The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

SS316 L 29 GA in USA.

Discussion in 'Wick and Wire' started by Dubminer, Jan 4, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ShowerHead

ShowerHead Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 23, 2014
    Massachusetts
    Does the wire vape ok in TC with the ‘usual’ TCR?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dubminer

Dubminer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2016
    It holds it's resistance well and vapes ok except it crackles like it is getting to much power that my regular Temco wire never does.Really weird.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ShowerHead

ShowerHead Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 23, 2014
    Massachusetts
    Well, I think at this point, I’d refund it.
    Unknown material isn’t worth the trouble of finding settings.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Beamslider

Beamslider Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    I think that 26 gauge is the sweet spot for me. .5 ohm coils are easy to roll. The wire is stiff enough and ramps up fast enough

6. Alter

Alter Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2013
    BC Canada
    I did get my 29 gauge both SS and Kanthal from the wire company in the UK. It comes in odd size spool thats taller and thinner than the temco spools but thats no biggie since they get a DYI spool tamer, not a bobbin threader like the wrap wire gets that I had to make some larger tamers to fit the spools. First was 29k/34k clapton 5wrap 2.5ID coil that came out to 1.6 vs the 1.4 the 30 gauge came out as. The first rewicking came out fine so still vaping the 2nd go around of the build. I see no real difference in vape quality between the 2 wire sizes but its going to be how long the build lasts before distorting and degrading begins. I also got some fine SS spools 38, 40, 44 and 46 for wrap wire. The 38 wrapped good but I can barely see the wraps even under magnification...haven't built with it yet. The 44 is unbelievably a pain to work with, you breathe wrong and it breaks. I'd get a couple inches then it broke, did that a couple times before I quit, almost enough to make a single coil but again haven't made a coil yet. I have to design a adjustable bobbin threader cause those fine gauge wires are mighty finicky that a ioda of extra pressure that snaps the wrap wire.
    For those who care...the DIY spool tamers are just a piece of fabric elastic. I had some leftover water line from installing the ice maker into the fridge that fit a protank chimney perfectly then hot glue the elastic to the plastic hose and heatshrink it to hold it all together and look nice.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.