Speaking of bottom feeder mods, some thoughts on my Phidias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camp43

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2010
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Hello all, I am relatively new to vaping, I received my first ecig at the start of October and have not had analog cigarette since. One of the best things I did was order a Phidias Feedimus box mod early on. How I came to that decision is a long story that belongs in another post. What I would like to do here is share an email I sent to Phono about my experience with the Phidias Feedimus that I bought from him.

I can't believe that it has already been over two weeks since I ordered my Phidias, but I wanted to do a follow-up and tell you how I was getting along with your creation.
I bought my Phidias to serve as my primary PV. Something that I can load up with my favorite ejuice and just vape away, without worrying about topping off, or if the battery was going run out, etc.
Well in that role the Phidias performs flawlessly. For instance tonight; I had it loaded with a bottle of Backwood's Cappuccino and took my dog on a nice 20 minute walk. Great flavor, nice full hits, plumes of vapor, just an enjoyable vaping experience.
I get one to two days out of the battery (I use the recommended AW 18650s). My unit has never leaked a drop, it is as nice and clean inside as the day I received it. It is beautiful and fits just right in my hand. It performs really well with just the stock Joye 510 atomizers. What can I say: it is just what I was hoping for when I ordered it.
However, what I did not expect is just how versatile it is. I found that my Phidias works great for cartomizers and dripping also. I guess the 18650 delivers more juice than a 510, or even an eGo battery, because I seem to get more and warmer vapor when I am dripping using the Phidias. However, I suspect that the nice clean soldering and high quality parts used in making it might have something to do with that also. The new Ce-2 carts also work wonderfully with the Phidias, again a little more and warmer vapor than with an eGo battery.

The learning curve is not really too bad either. It took me about a week to really get the juice feed down to where I am able to keep my atties wet without flooding them. The only thing that I had trouble with was that at first I really didn't like LR atomizers on my Phidias. They always seemed to get really hot and give off a burned, harsh tasting vapor. It wasn't until just a few days ago that I learned that you need to keep the atomizer really wet, almost to the point of flooding, to get a good tasting vape from LR atties with my Phidias. But I must say, now that I have it figured out, wow, what a fog machine.

Anyway, there you have it, my review of the Phidias Feedimus. It is truly a mod for all seasons. Thank you very much for making such a fine product; it is something that I really enjoy owning and using.

I felt that this was too long to post here, but Phono thought it would be ok. I hope that this helps someone like me; relatively new to vaping, but looking to step up to their first mod, make their decision. From what I have read, the three bottom feeding box mods; the Phidias, the Ali’i , and the Reo perform at a high level. All I know for sure is that my Phidias is a great mod.

Last edited:

banjo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2010
Rio Oso, CA
I have 2 of the Phidias mods, and they provide hassle free vaping. You are right though, they do not perform well with LR attys. They burn way too hot, and it is difficult to keep the atty wet. They work great with regular attys though, and provide excellent flavor and TH, and more than enough vapor. Fono said that they burn hotter it because of the higher quality wiring that he uses. Thanks for the excellent post and review.

FreeFlow

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
London, Ontario Canada
www.youtube.com
Great Idea! Will give this a try :)

Thanks!

I got 2 of them and yea I was getting a burnt taste w/LR attys.

Found a good trick to get more juice to the atty though.

Stick about four thin pieces of duct tape behind the juice bottle so the juicing button sticks out further. Makes a HUGE difference in juice flow.

Camp43

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2010
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Thanks for the responses. It is my first review and I appreciate the kind words.

I have 2 of the Phidias mods, and they provide hassle free vaping. You are right though, they do not perform well with LR attys. They burn way too hot, and it is difficult to keep the atty wet. They work great with regular attys though, and provide excellent flavor and TH, and more than enough vapor. Fono said that they burn hotter it because of the higher quality wiring that he uses. Thanks for the excellent post and review.

Lately I have been getting good results with an Iken LR 510 (2 ohm) atty. However, I am dripping on it, not bottom feeding. I even am having luck with a Joye LR 1.5 ohm. The trick seems to be keeping it very wet, to the point of gurgling it. When I get it right, man, it really puts out the vapor.

It is when I try to bottom feed the LR atties that I run into problems. I am definitely going to try MikeDeason's excellent suggestion. On the other hand, with the great performance I get from regular Joye 510s on the Phidias, it seems kind of silly to force the issue with LR atties.

Really, I get all the vapor I can handle with regular 510s on the Phidias. I guess it is just my contrary nature that makes me want to use the LR atties on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread