Status
Not open for further replies.

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
I'm sure this was mentioned earlier and it is going to sound like one of those dreaded "are we there yet?" questions, but does anyone know roughly when the last order was placed? Just being nosy......and somewhat childish and/or impatient.....lol.

You are not alone horton believe me. I am also wondering about the person who ordered on his/her own if he ever got them. I check this thread every time I log in ;)

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
I alctuallu mixed te creme brulee at 4% since was way to subtle for me and I like it a lot more than at 2 % . Still not the flavor I was expecting but still good . I had to add brown sugar , vinilin , caramel and custard to make it into more if a real creme brule for me .

I'll have to try that too.
I made all my testers with solo flavors just to see what they tasted like.
Had to add more choc to the chocolate truffle
and so far ... don't like the creme burlee,
The charlotte tests went down the drain, after several tries at finding a way to improve it.
The sponge cake is not fairing any better, and the cake has a nice lemon flavor and would be good if it
didn't have that yuckie background taste in it.
I thought that maybe they were too strong after steeping for 10 days, so I kept diluting them down and testing,
until the taste was mostly gone, and they never got any better.

Sorry gang, but the taste buds are not happy at all with the latest purchases, except the truffle.
In all fairness, I'm going to go for round two of testing, but this time adding another flavor to them... except the cake ...yuk

I know I'm a wet blanket, with everyone else loving them like they do, but ....it looks like they will gather a LOT of dust in my house.
I'll try, but some tastes you just can't hide, and I have too many good ones to ever force feed these to myself.
They won't even make it to the kitchen for a good slurpee.

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
Everybody's taste are different thanks for honest review

I'll have to try that too.
I made all my testers with solo flavors just to see what they tasted like.
Had to add more choc to the chocolate truffle
and so far ... don't like the creme burlee,
The charlotte tests went down the drain, after several tries at finding a way to improve it.
The sponge cake is not fairing any better, and the cake has a nice lemon flavor and would be good if it
didn't have that yuckie background taste in it.
I thought that maybe they were too strong after steeping for 10 days, so I kept diluting them down and testing,
until the taste was mostly gone, and they never got any better.

Sorry gang, but the taste buds are not happy at all with the latest purchases, except the truffle.
In all fairness, I'm going to go for round two of testing, but this time adding another flavor to them... except the cake ...yuk

I know I'm a wet blanket, with everyone else loving them like they do, but ....it looks like they will gather a LOT of dust in my house.
I'll try, but some tastes you just can't hide, and I have too many good ones to ever force feed these to myself.
They won't even make it to the kitchen for a good slurpee.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Well, I may as well throw in my 2 cents here in terms of flavor testing. I feel lucky in that so far I've yet to get a flavor that I do not dislike. A few aren't exactly what I had in mind, but they were close enough for my "buds". The caramel (think I got the last bottle) was amazing. It's the first one I have tried that is just about true to flavor. It does have a sort of caramelized (lousy word choice) taste or something to that effect, but I really enjoy it. And don't get me started about the chocolate truffle. It is amazing. I even enjoy the chocolate and really enjoyed mixing the choc. and choc. truffle -- gave more chocolate flavor if that is possible. The sweet vanilla is good, but needs something. I may try adding some 10% vanillin and see what happens. Guess this hasn't been much of a true review, but this is what I've tasted so far. Since so many of the flavors are sold out (probably due to hoarders, but not naming any names), I can't try several that I'd like to.
Is is sixty days yet? No, it should be less now -- maybe something like 54 days. Am I being a little OCD? I can't help it. I've finally found flavors that live up to their claims and can't get my hands on them. Bummer, as those of us from the 60's would say. I'm going to try and find something to distract me for 54 days now. Hopefully it will be something productive....lol. Hope my hounds are ready for some long speed walks!!

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
Since so many of the flavors are sold out (probably due to hoarders, but not naming any names), I can't try several that I'd like to.

Horton, send me a PM with the flavors your dying to try, and maybe I can save the day.
I am open to trading 5ml samples of any flavors, not just VZ.
But I bet I got in on some of the Gourmets you missed, because I was ready to pounce when they notified me "in stock"
I know of 4 of them I'm very willing to reduce or part with :rolleyes:

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: no business related posts permitted - only the supplier can discuss business in his own advertising

river.guy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Bullhead City, AZ
Encouraging news... my order finally hit the US!! Been a while since I checked in, but got this update from USPS notifier today and wanted to continue sharing my experience thus far:

This is a post-only message. Please do not respond.

Track & Confirm e-mail update information provided by the U.S. Postal Service.

Label Number: CA026610888RU

Service Type: International Parcels

Shipment Activity Location Date & Time
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Depart USPS Sort Facility JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097 October 16, 2013
Processed through USPS Sort Facility JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097 October 16, 2013 2:17 pm
Processed Through Sort Facility MOSKVA, RUSSIAN FEDERATION September 14, 2013 8:33 pm
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Reminder: Track & Confirm by email

Date of email request: October 2, 2013

Future activity will continue to be emailed for up to 2 weeks from the Date of Request shown above. If you need to initiate the Track & Confirm by email process again at the end of the 2 weeks, please do so at the USPS Track & Confirm web site at http://www.usps.com/shipping/trackandconfirm.htm

retrox

Flavor Chaser
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2013
NC, USA
That's great, river.guy! Not such an awful experience after all, eh? You're soon to be up to your neck in these flavors, whether you like 'em or not. Uh... and if you don't, PM me so we can work something out. :laugh:

I'm absolutely destroying my stash of cake and chocolate truffle over here. Even worse, I've got a friend hooked on them now so I have to share. What was I thinking?!

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
Horton, send me a PM with the flavors your dying to try, and maybe I can save the day.
I am open to trading 5ml samples of any flavors, not just VZ.
But I bet I got in on some of the Gourmets you missed, because I was ready to pounce when they notified me "in stock"
I know of 4 of them I'm very willing to reduce or part with :rolleyes:

Slots I have sent you a pm as well :)

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
Hey ... I resemble that remark ;-)

too bad Slots likes the Truffle :p anybody who doesn't like the Truffle PM me. I am still interested in the Cake just out of curiousity. Pretty hooked on the flavors I primarily use minus the Charlotte which I use to use it-- but could live without it. I've been experimenting with the tobaccos and the spongecake and caramel in tiny amounts. The main thing I have figured out is less is more with these. I also tried to use the VZ sc's with the Gourmet and have had some good results there too.

mayamason

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
North Carolina
I'm currently rocking the truffle in a 15% EM mix with 1.5% SC cherry myself. Decadence.

Wait, what? That sounds good. What do you mean by "in a 15% EM mix"? I have EM (well, pre-mixed 10% EM) and SC Cherry, and I'd love to try this recipe, I'm just not sure what your SC truffle and EM proportions are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread