FACE MEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
not-sure-if-serious.jpg

I don't mean to pee in a bottle but...

I don't see how this works. The miracle of the squonk only occurs when you deform the shape of the bottle to decrease it's volume, in the process forcing the liquid to go elsewhere. (A completely flattened bottle would be the ultimate squonk.) If you maximize the size of the bottle while at the same time minimize the space in which it can be deformed - seems you would end up with the exact opposite of what you are trying to achieve: a much larger volume of liquid that can not be made to go anywhere.

I'll step aside regarding the matter of: Did you ever notice how much harder it is to deform containers with right angles?

It's not just the deformation of the bottle that forces liquid up the feed tube, it's also the pressure increase within the bottle when squonked.

having four flat sides (three vertical walls and base) close to or in contact with the rigid walls inside the REO would decrease the amount of force and movement necessary for an adequate squonk.

I think the main goal behind the push for a square bottle is to decrease wasted space within the REO which would equal increased juice capacity. The theoretical improvement in squonkability is just icing on the cake.

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
I have used 10ml bottles in the reo and they are a tighter fit and they squonk easier. I've also used a round bottle in a snug fitting round tube and again, it squonks easier. when the bottle has a lot of room to deform it will deform before compressing, squonking only happens while compressing, so the initial squonk that only deforms the bottle adds extra squonking necessary before it starts to build up pressure. I've been looking for square flat tanks like this to pair up with square flat cells for the most efficient use of space, the square reo with cylindrical battery and bottle is not the most efficient use of space, round plug in a square hole type deal :)

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
Did anyone even click the link to the square tattoo ink bottles I linked (which I believe are already 6ml),
WITH the phone # for custom square bottles,

And the squeezy top AND a nipple top that can simply be cut off for the feed tube??

AND which are already LDPE soft food grade plastic that was made for squishing?

SeaNap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2009
Atlanta
I have used 10ml bottles in the reo and they are a tighter fit and they squonk easier. I've also used a round bottle in a snug fitting round tube and again, it squonks easier. when the bottle has a lot of room to deform it will deform before compressing, squonking only happens while compressing, so the initial squonk that only deforms the bottle adds extra squonking necessary before it starts to build up pressure. I've been looking for square flat tanks like this to pair up with square flat cells for the most efficient use of space, the square reo with cylindrical battery and bottle is not the most efficient use of space, round plug in a square hole type deal :)

You hit the nail on the head with that one.

Anyone got a CAD file of the REO and a maker bot? You could just print a flexible container to use every possible micron of free space... :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ltrainer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
upstate ny
Did anyone even click the link to the square tattoo ink bottles I linked (which I believe are already 6ml),
WITH the phone # for custom square bottles,

And the squeezy top AND a nipple top that can simply be cut off for the feed tube??

AND which are already LDPE soft food grade plastic that was made for squishing?
I looked yesterday and today and I can't find square bottles there.

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
But this are HPDE we want LPDE right ??

Well, if they are manufacturing them... it's just sticking different plastic in the mold...

If they can't do that ... you don't want to call them because they aren't making them :p.

What we WANT is food grade... and plastic milk cartons, water bottles, garbage bags are HDPE because they are food grade... LDPE are iffy, and you have to ask. Sometimes they are made with BPA (bisphenol A), which are endocrine disrupters (bad bad bad).

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
Well, if they are manufacturing them... it's just sticking different plastic in the mold...

If they can't do that ... you don't want to call them because they aren't making them :p.

What we WANT is food grade... and plastic milk cartons, water bottles, garbage bags are HDPE because they are food grade... LDPE are iffy, and you have to ask. Sometimes they are made with BPA (bisphenol A), which are endocrine disrupters (bad bad bad).

My Endocrine system is already hooped Ive been diabetic since I was 3 years old :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread