Clash of the Bottom Fed Juice Mod Titans: The Phidias Feedimus, Reo Grande and Ali'i

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sewknitty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2010
NY
shesaquitter.wordpress.com
I have two of the three now and they've almost fulfilled my wish list, which includes the ability to fill something once and not think about it again as I vape throughout the day.

The tube in the Reo necessitates a flush between bottle swaps which isn't a problem at home but on the go might be messy. Also, there's a certain amount of juice in the reservoir of the Reo that can spill in a purse or pocket. Maybe that's only happening with me...can't tell since I just got it yesterday. It has the bigger bottle and is adapter friendly - two huge pluses. Oh, and I can wash this puppy down if I want to, with actual water.

The Phidias injector setup allows for every drop to be vaped but I have found 100% VG to be a reluctant participant at times with it. The button is a beauty but its feedback isn't always enough. I can't tell if I've adequately pressed the bottle and end up overfeeding. That's just part of the learning curve though.

The Phidias feels so good in the hand and is the work of an artisan. I still can't believe I have one. The Reo, with its generous 6 ml bottle and sleek styling says to one and all, "I'm cool and I've got my vaping sh__ together!" Stu is sending me a 5 volt bottom feeder and then, fully armed, I can sit back and wait on the arrival of the tanks. The tank might just be the no-brainer...the actual fill and forget it vaping facilitator. We shall see.

Last edited:

ACM

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
Don't think it works that way. I have it dialed down and battery life is about 8 hours. I heard it was alot more with the pure 3.7 single large battery (forgot the battery type).

Yeah, my 18650 batteries do last a long time. It's hard to say how long, exactly, but with my average of 3-4ml per day, I get around 12-20 hours on a single charge with the 2600mAh versions and around 10-12 with the 2200mAh versions. And those are not high drain, which I would think would go even longer with a regular 510 atty.

Still, 8 hours is pretty good. As long as you have a spare, you can be sure to be good for a full day. And you do have the benefit of being able to hit the sweet spot for every juice you carry around.

And, it is still an Ali'i after all!

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
I have two of the three now and they've almost fulfilled my wish list, which includes the ability to fill something once and not think about it again as I vape throughout the day.

The tube in the Reo necessitates a flush between bottle swaps which isn't a problem at home but on the go might be messy. Also, there's a certain amount of juice in the reservoir of the Reo that can spill in a purse or pocket. Maybe that's only happening with me...can't tell since I just got it yesterday. It has the bigger bottle and is adapter friendly - two huge pluses. Oh, and I can wash this puppy down if I want to, with actual water.

The Phidias injector setup allows for every drop to be vaped but I have found 100% VG to be a reluctant participant at times with it. The button is a beauty but its feedback isn't always enough. I can't tell if I've adequately pressed the bottle and end up overfeeding. That's just part of the learning curve though.

The Phidias feels so good in the hand and is the work of an artisan. I still can't believe I have one. The Reo, with its generous 6 ml bottle and sleek styling says to one and all, "I'm cool and I've got my vaping sh__ together!" Stu is sending me a 5 volt bottom feeder and then, fully armed, I can sit back and wait on the arrival of the tanks. The tank might just be the no-brainer...the actual fill and forget it vaping facilitator. We shall see.

When I remove the bottle on the REO to swap or refill, I hold the bottle below the tube and blow any residual juice back into it. There's usually not more than a little drip left in the tube. As you get more accustomed to it, I think you'll find that your juice well is empty most of the time. I did have a little surprise spot on my pocket one day early on, though, so it pays to look. Those Phidias' are very sharp, gonna have to add one to my collection one of these days.

Sewknitty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2010
NY
shesaquitter.wordpress.com
When I remove the bottle on the REO to swap or refill, I hold the bottle below the tube and blow any residual juice back into it. There's usually not more than a little drip left in the tube. As you get more accustomed to it, I think you'll find that your juice well is empty most of the time. I did have a little surprise spot on my pocket one day early on, though, so it pays to look. Those Phidias' are very sharp, gonna have to add one to my collection one of these days.

Thanks, pianoguy. I tried this yesterday along with sticking with 510s and squeezing sparingly and now I'm going in the other direction - dry attys. I guess that means I'm almost there! :laugh:

Do check out the Phidias. As I struggle with the Reo it is my go-to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread