Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
Hahaha...I wish I could help you, but I can't even tell you how much we've spent on vaping since we started almost a year ago. Husband became a collector of mods. Oh dear...I DON'T want to know how much he has spent. The one thing I do know...is that we spend about $50 a month on vaping now....each....which is a heck of a lot better than the $400 be spent collectively per month on cigarettes. You'll find your happy space and the spending will slow down. :)

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
I hear you. I'm two months into it and have spent a small fortune on juice and back-up supplies. Finally I have a handful of juices I really love so I will stop experimenting and just reorder those until I tire of them. Rest of my collection is equally ok, blah, and unvapable. Be grateful you have a friend to share/taste juices with you.

The new hardware itch is now starting to hit and I'm dreaming about upgrades. Supposedly mods and DIY come next.

My advice is to don't over buy back up supplies because your tastes may keep changing.

When the novelty wears off, the addict keeps looking for something new. Cigarette savings justifies every purchase. Vendors must love us, but I agree it is ridiculous.

I'm going to have to quit reading this forum because it tempts me in so many directions.:vapor::vapor:

......Now, where was that thread recommending JoyE ego??.........

Last edited:

VapNfool

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Texas
Well...I've spent alomost $1000.00 in three weeks but I think I'll have all that I need. Except for more juices, cartomizers, atomizers, batteries, chargers, and the next new PV that hits the market. Got my VaporKing and tons of supplies for it and just ordered a new ProVari with a slew of accessories. I SHOUD be good to go for awhile...and yes...DIY is prolly next for me. Gotta stock up for the potential FDA apocalypse. *sigh* Oh well...no matter what I spend, it can't compare to dying of cancer or being crippled from emphysema. Any amount of money spent on vaping is postively worth it compared to those consequences. Prolly no need to worry anyway....according to the Mayans, around Dec 2012...it's gonna be over for the human species.

......Now, where was that thread recommending JoyE ego??.........

Oooooh an Ego? Where??

Last edited:

porkchopsisgood

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2011
Cape Coral, FL USA
Well...I've spent alomost $1000.00 in three weeks but I think I'll have all that I need.

You, my friend, are about to be a store owner...lol. You definitely have the correct handle on this forum: VapNfool suits you! :)

I think, no matter what, you're certainly doing yourself a favor compared to spending that small fortune on "coffin nails." Think of this as a year's worth of vaping supplies over about 3-5 month's cigarette investment. You can't go wrong there.

Last edited:

VapNfool

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Texas
Even though I've dropped some healthy cash in three weeks...it's about to slow down alot...I think. With all my 808 gear (12 battys -manual/auto, PCC, and 4 chargers), juices (about 30 or so atm...15 & 30ml), prefilled cartos (around 20), blanks (15 or so), cleaned up cartos (approx. 15) AND my new ProVari w/ accessories coming soon (drip tips, adapters, around 25 attys, 6 battys [3-18650 1600mah & 3-18650 3000mah], 2 chargers, and a VapeMate)...I'm prolly good to go for quite awhile. Juices should be the only purchases for sometime hopefully. The Provari should cover all the variable options and I always have my VaporKing if I wanna go light n fast. Oh...did I mention I'm building a doghouse for my pup out of all the damn cart condoms I have?

But...all this doesn't guarantee that sometime in the near future you won't hear me yelling....N-U-R-S-E!!!

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
Even though I've dropped some healthy cash in three weeks...it's about to slow down alot...I think. With all my 808 gear (12 battys -manual/auto, PCC, and 4 chargers), juices (about 30 or so atm...15 & 30ml), prefilled cartos (around 20), blanks (15 or so), cleaned up cartos (approx. 15) AND my new ProVari w/ accessories coming soon (drip tips, adapters, around 25 attys, 6 battys [3-18650 1600mah & 3-18650 3000mah], 2 chargers, and a VapeMate)...I'm prolly good to go for quite awhile. Juices should be the only purchases for sometime hopefully. The Provari should cover all the variable options and I always have my VaporKing if I wanna go light n fast. Oh...did I mention I'm building a doghouse for my pup out of all the damn cart condoms I have?

But...all this doesn't guarantee that sometime in the near future you won't hear me yelling....N-U-R-S-E!!!

Only one bit of advise. The Vari is awesome but as you dial up voltage it is a juice eating pig. I have found DIY effectively combats the increased juice consumption. Just to note I am plowing about 10mls/day into it. You will be loving the unit once it arrives and I would also suggest getting a lower nic sauce since you will not be able to put the thing down when you get it. This will save you from getting serious nic head.

benjayman2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2010
Chicago, IL
Well...I've spent alomost $1000.00 in three weeks but I think I'll have all that I need. Except for more juices, cartomizers, atomizers, batteries, chargers, and the next new PV that hits the market. Got my VaporKing and tons of supplies for it and just ordered a new ProVari with a slew of accessories. I SHOUD be good to go for awhile...and yes...DIY is prolly next for me. Gotta stock up for the potential FDA apocalypse. *sigh* Oh well...no matter what I spend, it can't compare to dying of cancer or being crippled from emphysema. Any amount of money spent on vaping is postively worth it compared to those consequences. Prolly no need to worry anyway....according to the Mayans, around Dec 2012...it's gonna be over for the human species.

Oooooh an Ego? Where??

Wow a G from two PVs and accessories? Okay you can stop now. Thats what you were asking for in the first place right? :p

VapNfool

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Texas
Only one bit of advise. The Vari is awesome but as you dial up voltage it is a juice eating pig. I have found DIY effectively combats the increased juice consumption. Just to note I am plowing about 10mls/day into it. You will be loving the unit once it arrives and I would also suggest getting a lower nic sauce since you will not be able to put the thing down when you get it. This will save you from getting serious nic head.

Yup Liv. I thought of that. Looks like juice will be the only purchases for awhile after a start going thru what I have atm. Gonna be doing some serious research on DIY for the same reason you mentioned above. Thanks!

Wow a G from two PVs and accessories? Okay you can stop now. Thats what you were asking for in the first place right?

Thank gawd you came along Jay! That's all I needed. All is good in house of VapNfool now.

xg4bx

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2010
Phillipsburg, New Jersey
it eventually slows down. i usually go whole hog into every hobby i get into but as time goes by enthusiasm wanes and it simply replaces your cigarettes, nothing more. at least for me it did.

i used to spend hours looking at stuff, now it's maybe a 5 minute, sub-$50 purchase every 2 or 3 weeks. juice, cartos, done.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I started out heavy but nothing like you, VapnFool ! I ordered a 510 kit and followed that with an Ego kit. I spent a lot on juices to find some that were daily vapes. After that, it was an atomizer or battery here and there and a boatload of small juice bottles to try.

It does get better and you can always go over to the Pay It Forward forum or one of the swap and sell forums to trade or sell your dislikes. There's always someone who loves what you think is not what you expected. We all have varied tastes.

jeannest

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2010
New York
The fear of an e-cig ban has feuled my buying spree. My collection is more like a hoard.

Me too! I bought so many batteries, cartos and juice this week that my bank actually froze my card until I called them and verified that I made the charges. They saw the unusual spending and thought someone had stolen my card! :) In one day, I ordered from V4L 2x, Backwoods Brew, Ms. T's, NHaler, Tasty Vapor, Good Prophets and LiteCig! :) I'm scared of the ban (NY) and the FDA. I don't want to be in a position where I have to go back to analogs so I'm trying to purchase several years of vaping equipment. I know the juice won't last that long, so I'll have to purchase some DIY eventually or go down to 0 nic. I imagine that juice vendors will still be able to ship to NY if we order the juice without nicotine. Ordering directly from China and hoping the goods don't get seized is another possible long term option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread