Clash of the Bottom Fed Juice Mod Titans: The Phidias Feedimus, Reo Grande and Ali'i

Status
Not open for further replies.

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
I haven't tried the Grande but i own an Ali'i and a Phidias. I agree completely with your comparison.. The Ali'i's feed system is just about perfect IMHO and the Phidias's overall lines and craftsmanship is perfect while it's feed system has that learning curve.

The Phidias is so beautiful I just bought a second.. even though I prefer the Ali'i. Both are a must for a wood mod collector.

I ditto everything you said. Interesting how everyone who owns both come to the same conclusion.

ACM

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
It's clear that the quality and functionality of all three of these mods are essentially equal. No matter which one you buy, you'll be in vaping heaven. The only thing that really could make a difference is availability. Most of these are hard to get, due to the fact that the makers are part-timers working in small, home shops. So for anyone interested in a quality bottom feeder box mod, find out which one of these three is available and jump on it!

flying low

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2009
San Mateo, CA
Dude, fantastic review! My boyfriend and I have the Ali'i and the JM - we love them! I am looking at getting the REO's, would really like to score a few of the Grands. We work outdoors in all types of weather and, as much as I love the units we have, I don't want them ruined in the weather or being dropped from the main deck of a 747 aircraft. Bottom fed juice mods are definitely the way to go - no muss, no fuss. Love 'em. Thanks again, Dude, for a great review!

drum747

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2010
Oregon
I've had all 3 and only own the Grand at this time. I vape 100% VG which is where the REO really shines. The Phidias leaked and my juice wouldn't feed well at all. To be fair to Fono, this was a converted unit I bought from Nhaler and may not perform as well as the new one that Fono makes. If you vape 100% PG the REO has a smaller tube so it won't self feed. That, along with the fact that the REO is the only all mechanical mod of the 3 means its the keeper for me. Nice review dude!

drum747

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2010
Oregon
i use gp's vg juice in my new phideas with no probs.

Good Prophets VG has the consistency of PG and I didnt try it but could see that it should work. Maybe I had an issue with my feed system on the Phidias?Like I said, it did not come directly from Fono. It would barely feed at all and then just run back down the needle into the box. Glad yours works!

Bobba's Bounty on my Ali'i and it is pure heaven. (that is 100% VG juice).

Don't have the other two wood mods, but the Ali'i just rocks. Only regret is I got the VV model and the juice I have been vaping exclusively for a month tastes perfect at the lower voltages for me. So I could of got the regular model and doubled my battery life.

ACM

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
So I could of got the regular model and doubled my battery life.

I have always been happy with 3.7v vaping, so even though I was curious about thew VV model, I went with the 3.7v instead. No regrets at all. But at least with the VV you should be able to dial it down to 3.7 and see the benefit of longer battery life anyway, right?

I have always been happy with 3.7v vaping, so even though I was curious about thew VV model, I went with the 3.7v instead. No regrets at all. But at least with the VV you should be able to dial it down to 3.7 and see the benefit of longer battery life anyway, right?

Don't think it works that way. I have it dialed down and battery life is about 8 hours. I heard it was alot more with the pure 3.7 single large battery (forgot the battery type). Currently using two 3.7 batteries as recommended on the site for the VV.

Wonder if I could use the one large 3.7 battery on the VV.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread