Status
Not open for further replies.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Just curious, I could of sworn I’ve read in several places PG lasted longer. Did I just remember incorrectly?
    Nude Nicotine had written PG would last longer due to its anti-microbial properties.
    Kurt the chemist thought VG would last longer due to its viscosity.
    I have found no difference in ethier after 5 years in the freezer.
    Have 6 ltrs of PG and 6 ltrs of VG base for back up.
    I prefer working with the PG base tho.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 12, 2016
    California
    Thanks, @puffon i appreciate it
    Nude Nicotine had written PG would last longer due to its anti-microbial properties.
    Kurt the chemist thought VG would last longer due to its viscosity.
    I have found no difference in ethier after 5 years in the freezer.
    Have 6 ltrs of PG and 6 ltrs of VG base for back up.
    I prefer working with the PG base tho.

Reactions: puffon

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    my nicotine is in a 50/50 mix.
    it seems liquid in the freezer.
    i forgot to put it in small bottles.

must i bring it to room temp before i pour some out?
    i worry that extra freeze/thaw cycles aren't great.
    Neither PG, VG or any mixture of the two will undergo a phase change to solid at residential freezer temperatures; they will simply become more viscous.

I always let my nic base come to room temperature before opening the bottle. Reason: Condensation. Take a bottle out of the freezer and it will almost instantly form frost on the outside, and if you take the cap off, it will form inside too. It pulls moisture from the air. I do not want and unknown amount of water mixing with my base.

However, I generally only remove and open a bottle of 100 mg base once. I mix down the whole 120 ml bottle into vapable strength (in my case currently 13 mg/ml). This yields about 7 bottles of vapable base, and all but one of these go back in the freezer. One stays out to get vaped as is, or mixed with flavorings in 30 ml bottles.

My flavored liquids use no more than 3-5% flavorings so I don't worry about the reduction in nic strength or the change in PG/VG ratio that adding flavorings to my vapable base produces.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 12, 2016
    California
    Forgive the naive question, but if it never becomes a solid, does that means it doesn’t expand in the freezer?
    Neither PG, VG or any mixture of the two will undergo a phase change to solid at residential freezer temperatures; they will simply become more viscous.

I always let my nic base come to room temperature before opening the bottle. Reason: Condensation. Take a bottle out of the freezer and it will almost instantly form frost on the outside, and if you take the cap off, it will form inside too. It pulls moisture from the air. I do not want and unknown amount of water mixing with my base.

However, I generally only remove and open a bottle of 100 mg base once. I mix down the whole 120 ml bottle into vapable strength (in my case currently 13 mg/ml). This yields about 7 bottles of vapable base, and all but one of these go back in the freezer. One stays out to get vaped as is, or mixed with flavorings in 30 ml bottles.

My flavored liquids use no more than 3-5% flavorings so I don't worry about the reduction in nic strength or the change in PG/VG ratio that adding flavorings to my vapable base produces.

• Agree
    Reactions: IDJoel
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread