Spilled eliquid on wooden desk - a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vycanis

Oct 29, 2018
Hey folks
I spilled an expensive juice on my desk the other day, and i sucked it up with the syringe and put it back in the bottle.
And now e juice tastes little funky, should i not have done that?
I started tripping over it after i tasted it, because they use some chemicals to finish off wooden furniture.
Desk is older than 8 years.
Can those chemicals leech into ejuice from a desk that old?

vycanis

Oct 29, 2018
was it on the desk for longer than 3 seconds?

I dont know if the 3 second rule applies to e-liquid?

I think that rule is for micro-organisms only, and i'm not worried about that since PG has antibacterial properties and most micro-organisms die immediately when exposed to heat.
I'm just worried about the chemicals that might be used to finish off the desk.
And yeah juice was on the desk for 1-2 mins

Lick your desk. If you trip over, it's the desk. If you're okay, it's not the desk.
My desk was matte. It looks waxed and shiny from how much e-juice i've spilled on it. When I lick mine I taste limes and blueberries.
Well i didn't trip over but it doesn't exactly taste great.Idk.

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
I don't know what chemicals you mean, the ones naturally in the wood or the finish applied to it?
Both may leech into your juice but not in significant amounts and it's just a bit of juice not 5 gallons you "flavored". I don't think it would be harmful to vape a small amount of that, it's more a question of if you can get through the taste.

Try to spill it into a bourbon barrel next time to see if that improves the taste.

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
I think that rule is for micro-organisms only, and i'm not worried about that since PG has antibacterial properties and most micro-organisms die immediately when exposed to heat.
I'm just worried about the chemicals that might be used to finish off the desk.
And yeah juice was on the desk for 1-2 mins

Well i didn't trip over but it doesn't exactly taste great.Idk.

I would be more worried about the chemicals they use to machine and make your deck/coil/atomizer. And the paint that's slathered on after. And the germs and bacteria that hitch a ride as your mod passes through different hands before it's boxed. One day you could wake up with Chinese Bird Flu and your toenails will have fallen off.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I would of just wiped it up. Maybe if it was the only juice I had left, and couldnt get anymore for a week, I might of thought about it, but most of us have plenty of juice around. How much spilled and how much was it? Imo, Not enough for me personally to worry about any dangerous chemicals, like varnish or paint I may be vaping.....that's just me though.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Hey folks
I spilled an expensive juice on my desk the other day, and i sucked it up with the syringe and put it back in the bottle.
And now e juice tastes little funky, should i not have done that?
I started tripping over it after i tasted it, because they use some chemicals to finish off wooden furniture.
Desk is older than 8 years.

The issue is simply personal choice .. if it were me, unless is was a very good trip, I'd ditch the liquid .. :2c:

vycanis

Oct 29, 2018
I would of just wiped it up. Maybe if it was the only juice I had left, and couldnt get anymore for a week, I might of thought about it, but most of us have plenty of juice around. How much spilled and how much was it? Imo, Not enough for me personally to worry about any dangerous chemicals, like varnish or paint I may be vaping.....that's just me though.
Yeah i wasn't thinking clearly when i was putting the juice back in, that was stupid of me.
Remaining ejuice in the bottle would have gotten me through the month,if i didn't spoil it with "bad juice".
Now i don't have any juice left. So untill my paycheck, back to camels i guess :)

• Disagree
Reactions: smacuser

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    For nic patches? No, they are more expensive than ejuice in Turkey.
    Can't really afford it with current currency rate.
    Oh, you live in Turkey. Our convenience stores here in the states sell cheap ejuice.

In that case, I wood vape it.

Last edited:
    Reactions: SupplyDaddy

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    Yeah i wasn't thinking clearly when i was putting the juice back in, that was stupid of me.
    Remaining ejuice in the bottle would have gotten me through the month,if i didn't spoil it with "bad juice".
    Now i don't have any juice left. So untill my paycheck, back to camels i guess :)
    Dam, that's a bich. Wish I lived close by, I would definitely get you some...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread