Status
Not open for further replies.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I bought a Split Atty with very low expectations.... This is one that deserves a little more love. I generally vape NarDAs, O Attys or Hadalys. They all offer exactly what I'm looking for which is, great flavor, decent vapor and single coil build decks. I wanted to try something a little different so I picked up the Split.
From the limited reviews I saw, spitback seemed to be the glaring issue. I don't share that experience. I feel like spit back is a result of the build and the wicking more than something that's inherent in an atty. A 24ga spaced coil wicked correctly doesn't spit on the Split. :lol:

I immediately went with a single coil... Simple build. The flavor is fantastic and the airflow is perfect for me. With one side air hole all the way open, it's about the same as a NarDA wide open. It's a very nice restricted lung hit. Squonking to fill up the little tank is really pretty cool. If you put one of the small grubs in the spares pack into the fill hole in the deck, it works even better.

For me, the atty doesn't get hot...another concern that was mentioned in a review. But, again, I'm running in single coil an a reo....not monster claptons at 150w.
The draw is nice and smooth with no whistling and turbulence noise. Surprisingly enough...this one checks all the boxes for me. Flavor up there with my favorite bf atty, the NarDA, great airflow, easy to build and it looks nice. As an added bonus...they're actually available! Whatta concept....

:rickroll:

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
rps20170429_141132.jpg

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
I don't see myself going all in on them but it's a nice change!
I love the way you don't have to wonder if your wicks are wet enough, just fill the little tank and off you go.

Plus the flavor is amazing off the four I have. Between the Split, the Pindad and the Gaia I am one happy camper!

In case you're wondering, the drip tip on my silver split came from a Advken Mad Hatter V2, fits perfectly.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
I've never tried a split atty. May have to give one a suck.
I'm not sure if Asbestos' is authentic, but my two are clones from fasttech. The silver is a SMJY clone and the black one is an unknown. They both vape awesome but the SMJY is a little better quality.

If you order one from fasttech, add a pack of M2X3 grub screws. The flat head grub screws are a pain in the ...., plus these tiny screws strip easy.
$1.11 Free Shipping Replacement Screws for Atomizers (10-Pack) (304 SS, M2*3mm (headless), 10-Pack) at m.FastTech.com

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I'm not sure if Asbestos' is authentic, but my two are clones from fasttech. The silver is a SMJY clone and the black one is an unknown. They both vape awesome but the SMJY is a little better quality.

If you order one from fasttech, add a pack of M2X3 grub screws. The flat head grub screws are a pain in the ...., plus these tiny screws strip easy.
$1.11 Free Shipping Replacement Screws for Atomizers (10-Pack) (304 SS, M2*3mm (headless), 10-Pack) at m.FastTech.com

mine came from VapinArt...I generally like to try the authentic before I pull the trigger on the clone. :lol:
(I'm dyslexic, by the way):blink:

KentA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2015
Adirondack Mountains
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread