Stainless 501 Attys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyMustard

Sep 9, 2009
Hi, I'm fairly new to ecigs and after a little disappointment with the life of some of my 901 batteries I'm thinking of getting the Protege whenever you get the 501 attys in stock.

Anyway, in the interest of being super .... about things matching I was wondering if you guys were going to get stainless steel attys for the 501? I'm sure I can find them elsewhere but I planned on buying 25 at your bulk price and as far as I can see that's the best deal around. Plus of course the bonus of free shipping if I'm getting the Protege at the same time.

Thanks.:)

Last edited:

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
HolyMustard ...

Sweet name :) LOL

Anywayz ... We are going to try and get Steel 510 atomizers on our next shipment (which should be coming in, in about 10 days)

I plan to add 510 atomizers to stock tomorrow, so keep a look out on our site for them or join our twitter :)

Have a great evening HolyMustard, and if you have any more questions, ask away :)

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
The Protege runs at the same voltage as a normal 510 ... you just get a much longer battery life and a cool lookin PV :) LOL

Cartridges are not a problem at 3.7v !!!

And I was just thinking ... You probably shouldn't buy 25 bulk right off the batt if you are concerned about matching... All you need to do to get free shipping is to get to $99 bucks. Order a Protege Full Kit and 1 extra atomizer ... You get it shipped free to you, and 2 atomizers should easily last you until we restock with steel atomizers at which time you can go bulk :) Just a thought!

HolyMustard

Sep 9, 2009
Yeah, I was kind of thinking that same thing. It just seems like it would be a shame to have something as pretty as the Protege and have an ugly black un-matching atty attached.

I am so glad to hear that I can use carts, that was the one thing I was still iffy on about going with the Protege, but now I'm sold.

Thanks so much for your great service so far. I wish there were more companies this available.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Yeah, I was kind of thinking that same thing. It just seems like it would be a shame to have something as pretty as the Protege and have an ugly black un-matching atty attached.

I am so glad to hear that I can use carts, that was the one thing I was still iffy on about going with the Protege, but now I'm sold.

Thanks so much for your great service so far. I wish there were more companies this available.

It really isn't that bad ... Satin Stainless is NOT like Aluminum or Polished Aluminum. Satin Stainless is like a deep charcoal color ... Black on Charcoal is quite nice IMO :)

Either way ... No problemo bud, I appreciate the very kind comments ... Whatever you decide, best of luck in your vaping adventure!

Have a great weekend!
-Steve

kardjunkie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2009
Chillicothe, Ohio
I think black and stainless look great together! I had one of the imitation 510 and the paint came off just from the heat, I don't know but i imagine just chuck it in a battery drill, watching not to mess up threads, then use some fine grit sand paper and metal look atty. Actually, saw a video on here somewhere and can't find it now...oh well.

nevergonnaleavetn

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2009
What happens if you use the cartridge instead of dripping. I don't really have any issues with the idea of dripping, but it seems like it may be inconvienent on the go.

Cartridge is working just dandy !!! :)
Ooops ... didn't realize you were discussing 510's, I'm using a cart on a 901 :oops:

Last edited:

Shan123

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2009
Tampa, FL USA
I have a few attys that are brushed-stainless, I think, with a gold band at the bottom. They look absolutely awesome with the Protege, which arrived today. Still have the black-plastic cartridge, but who cares.

Is there, or can we have, a thread dedicated to raving about getting the Protege and how FREAKIN' GORGEOUS it is, etc.? If everybody who gets theirs starts a thread, we'll have us a li'l problem.

In case I don't find a better spot to rave... jeez, Steve, this is a beautiful piece of work. I had to try it out first in the car (we were heading out), and I thought the batts might have a minimal charge, and they did. Hasn't really been put through its paces yet. Loved the initial hit -- plenty of flavor and I think it will provide just the right amount of throat-hit for me.

I knew it was going to look nice. It looks even better than I expected.

Shan123

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2009
Tampa, FL USA
The attachment's just a camera phone pic, but it shows the Protege (with the silver atty) between a Prodigy and a Bic lighter (for size comparison).

My near-story of woe:

Part I: When my Prodigy was delivered, the mail-person shoved it into the mailbox (condo mailbox) in such a way that the box slid under the lock mechanism, and I COULD NOT open my mailbox. This had never happened before. I couldn't get to my Prodigy, or any other mail, until the next delivery we got, where the mail-person could open the box from the other side and free the lock. Obviously I wasn't happy.

Part II: Today my fella goes out to get the mail and comes back in growling. "The damn mailbox door is stuck again." I thought for a half-sec and realized they'd done it AGAIN... my Protege was here, and they'd shoved the box underneath the lock mechanism!

The mailboxes are bolted hard to the ground. I went out anyway and HIT the front of the box as hard as I could, hoping to knock the Protege box back inside the box enough to free the lock. It worked. That sucker was NOT gonna sit in the mailbox until Monday afternoon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread