What's all the whining about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wittler

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Winter Haven, Fl
I ordered my Blu 5/17. Arrived on 5/28. One battery dead on arrival, the other wouldn't hold a charge for more than 20 minutes. Returned parts to Blu 6/2. Placed a second order on 6/5 as I was still waiting for my replacement parts. Customer service is terrible. Sent Jason Healy an email on 7/7 trying to find out where my parts were along with the new order. 7/9 canceled my second order, tired of waiting, still no parts. Mr. Healy replied on 7/14 said he was in China. Sent email to Mr. Healy on 7/21 still no parts.
7/22 parts were shipped. 7/24 I received parts. 7/24 called Blu for RMA faulty batteries and warped and crooked atomizer. 8/13 Called to check status of parts. nobody knows anything about the order. 8/14 Emailed Mr. Healy damanded entire new kit, He said one will ship today. We'll have to wait and see.

You want the Blues? Order a Blu. All reviews of the company and customer service are 100% true. When it works its good for a super mini. PCC is nice. Customer service sucks.
Never received emails from customer service, Never got a return phone call. Only person that has communicated with me is the President of the company. I had to threaten to report him to my credit card company for fraud to get any results. One less Blu customer out there now. Thanks to James at thesmokesafe.com. He sold me two Joye 510's and a Joye 306 I love. He has the best customer service, shipping times are great and answered ever email.
Additional thanks to: esmokytreats.com, rockymountainvapor.com, truevaper.com, esmokeronline.com, vaporcountry.com. All are great vendors.
Sorry so long winded, Just wanted to let everyone know about Blu.

Love the forum and the threads... Keep on vaping.

hxj

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Arlington, MA
You want the Blues? Order a Blu. All reviews of the company and customer service are 100% true. When it works its good for a super mini. PCC is nice. Customer service sucks.

See, this is clearly why I'm apparently one of the only satisfied blu customers in existence: I've never had to contact them, ever. One month in, all my original equipment still works perfectly well, and if anything, I'm getting better vapor now (combination of refilling the carts with better liquid, breaking in the atomizers?, and getting a real feel for how to draw on it).

So apparently that's the secret to being happy with a blu: never try to talk to them. ;)

comfortably numb

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2009
Northern IL
Nope... I am satisfied with my Blu too, and I have had contact with the Company (always positive). My only problem is when I try to refill the cartridges I always end up with juice in my mouth LOL, I am definitely doing something wrong. Their cartridges don't last long - that's for sure, but the flavor is great... everything else is working just fine. I also have a 510, I like that too, but it does not give me the feel of analogs like Blu does.

hxj

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Arlington, MA
Nope... I am satisfied with my Blu too, and I have had contact with the Company (always positive). My only problem is when I try to refill the cartridges I always end up with juice in my mouth LOL, I am definitely doing something wrong. Their cartridges don't last long - that's for sure, but the flavor is great... everything else is working just fine. I also have a 510, I like that too, but it does not give me the feel of analogs like Blu does.

Glad to hear you're enjoying yours, too. :) As for the juice-in-the-mouth problem, sounds like you're overfilling. Since the atomizer wick is so long and pokes right into the cart (to break the foil in a new blu cart), if you don't leave a mm or two at the top when filling, the wick will overflow the cart and you'll get spillage.

I find it works best to pull out the stuffing and wash and dry it (or use new polyfill), and first drip the empty cart half-full, then add the dry stuffing, and then drip a few more drops on top.

I've also become a HUGE fan of carrying five refilled carts in the pack, each topped with an atomizer in lieu of a cap. (They fit just fine in the pack.) That way, to change carts, you just unscrew the whole cart-and-atomizer and screw a replacement on. The new atomizer will be nicely wicked and ready to vape, and since you're replacing the cart and atomizer together, you can change flavors instantly with no overlap. I switch flavors all day long. blu atomizers are cheap-- less than $20 for four, shipped.

hxj

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Arlington, MA
OK, that could be my problem.. I was using the lazy way, like I refill my 510s LOL. Just a few drops to top off. Thank you for the tips.

Oh, for topping off, try this: use a straightened paper clip to poke the cart out of the mouthpiece, and then stick it down the side of the cart to push the filling slightly away from the wall of the cart. Then when you top off, you won't get air bubbles causing spillage. It can be sort of a pain, but I know I don't go anywhere without a straightened paper clip anymore. :D

hmm well i hated it for these reasons

4 weeks to deliver

signed up as affiliate - reffered people and racked up 16 sales in just a day or two - 2 months later have the orders cancelled because of waiting and I still have yet to be paid for the others including my own purchase!

I myself as a heavy vaper could just not get satisfied from and of the carts although I will admit the flavors are better than some others i have had

on day 3 i sold mine to my sis and would much rather smoke my 403 in comparison

Apophis

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
Chulak
I was not disappointed at all with my blu purchase. To me all the flavors were a little weak except for the menthol, but they were still good. The best part is the pcc and the worst part is the super sensitive battery. Otherwise, all in all, vapor production is good, batteries were good (primarily due to the pcc) and the carts lasted a good amount of time. I was a 1 pack a day smoker and went through 1 cart a day. I will admit that I also had 2-4 analogs to help supplement the change to electronics.

Now I'm proud to say I'm off analogs for 19 days and strickly using a 402.:w00t:

mischiefgrrl

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Los Angeles
I ordered the blu a week ago and it's here! Too bad I bought two packs of "analogs" before coming home and finding this package stuffed in my mailbox. Unfortunately the mailman really crammed it in there good busting the cardboard case and also breaking through the plastic charger pack. It still works but I prefer to be the one damaging my things thank you!

Anyway, I'm only two hours into my experience with the blu and it is my first e-cig. I really love this so far and have already tried java jolt and very vanilla. They remind me of stopping at the Duty Free stores on the way into Mexico on vacation and picking up the cherry and vanilla cigs for a treat.

I've been a smoker for over 20 years so I hope this is what can get me to finally quick those suckers! I'm really looking forward to not having to worry about smelling like smoke and scrubbing my hands after every smoke break so I don't stink. Yay!

repus

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2009
Bay City, Mi
Blu Service 1/10
Blue Product 9/10

The PCC is the best on the market so I had to get one and am still happy with it. Although I tend to use the Manual 510 with PCC more because when I go outside with the Blu it is a little to sensitive. Still perfect for going to a friends house to play cards or whatever and being able to charge it on the spot.

Not to mention the blue light on the pcc acts as a flashlight outside when its dark.

jpatc1

Aug 28, 2009
We've had a Blu for about 3 months. My wife used it for about 2 months until I took it over and she bought a 510. We just ordered another Blu for her and a 510 for me. The 510's will be for home use and the Blu for going out/work. We both love the Blu.

I'm using Janty Mini fogger blank carts with the Blu atomizer with no problems. Anyone else using this?

I have also found that if you remove half of the wool of the Janty carts you get a ton more vapor and it lasts longer. I pull out the small fluid holder, pull the wool out, fill the holder, cut half of the original wool off to allow for more fluid, put the wool at the top of the holder to stop the fluid from coming out, and put it back in the cart with the rubber plug to set the depth. Works great for me.

mischiefgrrl

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Los Angeles
It's funny, I thought maybe I was missing something great by only having a Blu so I ordered a 510 after reading so many threads on how superior it is. I have my 510 now and it's ok but I still used my Blu to get me through the workday. The carts taste great and I've bought other liquid but none of the other coffee type flavors I've tried compare with Blu.

I'm sure once I get this horrible plastic chemical taste out of the 510 (apparently the "primer") I'll be more satisfied with it. If I had gotten that before the Blu as my first e-cig experience, I probably wouldn't have gone with an e-cig. Blu straight out of the box tasted great and satisfied most of my cigarette cravings.

rhoneil

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
There was so many things I liked about the BluCigs especially the size, the taste and the PCC. As my first PCC I was happy for about a week and a half. At the time I did not have anything to refill my carts or mod them with PTB material. I did take a long time to get to me 5 weeks. That was one of my worries considering the fact that I instantly stopped smoking tobacco and was running out of carts. Part of it could have been the fact that I was new to ecigs and didnt take appropriate drags but I did have a couple of concerns. When I told them that one of my attys was no longer working after 3 days they told me that the kit I received included a back up and they would not replace it.

Spare parts: Thats another thing I liked about BluCigs. They all looked very reasonably priced. But when my PCC started making a gurgling noise when it was charging I knew it was time to send it back. By this time I did have another kit (one suggested in this forum) I was able to compare their performances. Considering battery life, throat hit, vapor production, the fact that I was not pleased with the Blu's automatic switch performance and now the PCC making noises, I chose to return it.

I really would not mind going back if things change. Up until today, their home page still says that their cartons are equivalent to 75 cigarettes when another page says only 30. I know this because I still check their site once in a while to see if anything HAS changed. I tried, the last few days I had it I kept giving it all the chances to win me over but it just didnt. I am happy for those who like it, I did. For now, as the dragons would say in the den, "I'm out."

The thing that I am most thankful for and give all the credit to BluCigs is the fact that they did get their name out. If they didnt, I dont think I would know about ecigs to this day. I dont watch the regular news and dont watch commercials (gotta love tivo) but because I have heard about them I have been smokeless since 8/1/2009. Thanks Blu.

rho

rhoneil

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
It's funny, I thought maybe I was missing something great by only having a Blu so I ordered a 510 after reading so many threads on how superior it is. I have my 510 now and it's ok but I still used my Blu to get me through the workday. The carts taste great and I've bought other liquid but none of the other coffee type flavors I've tried compare with Blu.

I'm sure once I get this horrible plastic chemical taste out of the 510 (apparently the "primer") I'll be more satisfied with it. If I had gotten that before the Blu as my first e-cig experience, I probably wouldn't have gone with an e-cig. Blu straight out of the box tasted great and satisfied most of my cigarette cravings.

I agree, that coffee was really good. I have made other coffee juice purchases because of my experience with Blus.

I have had my blu since the first of July and am very happy with it, tried to order new carts, when they were taking 4 to 6 weeks to fill orders, so started using juice, and happy with that, my carts were getting loose, from use, so ordered more 2 weeks ago and got them, yeah..they are starting to ship orders quicker, as soon as they are empty, I will use the juice again, but I love the blu and everything about it...I also ordered one more battery so will always have 2 charged up at a time..

LadyPamela

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Bay Area, California
I was just so excited to find out about e-cigs! Where have they been that I never knew about them before I quit using Chantix??

Anyway... I ordered the Blu starter pack last Wednesday night and I got an email on Friday that my order was shipped. When I placed the order it said that their shipping time was currently 5 days.

I like their starter kit, good styling and marketing actually. The charging pack, the 5 flavors, the two batteries, two seperate chargers, etc. Looks like they are getting a handle on their shipping time problems too.

I just hope I have a good experience with them. I've smoked for 30 years, not a casual smoker at all, so I do want something that can live up to my expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread