Starter Kits $35.00 - Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

DawnBella

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
USA
I picked one up at Walgreen's just for fun. I do like the Blu flavor and recharging is not an issue to me. Anyway, it lasted about 8 days before the PCC just up and died. $35.00 wasted. (well the 2 batts are still good but don't want black lol) This is the new stater pack (retail) that comes with 2 batts, 5 carts and hold 3 carts, 1 assembled and charges the other.

donnybullets

Jul 31, 2013
kernersville, nc
i started with Blue, and it didnt work for me... light Vapor production, not great flavor, and the battery died after 20 days (well, maybe not exactly, but it was less than a month...

i decided to stick with it.... i tried the Volt, from Smokeless Image | Only The Best Electronic Cigarette | Smokeless Image Electronic Cigarettes - The Future is in your hands, and was MUCH happier....

i like the tobacco flavors, and i have tried...
Midnight express (my all day Vape)
desert joe (very good)
RY4 (awesome)
and my girlfriend smokes the cherry and peach (she loves both of them)

since then i have upgraded my equipment to a Vapor Craze Noble 1 (my first Genesis style hybrid)
and i got teresa a iHybrid Clone off of ebay.

rolling stainless steel wicks was something that i was a tad scared of, but the vapor production is tremendous, much easier than i had thought. and the kanthal wire is cheap, and i like to tinker with it anyhow. there are alot of good videos on youtube that explain the process

do yourself a favor and get good equipment, i highly recommend Smokeless image to start out, the blu's were the first step, and if it had not been for the Volt, i would probably have given up. alot of the people i work with have tried the eGo's and they are just like the Volt except for they dont use the same clearo's the look just a bit different, and they wont thread onto the volt batteries.

i was a pack a day smoker and the Volt got me to kick the nasty habit in 4 days.... now i am addicted to vaping!!!

JRudey

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Twin Cities
Good heads up to those who want to try Blu.
They should just order a battery, charger, clearomizer kit from fast tech for $12.00...
And $4.00 for 2 , 10ml's of juice

I'm sure you tried this route Dawn,,with over 500 posts.....

VAPE ON

Is Fast Tech an option for people like me that don't use PayPal?

wolfstone5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2010
Somerset, Pennsylvania
Unfortunately, there are limited options at gas stations, grocery stores, etc and the Blu kit is one of the only choices for a rechargeable. I drove from PA to Florida the other day and picked up one of the Blu kits just to try it out. It reminded me of my first e cig, the original Volcano mini. Matter of fact, at the time when I bought mine, they were made in the same factory. The kit works as expected except that one of the batteries draws a lot better than the other. It must be the threading or something with the notches. Anyway, it is what it is. The big problem as I see it is the ridiculously expensive cartomizers, $15 for a 5 pack. Considering that you can buy a 30ml bottle of top of the line juice for $16. Blu has a good thing going for beginners I guess. Unless we know someone who's into it, we all get screwed on our first kit! It's a learning experience......

rhm3769

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
Huntersville, NC
I started with blu about a month ago just to try them out and got hooked in.... bought an ego twist two weeks later....
My blu still works and is still used.... plus the carts fit my ego so if I run out of juice or forget or can't fill up or just want something different, I can usr the carts.... and I take everything with me, as well as all the charging cables....
I have noticed one battery draws better than the other, as well and both of them perform better now since I got the twist, but not anywhere near the ego still....

gearjunky

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
illinois
i just bought a new blu starter pack from walgreens...i have to say it is not a very good ecig so far. i just thought i'd see what the real story is on the blu myself. one of the 2 batteries barely works and i'm gonna be returning that battery to blu soon. i like the johnson creek juice inside tho but the vapor production is pretty terrible too. but considering the battery size, and cart design i guess i was just expecting a little better kit than what i got from this blucig...i mainly bought this pack thinking it would just be another easy kit to throw in my pocket when i need to go up town to run a short errand or whatever. i do tho like the PCC and the general concept of the kit. luckily it only cost $35 otherwise i'd be upset from my purchase...my main plan too was to re-fill the carts myself as i went along, but i really probably wont hardly ever use this blucig kit since the batterys suck and he vapor production is really really bad. i mainly vape on a large spinner type battery and a tank...so im really used to massive amounts of vapor, so i was not expecting "vape glory"...i also have several other pen style cig vape kits and i dont really like those either due to low vapor production and having to take such huge power puffs to just get a satisfying hit. i will probably just stick with my tank systems and variable volt spinner batterys even if they are kind of a pain to grab and go with me on short trips around town...

DasBluCig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Chichester, NH
I must be the only one who hates Blu. Bought a disposable once and thought it tasted like coffee infused anus dipped in chocolate. But hey, taste is subjective.
Greetings from another NH vaper!!:D
To paraphrase Will Rogers: "Disposables are only junk we haven't PITCHED yet!!";)

Johnnysb

Moved On
Sep 25, 2013
San Jose, CA
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Linkspammer

Seapup

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia, USA
Looks like some bad luck streak.

That bad, really? Seems ok to me.

While not awesome, it seemed ok to me too. If not for Blu, I'd be sitting here smoking a cig instead of vaping away. Blu was my gateway to freedom from cigs and opened the door to awesome mods and this wonderful forum. :vapor:

heatwave

Sep 20, 2013
Twin Ports, MN
Thought I would pop a note in here with a my recent mishap. Have had the starter pack for a couple weeks and it has been performing perfectly until the other night. In its defense I ran it completely dead not like its probably dead don't use it but more like its dead and make it charge a battery (which it did) then put in another dead batt before bed (which it also charged at least some) and then realize you don't have a power cord and can't plug it in. So I thought no biggie I'll charge it in the morning at the office. Fast forward to the next morning plug in the PCC and the blue charging light comes on for about 20 minutes than goes out. I think well it can't have charged that fast so I throw a dead batt in it nothing. Plug in unplug etc try and get the connection going nothing. So I notice its inside of the 30 days offered by walgreens and I have my receipt so off I go to walgreens. I was informed there that they cannot ever give you your money back on one of these starter packs (that was fine I didn't want my money back) but they could exchange it for me which they did no problem and I was out in 10 minutes. 5 brand new cartos in the starter pack that they didn't want back and no big deal and from what I hear about Blu's customer service hopefully I won't have to many problems. Just my .02

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
While not awesome, it seemed ok to me too. If not for Blu, I'd be sitting here smoking a cig instead of vaping away. Blu was my gateway to freedom from cigs and opened the door to awesome mods and this wonderful forum. :vapor:

I also started with a Blu kit .. credit due where credit is due.

Top_Bunk

Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
Cbus!
I started vaping about 6 weeks ago with a $30 Blu kit and upgraded to egos and tanks within a week, but the Blu still has its place in my daily vapes.

The Boge LR cartomizers work well with it, and fit right into the PCC. The batteries and PCC have performed flawlessly, and it is a decent vape with the Boge cartos. It is convenient and discreet. Cartomizers aside, I have no complaints with the batteries and PCC.

Of course I have not had experience with other cigalikes, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread