Soooo confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

genelman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2012
Fairfax, Virginia
I started two months ago with the Blu, I am glad that Blu was my first choice because they have great flavors like the Cherry Crush, which I am still addicted to it, then I moved to the mictic, Volt, Greensmoke, and finally after doing tons of research i bought the kGo, now I am considering buying the Provari. what I am trying to say here, is that you have to experience a trial period in hope of finding what you are truly seeking.

parkay

Jan 15, 2012
lex, ky, usa
i recommend either a eGo-t or eGo-c to get started.

then i recommend adding a DCT (dual coil tank) for whatever flavor you find that you prefer. good clean taste and you can fill it up in the morning and vape all day

then use the ego carts for your alternate flavors

i keep kamel in my 6ml DCT, parma violet in my 3.5ml DCT. i also keep menthol and vanilla ego carts handy for a change of pace

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Definitely a good choice on the Riva 1100 mAh battery over the small ego 3.4v, 650 mAh battery. I think the E-Power is the best overall option in this category, but both the Kgo and Riva are also good options and all three are a little better than the smaller battery eGo.

I find the e-power to limiting because of it's non compatable cone threads. It is the least used mod that I own.
    Are you aware that there is even an 18650 eGo? You can find 900,1100, and 1300mAh eGo bats everywhere.

Again, pulse regulated 3.4v or unregulated 3.7v is simply a matter of taste.
    Yes I like 3.7v provided the battery is large enough, but for when I want the smaller form of the 650mAh bat (Riva also has a 650mah bat) I'll take the regulated voltage every time, and just put a lower resistance atty/carto on it.
    The reality is that there are only a few places that actually make these, most out there are rebranded Joye or SmokTech.

Last edited:

wv2win

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 10, 2009
    GA by way of WV
    I find the e-power to limiting because of it's non compatable cone threads. Are you aware that there is even an 18650 eGo? You can find 900,1100, and 1300mAh eGo bats everywhere.

Again, pulse regulated 3.4v or unregulated 3.7v is simply a matter of taste.
    Yes I like 3.7v provided the battery is large enough, but for when I want the smaller form of the 650mAh bat (Riva also has a 650mah bat) I'll take the regulated voltage every time, and just put a lower resistance atty/carto on it.

For those who like colder vapor and less battery time, then the standard eGo could be the way to go. And yes I know that ego has larger batteries over their standard battery that they charge more for, which you conveniently forgot to mention. Why pay more when you can get a 1000+ mAh battery standard on the three I suggested???

And everyone I have talked with who use E-Powers regularly do not agree that it is limiting in what they use on it. I know I never did. And I've found from all the posts on the various vaping sites I've read, as well as the vape get-togethers I've been to, more people tend to like warmer vapor instead of the colder vapor from a 3.4 volt model. And I guess I tend to see the points made by all of those vapers who use better battery models, that the warmer vapor and consistency that comes with larger batteries is preferred by them over putting a LR atty, that eats battery power, on a small 3.4 volt PV. But there are exceptions and I'm glad it works for you. But the incessant recommending of the smaller battery eGo as the only model that will meet all needs, to the exclusion of many other models that are equally and in many respects better, is what is truely limiting. It's why I recommend several models.

Last edited:

finalnode

Moved On
    Mar 24, 2012
    South East Asia
    • Deleted by classwife
    • Reason: TOS- Moved on

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Hickory, NC
    Lessee you might be able to find them a little cheaper but, my quick search came up with a special price on a 1300 MAH ego battery for $26.99. AW IMR is considered one of the best 18650s. You can get a 1600 MAH AW IMR for $9.49. I don't know why you'd buy one when you can get a 2000 MAH AW IMR for $10.95 at the same site. Also with generic batteries, you aren't limited to vaping sites for replacements.

If you ever want to step off into mods, you're going to need those generic batteries and a charger. They represent a significant additional expenditure that can be avoided, if you already have them.

The ego e-power 3.7V at Liberty Flights is $59.99. Click the discount codes link at the top and get a code good for 20% off and it's $47.99. That's with 2 2800 MAH batts and a charger. It's a better deal as far as I'm concerned.

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    charge more for,

So does Riva

And everyone I have talked with who use E-Powers regularly do not agree that it is limiting in what they use on it. I know I never did.

Looks nice on there doesn't it, even had to use an adapter just to put it on

P1000556.jpg

As stated before the e-power cone threads are an entity all their own

And I've found from all the posts on the various vaping sites I've read, as well as the vape get-togethers I've been to, more people tend to like warmer vapor instead of the colder vapor from a 3.4 volt model. And I guess I tend to see the points made by all of those vapers who use better battery models, that the warmer vapor and consistency that comes with larger batteries is preferred by them over putting a LR atty, that eats battery power, on a small 3.4 volt PV. But there are exceptions and I'm glad it works for you.

AGAIN simply a matter of individual taste

But the incessant recommending of the smaller battery eGo as the only model that will meet all needs, to the exclusion of many other models that are equally and in many respects better, is what is truely limiting

Never done that

You have frequently seen me recommend "eGo type", which includes all of the battery sizes and makes.
    A good place to start is to get an eGo type starter kit, and there are many to choose from. Some like the pulse regulated 3.4v eGo, others like the unregulated 3.7v Riva/Kgo batteries. That is just personal choice. It's the eGo type platform that is really being suggested, not any specific brand, because of the versatility.

Last edited:

wv2win

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 10, 2009
    GA by way of WV
    You have frequently seen me recommend "eGo type", which includes all of the battery sizes and makes

For a noob, recommending "ego type" is way too nebulous and not that helpful. I also notice you never explain the advantages of the better battery models, such as the much better price of the E-Power batteries or that you have to pay more for the 1000+ mah battery on an ego. Your prejuidice through omission is obvious. And the cone on an E-Power is purely cosmetic. There are tanks that you can't use the cone on the ego. If you are that concerned with "looks", then why not just recommend a Blu, lol.

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I also notice you never explain the advantages of the better battery models.

WHAT :facepalm:
    Me thinks you need to get out of the noob section more often.
    There really are reasons that my SB has an IMR battery in it (there is a booster in there with the battery), and my Mako has a protected Li Ion battery in it (for longer charge life).
    I would also point out that most of the eGo, Riva, Kgo's have the exact same cells in them (depending on mAh). It is only the switch ckt that is different. None of those companies make the batteries that are in them.

Chrissie

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Having found the forum and continued to research - and with the great advice from you guys - I have now decided on the Riva 1100 Deluxe Kit from VapeEscape.co.uk (with the atties swapped for Boge cartos) and have added five trial juices from the Grizwald pick'n'mix. The current plan is to use the Skycig at work and the Riva at home when it arrives (hopefully on Monday).

I'm already down to 3-5 cigs a day, so watch this space!

Well done OneDay :) My neighbours that I bought the same kits for last weekend, are gobsmacked with them :D Jason @ vape Escape always adds a freebie or 2 - looking forward to hearing how you get on & what freebie he included :D

wv2win

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 10, 2009
    GA by way of WV
    WHAT :facepalm:
    Me thinks you need to get out of the noob section more often.
    There really are reasons that my SB has an IMR battery in it (there is a booster in there with the battery), and my Mako has a protected Li Ion battery in it (for longer charge life).
    I would also point out that most of the eGo, Riva, Kgo's have the exact same cells in them (depending on mAh). It is only the switch ckt that is different. None of those companies make the batteries that are in them.

What the heck?? Is reading comp a weakness for you?? We're not talking about your SB that you finally turned into a Darwin Light version, lol. We are talking about the differences between the standard ego and the E-Power and Kgo, thats all. Should I repeat it again for you to understand. LOL????? And I really don't care, nor does anyone else who makes the batteries, only how they perform. You recommend people spend the same for less or pay more for an equivalent sized battery. But you don't come out and explain that is what you are recommending with your comment earlier: "You can find 900,1100, and 1300mAh eGo bats everywhere."

And then you take my comment about explaining the difference in battery models totally out of context and trunkate the comment and put a period on it. What I really stated was: "I also notice you never explain the advantages of the better battery models, such as the much better price of the E-Power batteries or that you have to pay more for the 1000+ mah battery on an ego."

Changing someone's comment in a post to change the meaning to suit your reply is immature and less than forthright.

Chrissie

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Package arrived this morning and you were right Chrissie - a matching drip tip thrown in as a freebie :)
    Waiting for the batteries to charge now.....

Brilliant Oneday :D No need to wait for both batteries to charge as they come with a factory charge - they have no memory so wont do them any harm using one straight away :) Did you get the cartomisers instead of atomisers? If so, have you found out how to fill them?

The_Trooper

Mar 25, 2012
    SLC
    Hi!

I have been vaping a little over 2 years now,my road was the buy cheap, buy many, expensive route.
    Started with a 51 from the local smoke shop,then a $100 kit with a charger case that looked like a pack of smokes, these batts would last me around 20 min of vape.
    Then moved on to a joye tech 510 stick battery,these worked a little better but still died fast, had to rotate 4 of them on chargers at all times.
    When my batteries were all dead or I ran out of juice I somehow always ended up with a pack of camels,it wasn't until
    The place I got my juice from started stocking the Ego line that I was able to kick cigs for good.
    I have spent several hundreds of dollars on just about everything out there, Egos, E-power 14650 and 18650, gripper mods,tube mods, lavatubes and just about every atty,carto,clearo or tank I could get my hands on, all seemed to have their upsides and downsides.
    Finally in the long run I found I need varible voltage, I can't do without it now,it lets me adjust my voltage up or down so that I get good vape and flavor from pretty much any setup or juice i happen to have on hand.(there are a few exeptions)

I would suggest starting out with at least 650 mah or greater batterys and a 510 connector, order a few different brands of single coil cartomizers between 1.7 2.5 ohms and stick with it for a few months to see if vaping is for you, then skip all the cheap junk out there and invest in a well built quality device,I wish I had!
    Good luck!
    Troop

I CAN'T WAIT TILL MY PROVARI ARRIVES THIS WEEK!!!

wseternmd

ECF Veteran
    Mar 26, 2012
    westernport, md
    I have a quick question it seems that all you guys generally agree that you like the Riva better than the eGo. I have no experience with the Riva and I have only had a little over a month experience with my eGo but so far I love it. I did opt for the larger 1100 ma battery the eGo-t I do not use the the tanks with it as I have heard that they can leak. I opted for a 510 atty and a couple smokteck mega dual coil carto's. So far I love the battery and the mega cardo's could not be happier. The only advice i can give is make sure you find a juice you like before filling the bigger cardo's. They are a pain to clean.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread