Sore Throat

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If the one shots were in PG and you were using more PG, I guess that may cause a sore throat. If it's across the board, I might consider that possibility.

I suppose one or more ingredients in the one shots weren't agreeing with you, but if the similarity across the board was "requiring more flavoring" (although, I'm not sure I find that, personally to be true, you don't HAVE to flavor anything at any percentage, honestly, you could just try some dilution and see how it ends up). You could also start very low, since most are shake and vape, mainly.

It's possible the sweetener used (I think many one shots have sweetener as an ingredient) it is also possible that it, or at least the percentage used, is not agreeing with you somehow.

These are just guesses. IDK, but the coincidental timing seems a bit over the top, etc.

Anna

Reactions: dennism

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I noticed that when vaping the one shots, which call for a high percentage of flavor, that my throat was getting slightly sore. I stopped vaping the one shots and within a day the sore throat was gone. Coincidence?
Have you tried using a lowered %. It may just be way too much flavoring. Remember these types of 'recipes' sold online cater to those who are just coming off of cigarettes and whose taste buds have not yet recovered from the effect of smoking. Just lower the pct appropriately across the board.

ie. In lowering the main ingredient by 2% then lower all of the other flavor ingredients by the same % amount.
This keeps the recipe consistent. Just remember to up plain pg/vg by the same amount you subtracted so the volume remains the same.
:)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I wonder if it's the flavoring doing that, or the increase in PG since most flavors are that way. Although, I could see overflavoring generally causing issues, especially if it's way too high.

We are "mixing" chemicals, and although there is certainly some similarity with DIY, it's good to understand the different chemicals and how they will affect your mix.

You don't have much to lose by trying some lower flavored mixes, if you dislike them it's much easier to bump up the percentages, than try to dilute them.

You may find one shots "harsh" at your flavoring level, but less so if you use a little less for sure. I've been at DIY a while, my tastebuds have returned, it's pretty rare for me to mix over 10% and it's usually much lower.

Best of luck, again,

Anna

• Informative
Reactions: dennism

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA
What VG/PG base are you mixing with? Some people are sensitive to PG, and the one shots are likely pretty pure PG. It might be that you are a bit sensitive, and the high percentages of the one-shots are pushing you past a threshold where it’s just too much PG for you. I’d try Letitia’s max VG suggestion if you’re adding any PG yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread