rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
Hmmm...

Vortex Acrylic APV

click!

:blink: Boy does that look like a really dumb, pointless, non-purposeful, non-functional idea.

I vote: gimmick.

Actually, this design is based on something Scubabatdan was making like 2(maybe 3) years or so ago in the modders forum. His purpose for building it was to help a friend with some kind of condition(can't remember specifically) that made it difficult to inhale deeply the way one does with a traditional atomizer. Scubabatdan went to great lengths to make sure it was perfected because he intended to have them sold for others who may have a similar condition. I personally wonder if these are any part of his work, or a copy.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Actually, this design is based on something Scubabatdan was making like 2(maybe 3) years or so ago in the modders forum. His purpose for building it was to help a friend with some kind of condition(can't remember specifically) that made it difficult to inhale deeply the way one does with a traditional atomizer. Scubabatdan went to great lengths to make sure it was perfected because he intended to have them sold for others who may have a similar condition. I personally wonder if these are any part of his work, or a copy.

That purpose I can appreciate. But I fail to see how any significant positive pressure can be achieved by a fast and loose - and small - design for it to do much of anything. You know how tight the draw can be on some devices. Madvapes is putting out like this is a perfect err... "thing" for all toppers. Oh, and they claim "a built in fan for increased vapor production." The "increased vapor production" sounds like a bit of a stretch.

If Dan patented his design perhaps someone should let him know.

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
That purpose I can appreciate. But I fail to see how any significant positive pressure can be achieved by a fast and loose - and small - design for it to do much of anything. You know how tight the draw can be on some devices. Madvapes is putting out like this is a perfect err... "thing" for all toppers. Oh, and they claim "a built in fan for increased vapor production." The "increased vapor production" sounds like a bit of a stretch.

If Dan patented his design perhaps someone should let him know.

I may take a peak at his threads and see if anyone has said anything.

I doubt theirs can put out that much... Here's a video of him testing out one of his early modules, and were designed quite a bit tighter to force the air up. Jump to the 55 seconds mark.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrYQ15SfYwI&list=UU0Uif5TahEuf_l4-xTV00KQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread