Some things I learned dealing with a possible PG reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doglips

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2012
Cocoa Fl
Some things I learned dealing with a possible PG reaction.

5 weeks ago I got what looked like bug bites on my legs. between my knees and ankles. I work in buildings and outside so at first figured bug bites. I treated them with calaclear lotion and other over the counter stuff. The bites got worse.

I seen my doctor. Since the red bumps, were between my knee and ankle, the hem of my shorts to the start of my socks. We agreed it was bites or a allergic reaction. Well again I use a lot of chemicals, coil cleaners degreasers and such so sounds about right. I had my prescriptions filled and took the antibiotics and oral steroids. After 2 more weeks they were looking much worse.

So called the doctor and got some steroid cream to apply and set up a follow up appointment.

But now I was ??? the cause...I did a search on this site and it seems that it might be a reaction to PG...I use a 50/50 mix of PG/VG. So ordered and am still waiting on some 100% VG nicotine...but changed my mix to 75% VG since I had the stuff on hand.

Next was looking at my soap...since especially after a shower the rash looks very red. I at first figured the heat or scrubbing irritated it. Finally I looked at the labels...2 of my soaps had PG in them. So IF I am reacting to PG in my juice...scrubbing the sores with PG sure seems silly in hind site.

Next I looked at the clear calamine lotion I had been pouring all over my legs....yep PG right on the label. So now I realize that without knowing...and since I am not a doctor and have not had a doctor say this is a PG reaction this is just a guess....but IF I am was reacting to PG....then I made it much worse by scrubbing with PG and then coating my legs with PG.

I switched to a soap that has no PG...and labeled for sensitive skin.

The current prescription medication seems to be working...switching soap and not not slapping PG on my legs also, I believe, seems to be helping.

I do not want to list brands of soap or allergy creams...and I am not a doctor...but IF you suspect your reacting to PG....you might also want to read the ingredients of the products you put on your skin or sores...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread