Spilled eliquid on wooden desk - a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jwaterski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
OKC, OK
Doubt the finish from the desk is going to do much, the cleaner you used on the desk last might be a different story. Pledge or any other cleaner might give you a flavor boost! If the desk is old, it could have lead based paint, if you're too young to be on this forum it might negatively affect your brain development, if your the same age as most of us though, Alzheimer's and or dementia is probably a greater threat..

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Hey folks
I spilled an expensive juice on my desk the other day, and i sucked it up with the syringe and put it back in the bottle.
And now e juice tastes little funky, should i not have done that?
I started tripping over it after i tasted it, because they use some chemicals to finish off wooden furniture.
Desk is older than 8 years.
Can those chemicals leech into ejuice from a desk that old?

Been there, done that, but my juice was not expensive :). I've also vaped some pretty funky wicking and coil materials. FWIW, six years later I'm still here, not obviously any worse for wear (though my wife might disagree with that :unsure:)

Anything I can think of used to finish a wood desk 8 years ago will not IMO hurt you in this situation. On the other hand if you spilled some chemicals that are dangerous to vape on the desk and didn't clean it off you might have reason for concern.

Keep in mind too, taste is a very subjective thing. Just thinking there might be contamination in the juice might lead you to perceive a change in taste that is not really there.

Ultimately, if you are really worried about it, go with your gut feeling and don't vape it. I vaped mine, but that was me, with my personality, my perceptions, my life experience, and my desk cleaned the way I clean it. Best of luck with it :thumb:

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
Lick your desk. If you trip over, it's the desk. If you're okay, it's not the desk.

My desk was matte. It looks waxed and shiny from how much e-juice i've spilled on it. When I lick mine I taste limes and blueberries.

But do the snozberries taste like snozberries?

Reactions: listopencil

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Two days ago I had a 120ml bottle pop its top off when I was filling a smaller bottle. It went all over my shirt and desk. I considered just wringing out the shirt and sucking up the desk puddle and vaping it anyway but decided to consider it a lesson learned about trusting big gorilla bottles in the future. Now I will cut a bit of the tip off so it flows more easily into other bottles and have more patience during the process. :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread