Not open for further replies.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I know the start-up costs can sometimes be discouraging. I want to give you hope though, that everything will work out over time. Therefore I am opening the door into my own personal expenses, over the past year +.

Notes
- My wife and I were spending, on average, $945 per month on tobacco.
- Through Nov 2012, that number is now down to $738.13 (on e-cigs), and dropping monthly.
- Our savings, over the first 13 months, is 27%. But, again, that savings percentage is increasing each month.

I've attached a chart of real numbers for your convenience. The message, if you stick with it, you will save money.

Good luck and hang in there!

CostComp2.jpg

nodramaclothing

Oct 31, 2012
Virginia
I was spending $300 a month on cigarettes, way too much for my budget. In an attempt to stop lighting a sizable portion of my paycheck on fire, I decided to started vaping again. My first attempt was a feeble one, I bought a couple of starter kits from Blu a few years ago and needless to say it didn't do the trick. So, two months ago I purchased an Ego 1000mah Pass through and a ViviNova Mini (all said and done.... around $30). The next month was a purchase from Wizard Labs for eliquid supplies (10 flavors and 500ml of both pg and vg... around $25). Month three has me upgrading a bit as I just purchased an Ego Apv V2 from Health Cabin along with the necessities (batteries, chargers and of course a shiny new Smoktech tank and a few dual coil cartos). Without counting the blus' of the past, I have taken the $900 dollars I would have spent in the last three months and used $130 on vaping and and the rest on Christmas for my kids. All in all I say a worthy trade.

oh u mad

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
cali
My start up was long time ago, around $120

I spent $2,200 in 43 months and have everything to support my vaping for 1.5-2 years without buying anything.

Avoided spending $7,322 on cigarettes.

Enough said.

Don't be so focused on a start up cost.

Everyone will be in black!

and you just saved $999,999,999 in health care costs. and you can actually breathe!

POSEIDON

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Memphis
I started with blu(lasted about 3 days) then went to revolver picked up a 510. That lasted for 1 month, moved on to a VV "lavatube" style. That broke, bought my silver bullet. Got a kick, love it. Then bought a Provari mini, the extender, and 4 batterys. Now prob going to buy another Provari(the full size this time). 3 J tanks, just ordered 6 more tanks(3 from phiniac and 3 Evolution Tanks going to combine them to look purdy). Debating on getting a genesis style atty(since I read about them on here). Who knows how much juice and cartos Ive gone through(including 4 Vivi Novas and heads).

flowerchild

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
In the forest waitakere nz
I spent a fortune whan I started but quite a bit was spent on stuff I didnt need or like. I found ECF and the forums gave me all the info i needed to make better choices. I dont spend as much now (Ive been vapeing 7 months) I buy RTV and do a bit of DIY. Postage is expensive to NZ from some vendors so that was a killer originally until i found vendors that didnt rip me off :toast:
Good Luck

DrApex

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
Raleigh NC
I might be $250-300 in by now.

I spent $100 on my EGO start up kit.
I then spent another $150 chasing vape liquid, clearomizers, atomizer and a DCT.

I'm not done finding my perfect set up and I'm not too worried about the amount of money I'll end up spending because I can buy premixed juice in quantity and the DCT carto refills are pretty cheap.

For now, I'm more having fun exploring different liquids and attachments. Vaping us definitely more fun than smoking analogs.

Nubbie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2012
Alberta Canada
I been going at this for 27 days, quit the day my ego-c came in the mail.

So far my tally is about $358, that includes getting a Redds kit for the wife. I'm in the black by almost $100 from my old habit and does not include the wife cutting down from using the Redds.

A few more things to grab and need to start some DIY and should be good to go.

scorch

Nov 2, 2012
California
I have spent around $220 so far for my wife and I. I have been analog free for about a month, my wife is now on day 5. We spent about $200/month before. IF I don't buy anything new, I figure we could go at least another 1 -2 months with what we currently have. That's not a bad ROI :) .

It really helps to have found the flavors we like quickly.

That being said, I may pick up some more batteries, maybe a VW mod, possibly an RBA. I'll still easily be ahead in 2 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread