Not open for further replies.

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
Good calls...v1.1

Required bottle shape: Square (rectangular?) We need an LDPE bottle where the outside dimensions are required to be 18mm wide x 18mm deep x with a 40mm body height (50mm to top of 13-425 neck). Bottle must accept standard dripper tip and 13-425 dripper tip cap. The edges should be rounded to a 3mm radius.

Comments: This bottle will contain liquid that is dispensed via minimal finger squeeze pressure. It is to be opaque/natural color and is to fit into an existing product that currently uses the standard 6ml LDPE dripper bottle and we are looking to maximize the liquid capacity. Is this possible? If interested please provide a cost per 1000.

btw...http://www.technologystudent.com/joints/ldpe3.html
That's for the grands right what about the 18490 ?? That IMO would be the most pride tone to get done ASAP :D

Quigsworth

Just some guy...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
The Republic of Cascadia
Right, in for a penny...

But here's the thing with the 490...to make the 3ml work Rob left a step to make up the depth...big, huge assumption here...could the machining be modified (buy request?, option?) to get the full 18mm depth?...some peeps have no issue with milling out the step but??? not to mention, what would that do to the mechanics (squeezability) of a "x"mm x 18mm bottle if you follow what I'm saying?

At any rate, I left my 490 at the cottage...can someone tell me max width and max height? (I'm allowing 10mm from top of neck to top of body for the cap).

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com

rabernet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
Buford, GA
So it seems that there's interest in the square bottle so I've come up with this to start my little contact campaign to the various US bottle manufacturers...

Required bottle shape: Square (rectangular?) We need an LDPE bottle where the outside dimensions need to be 18mm wide x 18mm deep x with a 40mm body height (50mm to top of 13-425 neck). Bottle must accept standard dripper tip and 13-425 dripper tip cap. The edges should be rounded to a 3mm radius.

Comments: This bottle is to fit into an existing product that currently uses the standard 6ml LDPE dripper bottle and we are looking to maximize the liquid capacity. Is this possible?

Comments? Adds?

Starting off with the Grand first, then expanding to the Mini/18490 size?

I'm also in!

Edited to add - I'm a little slow - I see my fellow Reonauts have asked the same question.

Last edited:

Quigsworth

Just some guy...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
The Republic of Cascadia
Starting off with the Grand first, then expanding to the Mini/18490 size?

I'm also in!

Edited to add - I'm a little slow - I see my fellow Reonauts have asked the same question.

Add myself to the list of peeps asking...which is kinda why I've taken this on...

This isn't something I'll personally be taking ownership of, I'm just putting my hand up to do the leg work...to get a mold fabricated will not be a cheap venture, and the reality is, from an economies of scale perspective the 6ml bottle is where you need to start as there may be a market for the "new" 10-11 ml square bottle outside Reoville...a market that could further finance the more "boutique" 5ml bottle mold/production

rabernet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
Buford, GA
Add myself to the list of peeps asking...which is kinda why I've taken this on...

This isn't something I'll personally be taking ownership of, I'm just putting my hand up to do the leg work...to get a mold fabricated will not be a cheap venture, and the reality is, from an economies of scale perspective the 6ml bottle is where you need to start as there may be a market for the "new" 10-11 ml square bottle outside Reoville...a market that could further finance the more "boutique" 5ml bottle mold/production

Really do appreciate both the idea and your legwork!

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
not-sure-if-serious.jpg

I don't mean to pee in a bottle but...

I don't see how this works. The miracle of the squonk only occurs when you deform the shape of the bottle to decrease it's volume, in the process forcing the liquid to go elsewhere. (A completely flattened bottle would be the ultimate squonk.) If you maximize the size of the bottle while at the same time minimize the space in which it can be deformed - seems you would end up with the exact opposite of what you are trying to achieve: a much larger volume of liquid that can not be made to go anywhere.

I'll step aside regarding the matter of: Did you ever notice how much harder it is to deform containers with right angles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread