Sore Throat on 3mg

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShawnB85

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
Savannah, GA
Lesson learned on my part. I sat in my garage one night when the temperature and humidity were perfect for some outdoor relaxation in December. I vaped for a while out there, so long in fact that I lost track of time. I had the Crown 3 and a Freemax Mesh Pro as my 2 tanks of choice. The next morning I thought I had strep throat or something it hurt so bad.

Notice to all users, don't vape for hours on end and not expect to wake up with a sore throat even if you are at 3mg. I felt like a dummy.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
There are too many possible factors to consider to blame the sore throat on anything in particular.

I doubt that the stainless steel coils are the culprit. I'd consider the wattage setting that you were using, first and foremost. I'd also consider the Pg/Vg ratio in the e-liquid, even the flavors you were using.

Chain vaping could also cause a sore throat. Make sure you are drinking plenty of fluids, and possibly sucking on some hard candy to stimulate your salivary glands.

ShawnB85

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
Savannah, GA
There are too many possible factors to consider to blame the sore throat on anything in particular.

I doubt that the stainless steel coils are the culprit. I'd consider the wattage setting that you were using, first and foremost. I'd also consider the Pg/Vg ratio in the e-liquid, even the flavors you were using.

Chain vaping could also cause a sore throat. Make sure you are drinking plenty of fluids, and possibly sucking on some hard candy to stimulate your salivary glands.
Noted and thank you. It was one of those perfect nights that don't happen to often down in GA.

EverythingEvil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2014
Grand Junction, Co
Noted and thank you. It was one of those perfect nights that don't happen to often down in GA.

It's cold outside... I've had issues in the winter months with sore throat as well. Keep yourself hydrated. Sometimes vaping outside in the cold has caused a similar reaction for me as well.

As much as it doesn't seem like it would matter if you have forced air heating that can also cause some dehydration/sore throat issues. If you recently quit smoking you may just be more aware of your well being than before.

Listen to batitude, dial back the wattage and drink more water. It should clear up.

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Doubtful it was caused by the vaping. Many chain vape from the time they awake until they go to bed. You just have a sore throat.

I love you @Letitia, but I respectfully disagree with you on this one … When I first started vaping, I had to deal with a sore throat all of the time. Then I quit vaping for quite a few months, the sore throat went away.... Then just a week or so ago, I started vaping again... My sore throat came back, and no, I do NOT have a cold, flu, or some other malady responsible for it.... The simple fact of the matter (in my case) is that it is due to vaping... I have noticed that if I chain vape, then it is worse but if I try to regulate my vaping to a moderate level then the sore throat goes away … I have also performed a few experiments in this regard and I have found that PG is the main culprit (in my case anyway) …. If I slow down on my vaping and don't chain vape and provided that I lower the amount of PG in my juices (I mix my own) then the sore throat goes away within 1/2 day or so...

ShawnB85

ECF Veteran
    Aug 4, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    I love you @Letitia, but I respectfully disagree with you on this one … When I first started vaping, I had to deal with a sore throat all of the time. Then I quit vaping for quite a few months, the sore throat went away.... Then just a week or so ago, I started vaping again... My sore throat came back, and no, I do NOT have a cold, flu, or some other malady responsible for it.... The simple fact of the matter (in my case) is that it is due to vaping... I have noticed that if I chain vape, then it is worse but if I try to regulate my vaping to a moderate level then the sore throat goes away … I have also performed a few experiments in this regard and I have found that PG is the main culprit (in my case anyway) …. If I slow down on my vaping and don't chain vape and provided that I lower the amount of PG in my juices (I mix my own) then the sore throat goes away within 1/2 day or so...
    That's what I was wondering, thus this post. I believe I have chalked it up to chain vaping with the Crown 3 tank. Maybe it's the SS coils or something. I can puff on a Horizon or Pro Mesh for a long time and have no ill effects but the one time on the Crown and BOOM sore throat. I do drink a metric ton of water. Somedays 6-10 30oz tumblers, other days its + or - 2 or 3 tumblers. I guess I just learned my lesson and not to chain vape on that tank, especially outside when it's 50ish degrees.

• Agree
    Reactions: AXIOM_1

QcVaper

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 17, 2017
    Canada/Quebec
    As a chain vaper myself i do have sore throats sometimes, but mostly whenever i wake up, after a simple cup of coffee i feel fine and go on my merry day. like others pointed out make sure to either drink alot of liquids or stimulate saliva glands should help alot if not already done ( at least it helped me ).

• Agree

ShawnB85

ECF Veteran
    Aug 4, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    Drinking 300 ounces of water a day on a regular basis sounds like a great way to throw one's electrolytes out of whack.
    I live in southeast GA so during the summer months it happens. I sweat constantly so I learned a while ago to make sure I stay hydrated. I don't drink soda much or anything other than water for the most part. I should say the 30oz tumblers do have ice in them so factor that in as well.

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    I live in southeast GA so during the summer months it happens. I sweat constantly so I learned a while ago to make sure I stay hydrated. I don't drink soda much or anything other than water for the most part. I should say the 30oz tumblers do have ice in them so factor that in as well.

I feel for you Brother as I was stationed in Georgia when I was in the Army … The humidity there is a Killer, especially when you are from the Northwest (Montana) and not used to it :eek:… I no longer live in Montana as I moved out East to Pennsylvania... It gets pretty humid here as well (not as bad as Georgia though)

Reactions: ShawnB85

ShawnB85

ECF Veteran
    Aug 4, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    I feel for you Brother as I was stationed in Georgia when I was in the Army … The humidity there is a Killer, especially when you are from the Northwest (Montana) and not used to it :eek:… I no longer live in Montana as I moved out East to Pennsylvania... It gets pretty humid here as well (not as bad as Georgia though)
    I was stationed at HAAF but decided to stay when I got out. Originally from Ohio so I completely feel the humidity pain, thus the massive influx of water. Considering the standard has always been 8, 8 oz glasses I don't really feel that 300oz is a bad thing as long as you remain healthy. I have personally never had the effects of an electrolyte imbalance nor has a doctor ever told me to stop drinking so much water. Oh well, I enjoy my health so it shall continue and I will not be chain vaping in my garage anymore lol.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I vape about 10ml to 12ml of 70pg/30vg juice at 3mg nic strength every day in MTL mode at 10W to 12W. If I don't drink enough water I sometimes get a dry irritated throat. Humidity in Central Ga averages about 70% on a good day and 95+ humidity on a bad day! Winter usually brings in drier air after New Years.

Savannah has a reputation with people I've known who have lived there and also have sinus issues. The large areas of marshy land probably contribute to all sorts of sinus and throat problems. If you have a nice dry day air that's a good thing!

Last edited:
    • Agree
    Reactions: chellie

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    I was stationed at HAAF but decided to stay when I got out. Originally from Ohio so I completely feel the humidity pain, thus the massive influx of water. Considering the standard has always been 8, 8 oz glasses I don't really feel that 300oz is a bad thing as long as you remain healthy. I have personally never had the effects of an electrolyte imbalance nor has a doctor ever told me to stop drinking so much water. Oh well, I enjoy my health so it shall continue and I will not be chain vaping in my garage anymore lol.

yeah I was stationed at Fort Benning for my basic training and AIT training.... yeah lots of water is GOOD for a person as it flushes out the system. Too many people live off of pop and other liquid which is no good.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread