◄ Honest Questions About PureSmokers Future ►

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't bother trying to understand this person Gary. It's like arguing with a drunk. Best to just sit back and laugh ;-)

Agreed. I've seen this guy go off spouting nonsense everywhere that e-cigs are mentioned. It seems to be a theme for him.

His mentality:
Start sh** over nothing>Argue with strangers>Fail>Act like you won

Don't feed the troll.

Edit: If he makes the "same exact device" at a lower cost, I'll buy 3.
But it'd better be laser etched... :lol:

Last edited:

BrockJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2009
Dallas, Texas
Wow! Makes me wanna load a bowl with something I don't have or do anymore :)

I personally don't mind the small increase, as long as PS continues to provide high quality machining, innovative designs and superior performance. And, we get to keep Casey.

Her personality, character and charm make people feel comfortable and at ease even in a problem situation. It makes it a personal experience. That alone is worth the small bump.

Maybe we (that'd be you) should look into advertising on sites other than e-cig forums. A place where you can introduce your devices to people who are looking and hoping for an alternative. They just don't know where to go, what to do, what equipment it takes to step away, how to be successful.

My biggest initial fear was that I’d tie up a bunch of money in this e-cig thing and not quit or even worse, develop an additional habit.

The cost associated with something like this would be minimal.
There are a lot of people out there that would love an alternative to analogs. I found out about PureSmoker from an online RC Helicopter Forum where people know about quality, custom machining and have tons of money tied up in hobbies far less beneficial to your health.

Personally I just don’t see it as being a problem. I see it as an opportunity to break out of the MOD concept and be looked upon as a pioneering enterprise that provides an alternative to smokers everywhere. (Jeeezus.. I could write lines like that for Obama)

epluribus_vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I was a shipping number, now I'm a sold Protege customer. I did get my orders in just before the word came out of raised prices, but it hasn't stopped me from recommending the Protege to everyone I've talked to... and I understand the price hike because Americans cost more. I don't mean that negatively, either.
I will gladly pay more to know that someone else didn't file for unemployment this week because I took my business elsewhere (and I have quite a few friends looking for work right now, to no avail). And while I know that I probably didn't stop anyone from working in a sweat shop in China to produce subpar, cheap merchandise to fill US stores, at least I know those here working to make a quality product will have loyal customers who are willing to pay the extra cost for a quality product. Not to mention, when I'm putting money in someone else's pocket, at least I know it's someone who truly tries to make sure the customer gets what the customer wants! Thanks Steve!

frankie1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
Florida
Well horse patooties....it all boils down to one thing. We are all adults and spending, I assume, our own hard earned $$$$ so that would make it OUR BUSINESS!!!! Not any of these folks who come by and attack the man on his own forum!! Heck I can name at least one vendor who would have deleted that BS by now! LOL

Steve, I think if you can get a grand out of these things...do it! I will just bet every single one of these smart tails would if they could!!!

Bah humbug....go away trolls, you're interrupting my $$$$$$$$$$ Protege vape!!!

I was a shipping number, now I'm a sold Protege customer. I did get my orders in just before the word came out of raised prices, but it hasn't stopped me from recommending the Protege to everyone I've talked to... and I understand the price hike because Americans cost more. I don't mean that negatively, either.
I will gladly pay more to know that someone else didn't file for unemployment this week because I took my business elsewhere (and I have quite a few friends looking for work right now, to no avail). And while I know that I probably didn't stop anyone from working in a sweat shop in China to produce subpar, cheap merchandise to fill US stores, at least I know those here working to make a quality product will have loyal customers who are willing to pay the extra cost for a quality product. Not to mention, when I'm putting money in someone else's pocket, at least I know it's someone who truly tries to make sure the customer gets what the customer wants! Thanks Steve!

Amen.
Couldn't have said it any better.

tvujec

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I don't understand all this voltage stuff, sorry! But I am glad to hear that it will be similar with the Protoge to the regular ecigs I vape now.
The voltages are the same, what's different is the rate of drop. E.g. freshly charged 901 battery and protege battery both give out 4.2V. They gradually drop to 2.7V when they are considered empty. 901 battery will work for 2 hours until that point, protege for 10. They are called 3.7V batteries because they give 3.7V on average.

mpetva

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Virginia
The voltages are the same, what's different is the rate of drop. E.g. freshly charged 901 battery and protege battery both give out 4.2V. They gradually drop to 2.7V when they are considered empty. 901 battery will work for 2 hours until that point, protege for 10. They are called 3.7V batteries because they give 3.7V on average.

Thanks! It now makes a bit more sense.:oops:

Antebellum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2009
Madison, GA
you're absolutely right kgonepostl ... the protege is now being manufactured overseas, and I am buying them at $6 each and reselling them for what i am :rolleyes:

The smilie at the end indicates sarcasm or irony. Kgonepostl, would they be working on getting US-sourced juice if they were going to export the production that is so important to their company's reputation and position?

a2dcovert

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Louisiana
Boy, this thread has gotten a lot of mileage. I believe that the future of this market will depend on the innovators like PS. The days of putting up a web site and buying products from China for resale are getting short. Steve and Casey are making a good decisions. The market is going to change drastically is a short period of time. A lot or resellers are going to fold up their tents and disappear. The survivors will be those who can think on their feet and solve the solutions of change. My money is on PS.

Kevin

a2dcovert

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Louisiana
That's crazy, people will always be satisfied with the cheap chinese kits!?!? I mean, it took me two whole weeks of vaping on a cheapie before I got a protege... d'oh... good call :)

The problem is going to be getting shipments through after the FDA slams the door. If your only stocking source is China you might have a problem.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread