Not open for further replies.

mourningshadow

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
www.aaronaltman.com
I have discovered (I think) why the flavors change colors for some and not for others. I made a batch of Cake for a friend and put it in a clear glass bottle. Within a day, it turned a light orange. The batch of Cake I made for myself in an amber glass bottle stayed clear. I think these flavors change color when exposed to light. Food for thought.

That makes sense but I think it is more the nicotine that is effected. I've made 3 bottles now of the same exact flavorings and the one I left sitting out on my counter turned pink while the two I had in my steep box stayed pretty much clear.

Also I made two bottles with two different nicotine's, one from RTS (turned pink) and one from VZ (turned yellow) with the same flavoring's at the same strength.

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
That's where it takes alot of trial and error to end up with what you are looking for. Always a good idea of taking notes. Never know when you will come by that perfect mix ...... maybe by accident

I did a little test last night. 5ml bottle, I put 2 drops of Gourmet Strawberry and 1 drop of Watermelon. Is this the fruit version of Cream Charlotte? lol I can't taste anything but the watermelon. It's like there is no strawberry in it!

michaelsil1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Los Angeles
Why too much? Are you vaping more because they taste so good or can you taste the nic? I'm using 15-16mg right now.

This might be just me, but some Flavors don't taste as good with higher Nicotine Levels. I'm really tasting the Nicotine in these Bakery Flavors so I lowered the Nicotine just to see if it tastes better, that's why I'm curious.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Have a question about the Creme Brulee. I believe stashbldr mentioned that perhaps Creme Brulee would need to be mixed at a higher %. I just made some using 60PG/40VG 8mg nic base @ ~1.2% flavor. I can definitely taste the Creme Brulee and it is good, but doesn't seem to be "in my face" like some of the other flavors. I'm leery of over flavoring, but wonder if anyone else has had experience with Creme Brulee who could give me some advice. I'm tempted to go to perhaps 1.5%, but don't want to ruin things. Any help is greatly appreciated.

stashbldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
Florida
Have a question about the Creme Brulee. I believe stashbldr mentioned that perhaps Creme Brulee would need to be mixed at a higher %. I just made some using 60PG/40VG 8mg nic base @ ~1.2% flavor. I can definitely taste the Creme Brulee and it is good, but doesn't seem to be "in my face" like some of the other flavors. I'm leery of over flavoring, but wonder if anyone else has had experience with Creme Brulee who could give me some advice. I'm tempted to go to perhaps 1.5%, but don't want to ruin things. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi, I mixed mine at 1 drop per 2ml (approx 1%), mixed it for my sister that way too and we both like it a lot.

mayamason

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
North Carolina
Just had to go back and order more of the Gourmet Cake. Good grief I can't get over how good this stuff is. 8 drops in 15 ml, plus one drop of Cream and Charlotte.

Still trying to find the sweet spot with the chocolate truffle, though. I mixed it up at 1 drop per 2ml, and it just tastes sorta...IDK...boring? Flat? I can't put my finger on it, and not being very good at describing flavors probably doesn't help. At the moment I'm vaping it with a tiny bit of whipped cream added to it and it isn't bad at all. But I'd really like to find something that makes it just WOW.

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
Still trying to find the sweet spot with the chocolate truffle, though. I mixed it up at 1 drop per 2ml, and it just tastes sorta...IDK...boring? Flat?

I added some CAP Fudge Brownie for more choc.
It gave it a lot more flavor.
I have some just plain VZ chocolate that I want to try in it too.

I think adding a fruit like strawberry would zing it too ... maybe even some orange cream,
a hint of peppermint, or some caramel.

In any case, I agree with you that it needs help.
It has a good flavor, but is lacking a little some thing to send it over the top.
In any case, it won't go to waste in my house.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
stashbldr..... Thanks for your reply...... I think maybe the Creme Brulee needed to "meld" a little because now at 1% it tastes fantastic.
I can't get over how much I enjoy these new (to me) flavors. I want to check the VZ site multiple times a day to see if they got a new shipment in. I know I have asked to be notified, but still......lol.

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
Based on previous shipments it will be a while before they restock. Probably close to 60 days....
stashbldr..... Thanks for your reply...... I think maybe the Creme Brulee needed to "meld" a little because now at 1% it tastes fantastic.
I can't get over how much I enjoy these new (to me) flavors. I want to check the VZ site multiple times a day to see if they got a new shipment in. I know I have asked to be notified, but still......lol.

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
Based on previous shipments it will be a while before they restock. Probably close to 60 days....

Thats too long---I need some Tobacco :facepalm: Never got the Cake thanks to this thread either...lol I think I am going to get the Coffee and just keep hoarding the other tobaccos that are left----sigh----.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread