very unlikely to budge from the sheer faith they have in the CDC.

In today's world, vaping politics is very much being ignored unless you pay close attention to vaping politics. I'd say everyone I know irl, including most vapers, are ignoring it. Yet, front and center, is how CDC faith/trust has been steeply eroding over the past 6 to 12 months.

Given the latest episode in that saga, I think if/when vaping politics returns to having brief national spotlight on it, it'll be very very hard to rely on CDC talking points for anyone making the case of eCigs are dangerous. IMO, the erosion of that blind faith benefits our side of the equation. I'd say significantly, but we'll see just how much when we get there.

I honestly remember on like day 3 of the pandemic thinking, wow if this goes on for awhile, the amount of BS the alphabet agencies usually spout, will be made way more clear. To a whole lot of people. At that time, I truly believed this ought to be of great use to political fight around vaping. Only helps our case that they tried to take us down (via vaping lung issues, people dying) right before pandemic. And failed miserably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread